Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Fair play to William. Why should he continually have to maintain a dignified silence all the time. He has made a calm and measured statement. His mother is very relevant. She is dragged up in some form or other in a daily basis. Again he’s damned if does say something and damned if he doesn’t.

Reactions: 19

Lanie

VIP Member
Grief is exhausting. It’s lovely that she can smile again at things.
What else can she do? He was very old and he was also anti fuss. He probably had told her look when i die dont sit with a face like a slapped arse and enjoy your remaining years. She no spring chick, whats the point in her spending the next year + being glum. I am sure she misses him awfully and probably sheds a tear in private but she needs to keep her pecker up in public.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Maybe they should have gone down the z list celebrity route and used the first name Princess, second name Diana.

• Haha

Onetwofour

VIP Member
In regard of Harry's comment about Meghan being suicidal, what appelled me was that he presented a complex topic - suicide in a very simplsistic manner: Megan was suicidal but decided to not do it to not bring him more pain. To my point of view - when you do a program about mental health you have to be very cautious on how you present things. Here he presents his own personal view without taking into account as people said in this traid the various experiences about suicide. People who lost relatives because of suicide might think that their beloved ones didn't care enough about them to not do it. Or people battling with suicide ideations might wonder why they are not as strong as Meghan.

I think the whole problem with with this docuserie is that it is presented as mental health program but it is also used as a PR strategy and a way for Harry to air his issues with his family. I find that inappropriate and possibly dangerous.

At the end of the day - we don't know what happened between them - probably it is more complex than what he presented - but it is also difficult to perceive a hint of an abusive relationship or at least unhealthy in his comments about mental health and how they dealth with it. To be honest I wonder how they manage to live a balanced life in the flurry of PR stunts and headlines they are trown on a regular basis. When being Royals medias were accused of it but now they could have decided to be less in the spotlight. I would have also thought that after a first pregnancy where Meghan got suicidal and medias were constantly after them they would have done everything to have a much more relaxing second pregnancy.

Reactions: 18

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I think Charles has wanted a slimmed down monarchy for decades. This isn’t personal against Meghan. Harry would also have been aware of his fathers stance. Again all stirred up by the media. I think Charles will make many changes when he’s in charge. They are funded by the will of the people. No need for all the surplus royals.

sephylily

VIP Member
It's a cute name it just seems a bit off after everything that's happened.
i think it's cute for a little girl but not so much a grown woman and i just think it's wrong in the circumstances.

I will say that I think Archie and Lili is very cute together and I would've found it much cuter if they'd have gone for just that and not Lilibet. Lilibet is overboard and embarrassing.

Last edited:

vretch

VIP Member
She’s 95 years old, her husband has recently died and it’s the week of his birthday - her first without him. I think she’s allowed to be a bit snooty at a patronising remark.
Sorry but I really dont get this rude stuff. She is 95 yo who has had a bloody awful year and finally she gets to do something that she seemed to really enjoy. She was being cheeky and everyone laughed. I didnt see anyone get offended. I know quite a few 90 year olds, my dad and his friends in the nursing home. Believe me when I say you will know rude from that age group and there will be no doubt about it. I just think they have reached that milestone and dont give a flying fig anymore. Good luck to them I say. And it made me smile so much to see her smiling as its been way too long.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I saw a brief encounter Anne had recently. Some royal watchers were waiting for her with their camera phones and Anne thought they were staff and asked directions or something. They said oh no mam we're just waiting for you. She waved them off like they were daft for fan girling her. It was so funny and I really liked her attitude.
I think the Queens over it, Charles expects it, Anne thinks its ridiculous and poor old Andrew is mad because he doesn't get it.

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Those people who talk about it are looking for attention from the people around them.
I understand that this is from your point of view but maybe they were looking for ‘attention’ because they were so scared of their feelings that they needed to talk about?

I just heard on the news that William met Martin Bashir several times after the interview and even warned his mother away from having anything to with Bashir again. William at 13-15 years of age was warning his mother against a journalist, that must have been so difficult for him.

• Sad

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
So, people seriously getting all upset and saying the Queen is 'a horrible person' because she was told she could use a knife to cut a cake and she said "I know"?

I hope she was arrested. How dare she say anything. That's worse than murder. I am apoplectic with rage. I'm going to cut a bit off a cardboard box write 'The Queen is a rude and horrible person' and will chain myself to the railings at Buckingham Palace. If I see her, I will make a citizen's arrest. I'm going on Twitter now and the Daily Mail to tell everyone how evil the Queen is. 🙄

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Wasn’t the Queen supposed to be grumpy that Diana picked that ring because it was ‘off the peg’ and meant that anyone (with a few grand to spare) could have one, rather than the traditional bespoke one.
I think quite a few people didn’t like that it was pret a porter. It was nicknamed the ‘commoner’s ring’ at the time. Now it’s worth £300,000.

Talking about ugly bridal things, I don’t think anything can top Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway’s wedding bouquet. Looks like something she pulled out of the drain.
973BA515-70F1-498A-BFD0-26AEF706D2B6.jpeg
F84F6855-396A-406D-99F5-E92360B64DD0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I hope not. You don't have to be joined at the hip. I think it makes a difference that women don't marry in their early 20's much anymore and then find themselves stuck with someone they have little in common with 30 years later once the kids have left home.
Although I'm not sure what The Queen has given up for old Phil! But she definitely seems like she has had a new lease of life. It does make me think the marriage had effectively been over in all but name and they had to carry on a charade and now she's just enjoying her last years.
It can also be a case that when someone has been poorly for a long time that there is a degree of acceptance before the person passes away. If the reports are true, then the Queen and Prince Philip spent much of his final days together and so in that respect they probably said all they needed to and a lot of the grieving was done before the event, if you see what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 17