Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Following on from the discussion about Prince Phillip at 99, I'd like to chuck this into the mix.

I work in a centre for older people. The old manager was a bit Rule Britannia - God Save the Queen type.

When the old Queen Mum died, the chairs were arranged around the tv so all the old people could watch the funeral.

As staff, we all assumed the old Queen Mum would be loved by the older people - you know - didn't leave London during the war - looked the east end in the eye and all that.

How wrong we were!!! Some of the comments were - never done a days work in her life - we'd all live to her age if we'd never had any worries - we've paid for her for years - she was only interested in her whisky and horse racing - why are we watching this 💩💩💩 - I'll watch it to make sure she's deid!!!

The manager was nearly in tears at the majesty of it all - particularly all the soldiers on parade!!! But she was the only one!!!

From our client group it seems that the Queen is well respected. The rest not so much!!! I think they might have a bit of an issue when she dies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

vikka

VIP Member
Am I the only one who wants the royal family abolished? They're good for gossip but an absolutely waste of tax payers money.
I wouldn't even spare the queen. She's seems like a grumpy cow and I have lost all respect for her shielding her precious Andrew
You're not the only one. I find a monarchy has no place in today's world.

Countries without a monarch have basically two heads of state: One who runs the government and the other who's "the face". Eg Germany: the Chancellor (Merkel) is the one with power, the President (Steinmeier) is there to look pretty and host.

Having a republic would be no different to the current monarchy, except the people wouldn't have to fund and bear a family in perpetuity and keep them in the lap of luxury for cutting ribbons.
And when scandals etc hit, then the people are simply not re-elected or booted out of office. No chance doing that with royals.

And please no "tourism" argument, I have yet to meet anyone who's come because of the Windsors. Other republics seem to do just fine on the tourism front. Plus if the Windsors were abolished, the people could open the palaces, which would mean more money.

Other monarchies in Europe are a lot more modern, Britain is the most old-fashioned. Others have a monarch & heir only system, spares are raised to join the workforce, curtseys are also abolished. For both look at eg the Netherlands.

Will's work with the air ambulance was glorified. He wasn't even the pilot, but the co-pilot. No other air ambulance had the same arrangement as his. His had a seat for his RPO, taking a seat away from people who are injured and their company. Will nearly lost his wings, because he flew so little. He never worked holidays like others. He wasn't very much present, either. Colleagues didn't exactly love him, partly because they had to constantly pick up the slack. Then there's the cost of the helicopter, which was a special order just for Will (for co-pilot room and whatnot).

Compared to other heirs, Will's preparation has been rather lacking and his presence even more so.

A good career for him would be more diplomacy. Like other heirs are prepped. He could have an arrangement like with air ambulance, but learn the ropes. Though at his age (and his father's and granny's) to argue that Will & Kate are fine to be stay-at-home parents or parents with a "normal" career to be more at home with kids is ridiculous.

The have more than one nanny. What for? The one nanny is the main nanny, but they also have 1 or 2 part time nannies. Enough staff to never deal with their kids. The Waleses worked a lot more and had only ever one full time nanny. What do the Cambs need so much staff for?

It would kill neither of them to do, say, two days per week of engagements. The other days be home, or have their engagements around noon every day, if they really must be with their kids every day. With the fleet of transport available to them, that is not a stretch to be present throughout the country. Their kids are mostly at school anyway.

Kate let slip years ago that Will wasn't much present during George's first 8 months or so.
Kate was also dreadful at engagements with kids, that changed once she had kids and when they became a bit older, she had it easier then. Not everyone is a kid person, that's fine. But they tried to build a "kids' princess" type of image and it didn't work at all.

Old Liz is just a glorified pen-pushing puppet and the reason why she's hailed as such a great queen are two-fold:

1. The more recent reason is that she's seen as "nice old granny", like her mother. It's just the favoured image.

2. The establishment perpetuates that image, because the establishment is happy with her. To be popular with the establishment as British monarch, you just have to sign anything they give you and nod "ok". That's what her father taught her, which is what he did and that's what she keeps doing.

The monarch has actually a lot more power than is widely known, but Liz never uses it.

Why do Liz and George VI sign anything presented by the government?

Because they learnt from Ed VIII. Ed was forced by the government (establishment) to abolish. Wallis wasn't the reason at all, but that was the front of it. The reason were his Nazi sympathies, which weren't too grave, as a lot of the upper class was with Hitler (it was the threat of Hitler possibly taking over UK with Ed as king that had the establishment sweating). What the establishment was really appalled by was that Ed had ideas. He wanted change. He wanted a better life for the little man. He thought too much and was too eccentric. He was in essence the Diana of his day. He visited workers in slums, which was novel and appalling to establishment and his parents. He saw how they lived and wanted improvements (in terms of living conditions and health care as well as wages). The establishment hated that, the old boys club was seething. His Nazi sympathies were fine, but when plans emerged of Hitler taking over Britain and Ed being king of that coupled with Ed's ideas and ambitions which were "out of touch" in terms of the establishment, that's when they decided he had to go.

Wallis was used to sell the abdication. Ed could've easily married Wallis, they had overwhelming public support and love and the establishment didn't at all care about Wallis.
Though Wallis never wanted to marry Ed, but had no other choice after Ed publicly gave up the throne for her.

Anyway, Ed's having ideas and wanting to change things (and I don't mean the Hitler conquers Britain bit) was the biggest crux of why the establishment forced him out. They were unhappy with him as PoW and when he didn't change his views as king had them planning his exit. There's more to Ed's ideas, but I can't remember all right now, in any way, he'd have made for a modern, great king was ahead of his time, I kid you not.
In any case, that's how George VI and Lizzie learnt not to have any ideas and just go along with the establishment.
That's why Lizzie is hailed in the media as such a great queen, never put a foot wrong, sweet old granny, etc.

There are fascinating documentaries on the subject when you look for documentaries on YouTube (if they're all available there) on the abdication crisis, Ed & Wallis, the queen mum, and how the Windsors do spin (there's a docu series on just that, wildly fascinating, eg that's where I learnt that the Windsors leak themselves to eg The Sun to gauge public mood).

I am all for a republic, but like many of you am fascinated by the Windsors and love the gossip, intrigue and history surrounding them, so have fallen quite down the rabbit hole without any intent over time 🙈🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

wkdlass

My Dad was lucky enough to go to an event at Buckingham Palace in 2001 and was stood alone, Sophie Wessex came over on her own and started talking to him and in the conversation my Dad said something about being bald and Sophie laughingly said, “You should ask Elton some advice on wigs” and Elton John was stood behind my Dad 😆

• Haha
  • Wow

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Men and women have always used sex as a tool. I do think she is too skinny sometimes, but she is great for the RF.
Shes great for the Royal Family because shes just the type of Stepford Wife that they desire. Someone who will put up and shut up. Whether that is great for her, her children or anyone else is another matter entirely. Shes hardly some I'd want a child of mine to look up to, for example, but then again I'd be disappointed if they considered anyone from the Royal Family as someone to look up to.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Diana was pregnant when she died. My dad worked on the papers and the news came down the wire that she was pregnant. She was still alive when medics got to her and expected by them to survive the crash but because she wasn't taken to the closest hospital she bled out and died. She informed the medics that she was pregnant.
The has been debunked years ago.

She wasn’t pregnant and was on the pill, in fact she’d just had a period. This has been back up by lots of her friends. Her injuries were catastrophic and that’s why she died.

It’s fine to believe the conspiracy’s if that floats your boat, but don’t post them as fact when it’s actually a lot of tosh.

Ginger_roots

Too many posts to quote but just wanted to respond to a few comments. I can't find any evidence that Kate has had lip fillers, she has pretty thin lips.
The queen and Charles and Diana (who unlike Kate did proclaim that she wanted to bring up her children and be a stay at home mum) all had multiple nannies. I have only ever seen evidence of the Cambridges having one nanny who lives with them, not that I think it really matters if they do, I just find it misleading to single them out as shirkers of the responsibility of bringing up their own kids.
It's weird that Kate has been singled out for "showing her knickers" and clubbing whilst she was apart from William. She was a single girl having fun, we've all been there 🤨 the press not reporting on that isn't whitewashing, it's because it's old news and everyone knows about it.

Reactions: 25

freda19

VIP Member
To be fair though, how do you or any us know if Kate is an 'excellent mother'? Unless your a fly on the wall? For all we know she could do the bare minimum with her kids and just keeps popping them out. Sure what makes her different to Debbie on the council estate who sits on her arse all day and keeps popping them out?

I dont buy the saintly clean cut image of William and Kate and then the demonize and slander Meghan and Harry bull. It's probably they're all just pretty normal like the rest of us not perfect but mainly just going about their business muddling through not knowing what the fuck they're doing in life but tryna make the best of it. The truth we dont know anymore than the next person what their motives are, how good of a parent they are, how hands on they are etc etc
I know she shops with them for kids clothes in supermarkets and those who spotted her commented on how very hands on she was with them and I know she allows them to run wild in their garden and get dirty and isn't afraid to let them be seen, either being grubby or in staged images and I know that her staff have nothing but good things to say about her, and palace staff are notorious gossips when their bosses are grumpy and shitty.
They are not saintly and don't pretend to be, they just get on with the job they have been alotted without whining and complaining, unlike the snarkles who did nothing but complain and whine about everything from smelly churches to press articles not recognising how amazing they are and who are now harassing the LAPD with their complaints.
As for Debbie sitting on her arse all day, that's nice for her, but Kate can't get away with that on account of having to fulfill royal enagements and represent the aging Queen along with the other royals who've had to take on extra charities and engagements that the lazy good for nothinng snarkles were supposed to be doing. I'm more than happy with how the royals are doing. Well, apart from Charles funding the freeloaders in LA. The sooner he cuts those two grifters loose the better. Bloody sick of helping fund their bid for Hollywood stardom. Lazy shites.

It's a bit odd that your dislike of Meghan has made you portray Kate as some sort of saintly figure??
Where have I elevated her to sainthood:ROFLMAO: .I've said she just gets on with things, being a mother and doing royal engagements in the job she signed up for. She's as saintly as any other mother doing a job and rearing three kids, as in not saintly at all, just getting on with life.
I don't just dislike snarkle, I can't abide her in any way. Same with the big baby she married. Two wastes of oxygen frauds scrounging off the family she called toxic and couldn't wait to get away from.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Diana was pregnant when she died. My dad worked on the papers and the news came down the wire that she was pregnant. She was still alive when medics got to her and expected by them to survive the crash but because she wasn't taken to the closest hospital she bled out and died. She informed the medics that she was pregnant.

• Wow
  • Sad

Ponponpon

VIP Member

WTF... she barely works!!
I smell bullshit. A "source" hasn't leaked her views before, so why would they start now?

Migraine and Harribos actions have caused undue stress and shit on the whole family, without question.

Reactions: 24

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I love Kate! The Middletons are just the modern day Boleyns 🤣 I have a soft spot for James Middleton too, love all the work he does for animals.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
That's a problem with fairytales too 😁 They portray the 'marrying a handsome prince' as the pinnacle of achievement then end at the wedding!
I guess they wouldn’t be quite as romantic if they continued beyond the wedding and showed the reality of married life.

Cinderella 2: Picking up skid-marked pants
Sleeping Beauty 2: Wake up and smell the kitchen bin that hasn’t been emptied
Aladdin 2: The magic carpet gets pee’d on by the cat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

HanCoop89

Love this thread, like so many on here I’m not a royalist but they fascinate me! My Dad is fairly anti royal but he met Prince Charles twice. The first time was at the Hay on Wye literary festival - he took a group of kids from the school he teaches in. It’s in a deprived area of Liverpool. Despite being surrounded by lots of private school children, Charlie boy and Camilla made a beeline for the kids with my Dad, was very warm and friendly and made sure he spoke to them all and had a laugh. Just a few weeks later he attended an event in said area in Liverpool where an old community building had been restored to be used again in the same capacity. Again, my Dad had to concede he was really quite down to earth, funny and appeared to be genuinely interested/care. They drove past a pub in the area and Charles insisted on stopping for a pint. Probably one of the grottier pubs in the entire city but he made time to talk about the history of it and showed an interest in the staff whilst enjoying his pint. I actually really like him and Camilla, I think he will make a good King!

• Heart

Ladyloulou35

I don't think the upset is directed entirely at Meghan - Just Harry is quite an unpopular member of the Royal family too. They may come second only to Andrew.
I think Harry was one of the most popular members of the royal family until he got involved with Meghan, all his help for heroes, invictus games, South Pole trek , he was all over everything. Now he is shacked up in someone else’s house in a different country and looks like he has been wearing the same clothes for 2 months.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Good point actually, in this thread we're talking about the real royals and doing jobs, and the snarkles are now non royal and a pair of lazy slobs who do bugger all so they don't belong in here. (y)

No she didn't. That was said by the writer who is connected to snarkle's best buddy Mulrony.
Kate contributed nothing to that article and the palace even took the step of calling it a load of shite.But in nice language.
Wait..... are you Carole Middleton?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 22

AngryBird101

VIP Member
I don’t like MM because I think she married Harry for all the wrong reasons and it was to further herself along the road, he looks so unhappy since he had been with her and she has done what abusers do; moved him away from his family, I understand that part of her reasons were to do with the British media and I know out of all the media worldwide then the British media are the worst out of them all, but I just don’t think she is genuine and I can’t see their marriage going the distance. I can see why William was suspicious of her and why she was marrying Harry, fame and money comes to mind.

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Well that's the point, I doubt very much she is. It just sounds like a load of bollocks.

Diana didn't go to university though. It's not really a comparison that works.
It works very well, you don't have to go to University to be a hard worker, most of the carers looking after patients with Covid have not got a university education but they work extremely hard. So you think that going to University means you should not work and be like Kate? I see...…..Kate got a History of Art degree and when William dumped her she worked in Jigsaw as a buyer for a short time then packed it in and went to work for the family party planning business where I am sure she was a dab hand at stuffing envelopes in between playing tennis and meeting friends for lunch. Diana was a nanny and admitted herself that she was as thick as a plank in school but did manage to work for a living. I think that the fact that Kate had university education makes her idleness even worse she had all that private education and a degree and didn't use any of it.

• Heart

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I know she shops with them for kids clothes in supermarkets and those who spotted her commented on how very hands on she was with them and I know she allows them to run wild in their garden and get dirty and isn't afraid to let them be seen, either being grubby or in staged images and I know that her staff have nothing but good things to say about her, and palace staff are notorious gossips when their bosses are grumpy and shitty.
They are not saintly and don't pretend to be, they just get on with the job they have been alotted without whining and complaining, unlike the snarkles who did nothing but complain and whine about everything from smelly churches to press articles not recognising how amazing they are and who are now harassing the LAPD with their complaints.
As for Debbie sitting on her arse all day, that's nice for her, but Kate can't get away with that on account of having to fulfill royal enagements and represent the aging Queen along with the other royals who've had to take on extra charities and engagements that the lazy good for nothinng snarkles were supposed to be doing. I'm more than happy with how the royals are doing. Well, apart from Charles funding the freeloaders in LA. The sooner he cuts those two grifters loose the better. Bloody sick of helping fund their bid for Hollywood stardom. Lazy shites.

Where have I elevated her to sainthood:ROFLMAO: .I've said she just gets on with things, being a mother and doing royal engagements in the job she signed up for. She's as saintly as any other mother doing a job and rearing three kids, as in not saintly at all, just getting on with life.
I don't just dislike snarkle, I can't abide her in any way. Same with the big baby she married. Two wastes of oxygen frauds scrounging off the family she called toxic and couldn't wait to get away from.
Thisssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sorry but not one of you can say if you were in Kate’s position you wouldn’t act the same 🙄 No need to hate on her just because she married a Prince, I’m sick of people assuming just because people are rich they’re lazy/goldigging because if any of you had the chance you’d also be living the high life with maids and nannies. Don’t hate on someone else’s circumstances just because they’re wealthy/royal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21