The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr Thor is usually the calmest of my cats, he lost his mind when we had a 5.8 earthquake this morning. Slinking around with his tail right down. All good now though!
CD96FE7B-1AA7-4520-9AED-22C9FD9E4772.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

I’ve tried condition scoring him but it’s really hard.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

Oh my god, the bottom right is hilarious! He's just beautiful too. As for food I think the dry stuff is the one that puts weight on them so he's doing ok.

Reactions: 2
Oh my god, the bottom right is hilarious! He's just beautiful too. As for food I think the dry stuff is the one that puts weight on them so he's doing ok.
Gorgeous babe,he looks fine,probably going to be a big kitty,you are doing right though..❤

Reactions: 3
Hello!

He's beautiful! I used to have a cat called Orion too! He was a part Persian, long haired ginger. It was a mix of different shades all blended together, almost sandy. I still miss him.

I don't have much advice about the food, sorry. I imagine it's hard to cut back too much when he's actively demonstrating he's still hungry.

Hello!

omg his tail :love: my vet advised me that (if you can afford it) the more expensive catfood with a higher meat/fish ratio is better as it satiates more, also as someone else said dry food is really bad for weight gain. That said I think he looks perfect as he is :love::love:

• Heart
Hello!

He's gorgeous. I love the ginger boys. They're always so friendly. I don't think he Orion looks overweight, and if he's always been a bigger cat as you say, then it's probably just his natural size.
I think it may the fluffiness that makes him look a bit bigger. You can see what a gorgeous floof he is from that big fluffy tail 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Still no sign of kitty cat. 😭 Done all the things you are supposed to do, leafleted all the homes around us..

Sorry for being a misery guts :cry: just miss him so much!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello!

He honestly doesn't look at all overweight to me! He looks big and fluffy but not overweight. I would definitely wait until you speak to a vet before you worry unnecessarily. Is he active, is he an indoor or outdoor cat?

Still no sign of kitty cat. 😭 Done all the things you are supposed to do, leafleted all the homes around us..

Sorry for being a misery guts :cry: just miss him so much!
Not a misery guts. Understandable. Fingers crossed still for you. 😘

Reactions: 4
Hello!

There’s satiety cat food which is to help them lose weight and with what’s in it keeps them from feeling hungry. Maybe ask you vet about it to see if they think it would be suitable for him? Royal canin do one but not sure about other brands. You can ask your vet what his ideal weight should be.
Also some veterinary practices do nurse weight clinics to help with these issues. They’ll most likely come up with a plan on how to get him to lose weight and regularly weigh him to check progress. Maybe see if your practice does them?

Reactions: 1
Oh dear cat tattlers…I’ve done a thing!
Lost my precious boy nearly 2 months back, miss him terribly. The house is so quiet without him…

I may have agreed tonight to rehome another kitty, despite saying never again 💔
picking him up in a few days time…eek! 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.