The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am on the fence here. Some people teach children cursives at a very young age (from age three I think). I can also see the Cambridge children having private tutoring for some things, just as they obviously had some training for public engagements. But I would very much doubt she came up with the text herself. She probably copied something. Or maybe they had an older child write it- but why? She could have just painted a card and put her name and maybe the dear granny Diana part on it? What purpose does it have to fake it?

Reactions: 8
I didn’t like their Interview, but on some level I do understand the urge to make a cut, tell your side of the story. Especially if you feel no one listens or things get twisted. But I don’t understand this little jabs from both sides now. That’s trash reality tv level. The more the BRF engages with them, the more we will hear from H&M. I mean, they said their piece. With the bullying article there is now a new arena for them to be the victim. The BRF could have said, the issue was taken seriously and had been dealt with. The BRF could have also issued a second statement regarding racism. Everyone holds certain biases, and on top deviating from a white default is often not as welcomed in the European countries and the USA (on a general level, there are certainly many exceptions but they are not the majority. Cannot speak confident about other countries) Acknowledging that they might have unintentionally hurt Meghan (and even apologising for it) or realising that they, like every human soul on earth have to work to notice and address those biases wouldn’t have hurt. I mean, if I unintentionally step on someone’s foot, I apologise and don’t complain that I didn’t do it on purpose. It’s the right thing to do, even if the other person starts to make a big drama out of it. I apologise, try not to step on another foot straight away and that’s it. The BRF is probably at least as racist as we all are. They are also snobs. While I don’t think that racism was the core of the problem in this whole story, you will find things if you look closely enough. If she had a chip on her shoulder about it and the BRF not shutting down racism in the media I can totally see why she found racist behaviour with them after a while. She probably questioned everything under that lens.
There is also a big difference between racism as in very publicly dehumanising others and thinking slavery was great and racism in undertones. Denying structural racism for example. And classism hurts POC as a whole a bit more. They are more dominant in lower classes. Not by nature but because history gave them a big disadvantage. When your culture, traditions, looks, heritage was something to look down on, make fun off or got treated as a curiosity for generations it’s does something to people (on both sides).
The BRF could have spun this in their way. Not addressing their private family drama but putting their stance on an important social debate.
Instead they go back to obvious PR moves that just don’t cut it anymore. It’s pretty sad.
I keep agreeing with everything you say 😄 especially the bib.
They both just seem to have gone ridiculously ott now, with the leaking and the PR cards. I thought one good thing to have come out of the interview would be both sides would have had a shock into sorting something out. I agree how hard would it be for they Royals to say that the person who made the comment was in no way racist but they have apologised for how it came across? Now it seems they are all too stubborn and dont really want to make it up, just get one over on each other. I think someone said the Royals arent a close family at all. I dont think theres much love or want to fix things amongst any of them. They all just want to look better than the others. The households seem completely separate and not close or supportive of each other at all.

Reactions: 11
Just watched this today.... Sue Blackhurst seems to subtly suggest that there was something up with these healthcare statements:

Why didn't Oprah's team help MM to avoid these discrepancies in the interview? Almost as if she wanted to set them up

Reactions: 3
The lies the ginger one and his B list actress wife have done will come back and bite them. The interview was suppose to be the only time they would speak about the matter. Yet now we've Oprah's "best friend" nothing more honest *cough* leaking stuff to the public on their behalf.

Reactions: 11
The lies the ginger one and his B list actress wife have done will come back and bite them. The interview was suppose to be the only time they would speak about the matter. Yet now we've Oprah's "best friend" nothing more honest *cough* leaking stuff to the public on their behalf.

Thoughts on Scobie's tweet?

Reactions: 9

Off topic but anyone else fed up of piers Morgan appointing himself the queen's spokesman. Lizzie can speak for herself and if she can't I doubt she wants piers to do it for her!

Reactions: 23
Off topic but anyone else fed up of piers Morgan appointing himself the queen's spokesman. Lizzie can speak for herself and if she can't I doubt she wants piers to do it for her!
Yes. If he had that much respect for the Royals he shouldn't have hacked their phones, should he?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Omid Scobie? The ex partner of the guy who runs the so ho house and Meghans close friend Marcus?
The fella couldn’t tell the truth about his age let alone anything else.

There’s always been palace sources and there is official social media for each of the palaces etc (albeit they are awful) but H & M need to use others as they have no official presence of their own.

This whole thing is getting tackier by the day. He said, she said.
It’s embarrassing for all concerned.

Reactions: 18
They both just seem to have gone ridiculously ott now, with the leaking and the PR cards. I thought one good thing to have come out of the interview would be both sides would have had a shock into sorting something out. I agree how hard would it be for they Royals to say that the person who made the comment was in no way racist but they have apologised for how it came across? Now it seems they are all too stubborn and dont really want to make it up, just get one over on each other. I think someone said the Royals arent a close family at all. I dont think theres much love or want to fix things amongst any of them. They all just want to look better than the others. The households seem completely separate and not close or supportive of each other at all.
That’s sweet of you to say. I try hard to find a balanced approach to the whole situation but I am obviously not completely beyond taking sides. But even if I don’t agree with something (or think it’s extremely questionable or tone deaf) I try to understand the reason behind it. And both parties are making mistakes or great things. At the end of the day there are often good arguments on both sides. And it’s up to us to see what convinces us.
I don’t see general maliciousness at play here, but a lot of feelings and some hard reality checks.
I try to view their actions under a- what would help them to come out of it in a good, empowered way- lend. But obviously that’s tainted but what I think would be good for them. I want the monarchy to prevail - but I am not blind to their downfalls and think they need a massive reorganisation. I want Harry and Meghan to be happy - but I seriously question the way they try to built their future and doubt their ventures have yet reached a sustainable level.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm fed up with it all round now. It was fun in the beginning, a welcome distraction from Covid, but it's embarrassing now.

Reactions: 17
Harry had the conversation and he seemed to be very upset by it 🤷‍♀️
not surprised he felt upset by it, he's thick as duck and probably didn't know how genes worked, and didn't realise his kid might potentially be black and we know how racist he is himself!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m not gonna lie I agree with everything both of you day, I think I have a Tattle crush on you both 😳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I shouldn't laugh but that palette would be right up my street if it was more warm toned.
Screenshot_20210320_210950_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
He isn't wrong, quite right actually, but I agree with everyone saying it's become a big "he said, she said" thing.
The mud slinging is off the rails.

It's also perceived as tackier when someone says it outright (Gayle K) vs "sources" (and some people pretend like that's fakery added to write a fake story, though it's not and the source is the horse himself).

What I really want to know is, what does The Queen keep in her handbag?!
Allegedly lipstick, pen, tissues, glasses, a hook for hooking her bag onto a table, mints and a fiver Sundays for church.

Thought that was more the The Queen Mum's vibe 😂
They all drench themselves in %.
Must be the secret to the longevity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.