Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
Yasmin Alibai Brown was talking and brought up the whole @People were worried that Diana would marry Dodi and the King would have brown half siblings' arguments and 'she was killed because she may have had a Muslim baby' business. The Royals have always been accused of racism. Its nothing new. Its hardly beyond the realms of possibility that people brought up in a household based on hereditary superiority in a family based on them being more important who are cosseted and protected from real life than anyone else could possibly have concerns about having a brown member of the family.
I can imagine this being true for those in the direct line of succession, but not for those further down like Harry's kids. And not when at most they'd be one quarter black.

igiveup

VIP Member
ha ha that would be great but I think the statement will be sincer and show sympathy to them both but also throwing some shade at them too.

Did BP release anything after Diana’s interview ?

Anyone else hoping that the Queen drops an all-guns-blazing statement today? I'd really love her to come out and just say 'oh fuck them all, I'm done with this shit'

Kate got a fair amount of grief as William's girlfriend, she also had to put up with a fair amount during their engagement about her being a 'commoner', her mum being an air hostess and apparently all the palace slurs against Carole Middleton (doors-to-manual), her drug-addled uncle...
Anyone else hoping that the Queen drops an all-guns-blazing statement today? I'd really love her to come out and just say 'oh fuck them all, I'm done with this shit'

Kate got a fair amount of grief as William's girlfriend, she also had to put up with a fair amount during their engagement about her being a 'commoner', her mum being an air hostess and apparently all the palace slurs against Carole Middleton (doors-to-manual), her drug-addled uncle...

peradetlic

VIP Member
Just edit of my previous statement:

Racism and chauvinism is much bigger problem, but I don't see any normal person to think slavery was great. But I really don't like all that historical revisionism that going around now. It is OK for me not to celebrate persons directly included in slavery trade, but to remove some statues or "cancel" person's contributions to big historical moments or improvement to way of life, if they were actively anti slavery and their family didn't, no.

@peradetlic I completely agree in terms of the private relationships between Meghan and Harry’s family. I am sure they welcomed her and tried their very best with good intentions. But both things can be true. That’s why I don’t think they should comment on Meghan any further. She has one upped them because she was out her spin on it our first. No battle to be won there. But they could fight the general racism claim in a way that shows they are very much aware how society is discussing it and what points are made. By removing Meghan from the equation they could claim the narrative back here.
Sadly, the PR stunts made (cards, vigil, headmistress without coat) were pretty brutal. PR completely spelled out in BIG CAPTIONS. Not elegant, no playing the long game. It looks desperate and gives the whole thing a more urgent and dangerous feeling that it has to have.
I completely agree. But I also think that they took three way contra attack: TQ - she is the most important in pecking order, she will remain silent and out of contact with them. Charles will try to mend (I don't know if it will work after the latest stunt), and W&K will try to match huge outcry for RF to answer charges. There is really huge demand for RF to do something from younger generations, so I think that W&K are trying to speak their language. Of course, they couldn't go to Oprah or Jerry Springer to went their frustration.

Last edited:

Stan

Chatty Member
Harry has a new job. On one hand, I'm like thank god! He'll stop begging for money off British taxpayers that he isn't doing any work for and I'll never have to hear him complain about only having £10 million left. On the other hand, it's so annoying to see undeserving people take jobs that they aren't qualified for because of their names. It happens everywhere and it's thoroughly annoying for people who don't have family connections. I'm not sure I'd take much heed in his words about mental health considering he couldn't even help his own wife with hers. There are people who are much more involved and educated on mental health than him.
What is his new job?

lalalanded

VIP Member
I didn't say it had relevance but all I've heard today is people react about the accusation of racism and not the racism itself. I did say it was general not specific to you. We all want to distance ourselves from it. It's OK to say Britain has an issue with racism.
That poster (whose posts have been removed) straight out called me a racist.