The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Meghan said she did not get any help when she approached "the institution", saying that she was told it would not be appropriate for her to seek treatment,
do we think that a variant of her recollection may have been, " it would not be appropriate for such treatment to be paid for out of the public purse?"
If you want people to work for you, you need to look after their mental health. They were an asset to the royals. There was something on Radio 4 PM today where they interviewed young people from a Bristol Social Welfare project that M and H visited. They were absolutely glowing in their praise for them when they came to see them. These were poor Black kids who the Royals need to have support from if they are going to relevant in 20, 30, 50 years. As well as initiatives like Sentebale and Invictus and Grenfell Cookbook they were absolutely a breath of fresh air to the Royals and the Royals blew it by listening to courtiers and yes men, as well as putting their own dusty, anachronistic 'traditions' ahead of the welfare of their own family. They will suffer because all they are left with are the dull ones that no one takes any notice of.

Reactions: 21
Wow. It’s just come as a BBC news flash that he’s gone!! 😂

He’s been sacked before from the Daily Mirror so won’t give a tit more than likely.

Reactions: 9
Piers has left good morning Britain. Most likely been told to resign

Fantastic.
Meghan succeeds where millions of British people complaining to ITV have failed.
Well done Meghan, and thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I think this was the best statement they could give.
I find the editing of the interview extremely misleading at times. The whole title - skin tone issue sounded as if he didn’t get a title now because of it. But if you listen carefully you realise that she was shocked that there are plans that Harry’s children won’t get a title when he ascends the throne. I mean, why are they surprised? Isn’t that exactly what everyone has been calling for? Reducing the number of royals? Charlotte and Louis might loose their HHR too at one point and neither of their children will get it. But oh the Drama. I hate that many claims are made in a very misleading way or in a way that can be interpreted in so many ways.

Hopefully, H&M come up with something new but their time as royals, and Oprah stops riding on the next 20 unseen clips. She must have a field day. When was the last time she was this relevant???
Charlotte and Louis were not supposed to have titles but the queen made an expectation and gave them princess & prince. That wasn’t happening for Archie, Archie could be a prince when Charles became king but then talks started of changing that so Archie would never be a prince. Now if Archie was my child I would be highly insulted & offended by that alone.
And with him having no title he gets no protection.

Reactions: 15
Someone has been quick on the mark...2 minutes ago his Wikipedia changed.

Good riddance, old fart.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
But what about all the other great grandkids then ? Should they also get titles, Eugenie had her baby recently he wasn’t even offered a title or become a prince.

Zara and Peters children are not princesses.

Charlotte and Louis are prince and princess becuse they are siblings of a future monarch.

Archie was offered one of Harry’s tittles Earl of Dumbarton they turned it down.

Charlotte and Louis were not supposed to have titles but the queen made an expectation and gave them princess & prince. That wasn’t happening for Archie, Archie could be a prince when Charles became king but then talks started of changing that so Archie would never be a prince. Now if Archie was my child I would be highly insulted & offended by that alone.

Reactions: 10
Given some of Harry's actions and racist comments in the past, why do people find it hard to believe other family members are racist behind closed doors? I think William was there when Harry chose the nazi outfit and obviously didn't see fit to put a stop to it.

The way Harry has tossed around racist comments in the past, so casually, suggests they were part of the everyday vocabulary of his circle. I don't think he showed much awareness then of why they were so offensive. He's clearly been on a journey, but I bet a lot of his old friends and family haven't.
Harry was 20 when he wore the Nazi outfit. You honestly think a 20 year old man is not capable of making his own decisions? It's absurd to say William should have 'put a stop to it'. Should William have put a stop to Harry's disgusting racial slurs, whilst Harry was in the army, his drug taking and his strip poker? William is not his Dad and Harry was not 4 and demanding ice cream.

Reactions: 11
Yes I thought that was the case, but I thought Id misheard as I hadnt seen it mentioned anywhere else. They changed the convention because only the grandchildren of a monarch are Prince/ Princess so the Cambridge kids wouldn't have had those titles so it was changed for them. So why then did they want to change it back for Archie, who was born a year or so after Louis? So he wouldn't get protection until Charles was King? I'd be insulted too. And yes, when you look at the Meghan and Harry thread, with their Archie Doll and moonbump conspiracy theories, he'd bloody need security!

Reactions: 14
If you want people to work for you, you need to look after their mental health. They were an asset to the royals. There was something on Radio 4 PM today where they interviewed young people from a Bristol Social Welfare project that M and H visited. They were absolutely glowing in their praise for them when they came to see them. These were poor Black kids who the Royals need to have support from if they are going to relevant in 20, 30, 50 years. As well as initiatives like Sentebale and Invictus and Grenfell Cookbook they were absolutely a breath of fresh air to the Royals and the Royals blew it by listening to courtiers and yes men, as well as putting their own dusty, anachronistic 'traditions' ahead of the welfare of their own family. They will suffer because all they are left with are the dull ones that no one takes any notice of.

If my employment package did not include private health insurance, dental etc etc and I needed some treatment, I would pay for it myself.

I think there has been a whole load of misunderstandings regarding Meghan and her becoming a Royal and what she can do/have.
She clearly thought it was ok to stand where she wanted to in the balcony line-ups etc.
She clearly thought it was ok to wear the controversial earrings.
She clearly thought her children would be Prince/Princess now rather than when Charles becomes King.

I think it entirely possible that she thought someone would arrange and pay for some therapy for her but was told her royal package doesnt cover that.

TBH I dont see why they couldnt, but that misunderstanding could be what that comment was all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
But what about all the other great grandkids then ? Should they also get titles, Eugenie had her baby recently he wasn’t even offered a title or become a prince.

Charlotte and Louis are prince and princess becuse they are siblings of a future monarch.

Archie was offered one of Harry’s tittles Earl of Dumbarton they turned it down.
Archie was never offered any title which is why they were so offended because he wasn’t getting any protection. That was made very clear.
Archies is the only other grandchild & nephew of the future kings.

Reactions: 6
Yes I thought that was the case, but I thought Id misheard as I hadnt seen it mentioned anywhere else. They changed the convention because only the grandchildren of a monarch are Prince/ Princess so the Cambridge kids wouldn't have had those titles so it was changed for them. So why then did they want to change it back for Archie, who was born a year or so after Louis? So he wouldn't get protection until Charles was King? I'd be insulted too. And yes, when you look at the Meghan and Harry thread, with their Archie Doll and moonbump conspiracy theories, he'd bloody need security!
Yes completely and that alone would make me walk. The hate Megan has got I’m sure she scared for safety & her sons.
Imagine your grandad is king and your only cousins are princesses & princes and your just Archie 😳 oh no I’d be livid.

Reactions: 10

Zara and Peters children will not be grandchildren of a monarch. Archie will be. He is in exactly the same position as George, Louis and Charlotte. Thats why all the Kents and the rest are Prince x of Kent. Not because they are siblings of a Monarch, but because they are grandchildren of a Monarch. It stinks whichever way you look at it. I thought they had turned down the titles but if it turns out that Archie was not going to be a Prince and not have a security detail because of it that is disgraceful. And he wouldnt have been Earl of Dumbarton until harry had died.

Reactions: 7

.....,and the fact that Harry had spent his whole life knowing where he was in the pecking order, knew how the titles worked, knew he walked 2 paces behind.............

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.