The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm gagging here.... thanks! :sick: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤣
Sorry @CarrieW24 and @Blade Runner but he (HRH Prince hole Andrew) started it :D

Sorry @CarrieW24 and @Blade Runner but he (HRH Prince hole Andrew) started it :D
I jest, and what I’m about to say next is all purely just my own supposition, but the whole Fregie toe sucking drama came out after her being married to him (or whilst she was married to him) so I think one of them was definitely into it and I can’t help but think that she was lead, by him to some degree, given his status and probably her desire to please/marry. If he was her first “real deal“ boyfriend then husband, it could be that what she learned with him became her normality. It’s not unusual to hear of people who experience unusual or downright wrong (not that I’m saying toe sucking is wrong to any foot fetish people) behaviors that then become a norm for them.
Again, I can get my coat anytime, so don’t come for me for having an opinion. I’m all love. Less so about toes though. :) ❤ 🦶

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

I jest, and what I’m about to say next is all purely just my own supposition, but the whole Fregie toe sucking drama came out after her being married to him (or whilst she was married to him) so I think one of them was definitely into it and I can’t help but think that she was lead, by him to some degree, given his status and probably her desire to please/marry. If he was her first “real deal“ boyfriend then husband, it could be that what she learned with him became her normality. It’s not unusual to hear of people who experience unusual or downright wrong (not that I’m saying toe sucking is wrong to any foot fetish people) behaviors that then become a norm for them.
Again, I can get my coat anytime, so don’t come for me for having an opinion. I’m all love. Less so about toes though. :) ❤ 🦶
She had lived with a much older man before she was with Andrew. She was no Lady Di blushing virgin.

ETA Here’s a link to an article about it.

Reactions: 9
She had lived with a much older man before she was with Andrew. She was no Lady Di blushing virgin.

Maybe it went from Paddy to Fergie to Andrew. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I'm actually happy to hear that she had a life before joining the firm. The probability is higher that she made an informed decision to marry, rather than be 'chosen' like poor Diana.

Reactions: 10

No surprises there! 😁
Like I said, I don’t know who the instigator of toesuckinggate was, it’s just my supposition it was PA. I don’t for one minute think Fergie was a naive young innocent when they met, just she was more likely to be a pleaser than HRH given he was the one with status etc (not to mention an undeniably rude, privileged, spoilt little twit). In fact, I’d say, her relationship with a man 27 years older and worth millions only adds credence to what I said above. She gave up a multi millionaire to be with a Prince. She was gonna marry up (and divorce) at whatever cost. Toe sucking and all that came with it. ✌🏻

Reactions: 5
Maybe it went from Paddy to Fergie to Andrew. 😝
We’ll never know. Of course, there were the infamous photos of Fergie on holiday post Andrew with John Bryan (?) where he is sucking her toes, so whoever started it, she certainly developed a taste for it.

It seems like a fairly harmless foible in the scheme of things.

• Haha
  • Heart
We’ll never know. Of course, there were the infamous photos of Fergie on holiday post Andrew with John Bryan (?) where he is sucking her toes, so whoever started it, she certainly developed a taste for it.

A taste for toes - fabulous autobiography title! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
New thread suggestion

The Royal Family: Couch surfing, pizza, or toes... these days anything goes!

• Haha

‘she certainly developed a taste for it.’ 😁

I can’t do BIB but that bit stood out .

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How can we be racist against a woman who has numerous online bio's detailing herself as Caucasian?
At the most she has 25 percent Black heritage (probably less).

She isn't a Black woman and all of her surgeries have strived to make her look more even more Caucasian.

She's Black when it suits her narrative.

The most stupid think I've ever read. She is, clearly, dual heritage. Just because she doesn't walk round with an afro she's no longer black.

• Heart
The most stupid think I've ever read. She is, clearly, dual heritage. Just because she doesn't walk round with an afro she's no longer black.
I think you have mis-read the post.

Meghan Markle is of mixed race heritage, the majority Caucasian. She has chosen to identify as Caucasian on her acting resumé and has undergone cosmetic procedures and possible surgeries to make her appearance more Caucasian. It is only now, when she feels there is an advantage to her, that she is identifying as a person of colour under the ‘one drop’ principle.

Meghan Markle is of mixed race heritage, the majority Caucasian. She has chosen to identify as Caucasian on her acting resumé and has undergone cosmetic procedures and possible surgeries to make her appearance more Caucasian. It is only now, when she feels there is an advantage to her, that she is identifying as a person of colour under the ‘one drop’ principle.
While yes the majority of her heritage might be Caucasian, we don’t know the percentage do we? As Doria is African American it’s to be assumed that there is a percentage of Caucasian blood in her eye to rape of slaves but she’s clearly mostly black? So Meghan is probably like 60/40, not 25 as said above, right?

I find it really uncomfortable when non black/mixed race people talk about racial identification, it’s a very nuanced thing, especially in the states where the one drop principle is still rife and not exactly used towards our benefit. Identifying as white when you’re younger to assimilate and then becoming more comfortable with your identity as you get older is a real thing - just take a look at the Sammi Maria thread on here.

Call her a social climber all you want - anyone who gets involved in the firm is - but to start making assumptions on the reasons why she identified the way she did when she was younger vs how she feels now I think is a bit disgusting tbh.

To add, this is exactly why a lot of people stay out of the Meghan and Harry threads. There is a real struggle of identity politics that comes from being mixed race that few people on either side understand, and while I always stay cynical this is just one thing an outsider can never and will never be able to brush away as ‘oh she’s doing it when it suits her’. It is SO much more complicated than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Her mother is black, so she is mixed heritage. If she identified as caucasian on her resume, it was probably because it's only been very recently that black women have been given a chance in Hollywood, and still dont get leads in roles with mixed casts. That is Hollywoods issue.

While yes the majority of her heritage might be Caucasian, we don’t know the percentage do we? As Doria is African American it’s to be assumed that there is a percentage of Caucasian blood in her eye to rape of slaves but she’s clearly mostly black? So Meghan is probably like 60/40, not 25 as said above, right?

I find it really uncomfortable when non black/mixed race people talk about racial identification, it’s a very nuanced thing, especially in the states where the one drop principle is still rife and not exactly used towards our benefit. Identifying as white when you’re younger to assimilate and then becoming more comfortable with your identity as you get older is a real thing - just take a look at the Sammi Maria thread on here.

Call her a social climber all you want - anyone who gets involved in the firm is - but to start making assumptions on the reasons why she identified the way she did when she was younger vs how she feels now I think is a bit disgusting tbh.
Absolutely. You said this much better than me. The obsessive hatred of this complete stranger that turns probably quite pleasant ordinary people into people who are willing to tie themselves in knots, using the horrors of slavery and segregation just to score points is odd to say the least.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

To add, this is exactly why a lot of people stay out of the Meghan and Harry threads. There is a real struggle of identity politics that comes from being mixed race that few people on either side understand, and while I always stay cynical this is just one thing an outsider can never and will never be able to brush away as ‘oh she’s doing it when it suits her’. It is SO much more complicated than that.
This is conjecture just as much as you insinuate my post is. You don’t know her racial mix is 60/40. I have seen sources claim that Doria is herself mixed race, which is why the previous poster suggested a 25/75 split. Meghan was mainly raised by her father, so is it not just as likely that she identified as Caucasian because of her upbringing, not because it is ‘Hollywood’s issue’, as another poster assumes?

Furthermore, you have no idea what my racial mix is, so don’t assume I’m an ‘outsider’.

Her mother is black, so she is mixed heritage. If she identified as caucasian on her resume, it was probably because it's only been very recently that black women have been given a chance in Hollywood, and still dont get leads in roles with mixed casts. That is Hollywoods issue.

Absolutely. You said this much better than me. The obsessive hatred of this complete stranger that turns probably quite pleasant ordinary people into people who are willing to tie themselves in knots, using the horrors of slavery and segregation just to score points is odd to say the least.
I trust this isn’t directed at me? As I’ve told you before, I don’t have any kind of hatred of Meghan. I do, though, despise her actions and those of her husband.

Nothing was misread.
As @Lilliepad said: race is very complicated and not so black and white, especially for previously oppressed races. We were indoctrinated to hate ourselves. To see afro hair or dark skin as ugly or undesirable. Only in recent times has it "been ok to be black." It is very difficult to break indoctrination especially if its on a societal scale and in every industry. I don't expect you to understand what I'm really saying, and I don't like Markle, but she is mixed race and can embrace or identify with one or both her races as she pleases without the other being diminished. Genetics are also not 50/50. You don't come out being exactly halfway in between your parents hair/skin/eyes shades. The same way a blue eyed and brown eyed couple are not going to produce green eyed offspring every single time. The offspring will have brown, green, hazel, or blue eyes. Even two blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child... The point being that you cannot possibly know Megan's genetic makeup just by looking at her skin and deciding "she's not black enough" for your liking. You can't look at her cv too and come to the same conclusion (I'll save the race misrepresentation in tv lecture for another day). My full siblings and I are all different shades, and with different hair types you'd think we had different parents. I'm the clone of my dad, it's like my mother had nothing to do with my dna, vice versa for my sister. Neither one of us owe people an explanation for our appearance, you'd be amazed at how often they think they are entitled one.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nothing was misread.
As @Lilliepad said: race is very complicated and not so black and white, especially for previously oppressed races. We were indoctrinated to hate ourselves. To see afro hair or dark skin as ugly or undesirable. Only in recent times has it "been ok to be black." It is very difficult to break indoctrination especially if its on a societal scale and in every industry. I don't expect you to understand what I'm really saying, and I don't like Markle, but she is mixed race and can embrace or identify with one or both her races as she pleases without the other being diminished. Genetics are also not 50/50. You don't come out being exactly halfway in between your parents hair/skin/eyes shades. The same way a blue eyed and brown eyed couple are not going to produce green eyed offspring every single time. The offspring will have brown, green, hazel, or blue eyes. Even two blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child... The point being that you cannot possibly know Megan's genetic makeup just by looking at her skin and deciding "she's not black enough" for your liking. You can't look at her cv too and come to the same conclusion (I'll save the race misrepresentation in tv lecture for another day). My full siblings and I are all different shades, and with different hair types you'd think we had different parents. I'm the clone of my dad, it's like my mother had nothing to do with my dna, vice versa for my sister. Neither one of us owe people an explanation for our appearance, you'd be amazed at how often they think they are entitled one.
The rest of your post makes perfect sense, however re the bib, @emsie’s comment regarding afros was a clear misinterpretation of the post she was commenting on.

Reactions: 1
This is conjecture just as much as you insinuate my post is. You don’t know her racial mix is 60/40. I have seen sources claim that Doria is herself mixed race, which is why the previous poster suggested a 25/75 split. Meghan was mainly raised by her father, so is it not just as likely that she identified as Caucasian because of her upbringing, not because it is ‘Hollywood’s issue’, as another poster assumes?

Furthermore, you have no idea what my racial mix is, so don’t assume I’m an ‘outsider’.

I trust this isn’t directed at me? As I’ve told you before, I don’t have any kind of hatred of Meghan. I do, though, despise her actions and those of her husband.
I know it’s conjecture, that’s why I said ‘probably like’ rather than the very specific 25% the other poster said. Doria is clearly not 50% white, so no, it’s not closer to 25/75.

I also agree that her upbringing has a very large part on her assimilation and identification, as I’ve noted in the post, race is complicated, especially for mixed race people who are often expected to choose a side. It’s both a yearning to be like the society you’re surrounded by and also the ruling class of whatever you want to be a part of, in her instance, Hollywood.

When I say outsiders I don’t mean specifically yourself, I mean the wider group of people who claim she chose whiteness until recently. We are all outsiders because we do not know how she really feels - racially aligned or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The rest of your post makes perfect sense, however re the bib, @emsie’s comment regarding afros was a clear misinterpretation of the post she was commenting on.
True. I got heated for a minute. I'm going to leave it here. xox

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.