The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Married 73 years.
That void he will leave in the Queen's life is huge.
They have experienced so much together.
He served us well.

I hoped he'd make it to his 100th, RIP Sir.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
He got to die at home. That's good. I don't have any real strong feelings over it, but it's always sad when someone dies.

Reactions: 27
I wonder when he actually died. I'm surprised it hadn't come out earlier on today

Reactions: 1
This is so sad 😔 whatever people’s feelings are towards the royal family, a lady has lost her husband of 73 years with many having lost a father/grandfather/great-grandfather.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I was opening Instagram and saw Kensington Royal had shared a post from the RF page that he died.

I then switched bbc news on and waited a good 3 minutes before they announced it.

99 is a great run.

Reactions: 5
I’m genuinely sad. Regardless of your feelings for our monarchy he was beside the queen every minute of the way. I can’t see her lasting long without him.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This is so sad 😔 whatever people’s feelings are towards the royal family, a lady has lost her husband of 73 years with many having lost a father/grandfather/great-grandfather.
Yes RIP Philip. They met when she was 13 and shes now 94. That must be hard to deal with being without him after all that time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Sad but unsurprising news. I feel sympathy for The Queen, this will be like losing a limb.

Reactions: 17
I am very sad for the family. I was low key expecting a fast response their communication was hacked along with a photo of him very much alive sipping a G&T. I was convinced he would reach the 100.
I just hope he died peacefully and that his loved ones had a chance to say goodbye. I wonder if they new he was not stepping over soon and arranged for him to die at home (with a professional nurse making sure he wasn’t in pain).

Reactions: 14
A great age. It does feel like the end of an era. At the core of it, a wife has lost her husband of 73 years. Sad.

Reactions: 16
End of an era definitely, what a life he had, RIP. I wonder if that is why the Queen and Charles were at Frogmore last week, to look at arrangements.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if Harry will attend the funeral what with covid and the awkwardness after that interview with Meghan and Oprah

Reactions: 5
Such sad news that Prince Phillip has died, I had a soft spot for him, he always said it like it was and didn’t sugarcoat anything, I hope he wasn’t in pain and he passed peacefully ❤

Reactions: 15
I wonder if Harry will attend the funeral what with covid and the awkwardness after that interview with Meghan and Oprah
I must admit I wondered about that as well. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with them.

Reactions: 7
Ceebeebies was just cut off for 'major news announcement' on bbc1. Little ones fuming.
I cant believe how much the actor who played him in the crown looks like him when he was younger!

Reactions: 19
Harry might not be able to return due to restrictions, maybe they'll get round that, I hope they do. At least he got home. Living in the history books at the present aren't we.

Reactions: 12
Ceebeebies was just cut off for 'major news announcement' on bbc1. Little ones fuming.
I cant believe how much the actor who played him in the crown looks like him when he was younger!
My son is a Matt Smith Mega fan and said the opposite 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Such a sad time, especially for the Royal Family, but maybe this will help rebuild some of those very broken bridges in the family.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.