Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Not really if they felt it was something important. Fair enough if she’s not reading the general stuff said about her but when a story was literally twisted that much, I’d wanna know!
Yes, and she also knew nothing about Harry before she met him either. I don't have a dog in this fight, I am ambivalent about the pair but her stories don't add up. She was very active online before Harry - she had her own blog! Sorry but I do not believe her version of events here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I watched the interview last night and have finally caught up here. I thought they came across well and confirmed to me how stifling the life must have been. I thought the interview production was slick too - kept me watching.
I think it was a tactless to say they took the Netflix and Spotify deals as they needed the money. £30m clearly doesn't go far. I'd like to see them get normal jobs and just settle into a regular existence. I get the first few years would be tough, but then they'd fade away in people's minds and just have regular lives.
But I don't think they want that. They want to be loved and famous, they don't want to be forgotten.
Good on them for speaking out. We don't hear enough about behind the scenes with BRF and now they have been cut off the trade off is that they get to speak their minds.
For me the production was staged and I didn’t at anytime feel like I was watching a candid interview. Oprah’s reactions weren’t authentic at all and were reminiscent of the Phoebe Buffet “this is brand new information” scene.

There were aspects of the interview that I believed but in the whole I didn’t think that they came across as being truthful in their account. THEIR truth maybe but not THE truth. I believe that they were deeply unhappy and stifled. I also believe that both did and do suffer from mental health problems. I also believe that someone had a conversation with Harry before the wedding about race. I don’t believe that he didn’t expand on the conversation to protect the individual. I don’t believe that they were the saintly individuals they tried to portray and that everyone was out to get them. I certainly don’t believe that Archie was denied a title due to race, anyone who has paid attention to PC over the decades knows of his desire to slim down the monarchy. Harry’s failure to issue a statement after the interview to correct this falsehood shows that he is wiling to perpetuate an obvious lie to bolster sympathy for him and his wife.

Reactions: 24
I concluded for myself that the interview was unnecessary.
All these topics and grievances could and should have been discussed within the family.

If Harry wants to leave then he can leave and do whatever it wants.

But to complain and whine about it on a global level - poor taste. Very poor taste.
Especially if you also want privacy.

The statement from the palace was classy and mature. They took the high road.

And to add:
I lost all respect for Harry when I saw him sitting next to the chicken, singing "Just the three of us".
And Meghan lost all appeal when she compared herself to the little mermaid, saying with a lifted finger: "But in the end she got her voice back."

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Belleboo

VIP Member
  • Haha

lalalanded

VIP Member
Hardly surprising really. But also a huge sense of entitlement that he had to dip into his vast fortune to pay for security, has he ever had to pay for anything before now? I get that he is royal and didn't choose to have a target on his back but he might have to suck it up now.
The comments about being cut off financially did make me cringe I have to admit. That sounded so entitled.

Emsie

VIP Member
The lies the ginger one and his B list actress wife have done will come back and bite them. The interview was suppose to be the only time they would speak about the matter. Yet now we've Oprah's "best friend" nothing more honest *cough* leaking stuff to the public on their behalf.

Off topic but anyone else fed up of piers Morgan appointing himself the queen's spokesman. Lizzie can speak for herself and if she can't I doubt she wants piers to do it for her!

Bostonxx

VIP Member
Phillip has died about once a week for the last 10 years. When he's dead dead we will know

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
You have to wonder who advises the RF don’t you? It’s all so predictable. Look we’re not racist, here we are meeting some ethnically diverse people.

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I really liked Kate’s coat and jumper combo today. It’s nice to see her in brighter colours and clothes that don’t make her look like she’s escaped from an Amish community.

Re Andrew: I’ve spoken about it before but my dad used to work with Prince Andrew in the Navy was said he was insufferable. Half the time he didn’t do what he was told and the other half he just did it half arsed. He also insisted on having his own private room with staff. The thing that got to my dad was he would insist on people calling him His Royal Highness, The Prince Andrew (as he was then known) instead of his naval title (which I think was sub lieutenant) and if you called him anything else he wouldn’t do anything. My dad ended up calling him ‘Yorkie’ which made Andrew see red and my dad got called in to see his superiors one day and they said that there has been a complaint from higher up about the name calling

Last edited:
  • Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The Archbishop thing confuses me: when she said it Oprah didn’t look that shocked and Harry didn’t really engage in that conversation. But I thought that to be married legally in the U.K. you need 2 witnesses and it has to be on a licensed premises - so why would to Archbishop allow that to happen or if it wasn’t legally binding why isn’t that stated? I do think they had some form of ceremony beforehand, which I don’t begrudge them, but maybe it should have been worded better? Does this mean we are going to see the Archbishop release a statement?

laurensanchez

VIP Member
When Meghan said she did not get any help when she approached "the institution", saying that she was told it would not be appropriate for her to seek treatment,
do we think that a variant of her recollection may have been, " it would not be appropriate for such treatment to be paid for out of the public purse?"
That's a very low blow of you to say about someone who was pregnant dealing with poor mental health. Therapy doesn't actually cost that much. And she may not have wanted/needed a therapist, but a little more support and assistance - i.e. killing untrue stories in the media, for example.

The more that is exposed the more we see this is really no family to admire. The same way there's probably a royal obstetrician, there needs to be a royal psychologist/psychiatrist, hell knowing what they are like, they need a bloody team of mental health experts on call 24/7!

Reactions: 22

SmeatonsStar

I do find it really odd that the children are writing cards to a grandmother they have never met and in all honesty probably have very little understanding of. If this is something they do all the time (which cynical me doubts) then it really is a personal family thing and it feels really crass to publicise it - it also goes totally against their preference to keep the children out of the public eye as much as they can.

It felt an incredible cynical move - as if they are trying to outdo Harry's grief. Far better that everyone understands that twi young boys lost their mother and it has had a devasating impact on both. It's pretty grim to start point scoring over who is most upset and a decision I suspect they will all regret in time.

Anyone else hoping both the Cambridges and Sussexes shush up for a while?!

• Heart

Snoopysnoop123

VIP Member
I don’t really have sympathy for Thomas, call me heartless but as someone with experience of a toxic and narcassist father it rang alarm bells and seemed all too familiar teritory for me this morning. Saying he’d stop talking to the media when Meghan starts talking to him... talk about emotional backmail! He slipped up during that interview as well saying the last time they spoke was over text then a few seconds later the last time they spoke he hung up?

One thing is the press are just using him for their own gain and that part is sad because he’s just selling himself down the river and hanging himself out to dry.

Snoopysnoop123

VIP Member
I feel sorry for Archie out of everyone. He’ll grow up and will read all the stuff that has been said about him true or false and that could be pretty damaging.

• Heart