Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Hopefully this interview starts the beginning of the end of this disgusting institution. Sooner we have a referendum to rid ourselves of the royal family and have a second elected political chamber the better.

Reactions: 29

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
It’s funny that whenever you go on Twitter to look who is slagging off Meghan and accusing her of ‘using the race card’ its always men aged 40 plus with bald heads, who are overweight and red faced. Usually pro Brexit ‘patriots’. God forbid you should ever call them ‘gammon’ though.

• Haha

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
I am not a fan of Harry and Meghan and I confess that I don't believe everything they say. However, I was on Twitter until 3 am last night telling people that no-one ever has the right to challenge the truth of someone's mental health in this way. Some people may lie (and I am saying this in general), but it is still absolutely unacceptable to a) disbelieve people and b) to use mental illness as a weapon and use it to beat people with.

In 2021 it is unforgivable for people to be abused over mental illness. Every time it seems as though progress has been made, something happens to drag us backwards. Mental illness is the ultimate in its non discriminatory attitude. It does its best to destroy people regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, power and wealth. Anyone saying people who are rich are in some way not allowed to say they are struggling are bigots.

Piers Morgan is a disgusting excuse for an individual. To my horror I have found myself agreeing with him on occasion, but certainly not this. I hope that this can be the catalyst for a review of British media, be they newspapers, magazines, tv presenters or columnists. Mocking Meghan for claiming to suffer from mental health issues is indefensible. The way certain aspects of the press abuse and stalk people is appalling. That they incite hate towards people is frankly criminal. None of these things are 'in the public interest'. A major change needs to take place and standards created and enforced. Racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia etc are not in the public interest. Banning the publication of views like this is not an attack on freedom of speech. It's a mark in the sand for the whole world to see and know that the British have standards of behaviour that must be adhered to and that anyone crossing that line will be punished, however big and powerful they may be.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I just noticed that the Sussexes were quite evasive -
Didn't name the person that made the remark about their kids skin, and also didn't say what it was that Kate did to make Meghan cry. Didn't say exactly what Meghan asked for to help her mental health. Didn't name the person at Sentabale that warned Harry about the media. Didn't say what the outing of Kate and Meghan together at Wimbledon was meant to be ("it is not what it looked like" - but what was it???).

this is terrible. They just made a lot of smoke and gained lots of attention, but didn't provide many answers.
The actress acted her way through it but I’m not sure the lines had been rehearsed well enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

thegirlscout

VIP Member
After watching this and having some very loose connections which have enabled me to see the Royals in person...what did they really expect? Deference has slowly been dying out but they have never updated their modus operandi and moved with the times. The Queen sticks her head in the sand and hopes for it to blow over and the ‘men in grey suits’ just keep repeating the same mistakes. Thank goodness these two, no matter how much they annoy me, have brought the massive issue that is ‘The Institution’ to the forefront of people’s minds because we need a serious conversation about this Royal Family and if they are needed.

• Heart

vikka

VIP Member
The thing about titles has been explained well so far.

To add: Why be mad Archie might not be made prince?
1. Everyone knows the title adds pressure and a bad treatment through press (eg if Bea and Eug weren't "princesses" they wouldn't get half the crap through media and Zara has said many times it's easier without titles)
2. It's well established that the monarchy is about to be slimmed down. The process has been on-going in fact and will only continue to an even slimmer form in the future. A cousin having a title is utterly against this and completely useless
3. Archie will never work for the firm. He is being raised as private citizen with the expectation to forge his own career, like eg the Wessex kids. Therefore, he's never had and never been in line for palace security, which means no taxpyers money to go towards him.
4. A title does not mean taxpayer funded security. Bea & Eug have had their taken (as a result of the slim down)

The Camb kids have only style and titles due to new letters patent and imo that was a mistake.
They should've remained George/Char/Louis Cambridge and the "HRH prince/ss" should be further restricted to heirs only, i.e. on Chuck's ascension only G should've become "HRH prince G [of Cambridge/later possibly Wales]".

I bleat on about this, but a good model for all this are other Euro royals, who employ exactly this type of limit.
Spares are in some cases either completely without title & style or a slimmed down version, and the Swedes recently slimmed down and struck off the "HRH" from non-main lines and in other houses spares are "HH" and only the heir's "HRH".

The Ssexes being pissed off about Archie not having and never receiving titles is pure entitlement and stupidity.

The tourism trope is false. They don't bring in any tourist money.
Versailles alone brings in more money than the Windsors.
The tourist dosh would flow if they were abolished and the palaces subsequently fully opened, as has happened in other ex-monarchies/now republics.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
What staggers me is the hypocrisy of this. Harry and Meghan don't think his family did enough to support/protect them Archie. So, their answer is to put the equivalent of a nuclear bomb into the entire family, (Harry and Archie's blood relatives) including his very elderly grandparents, one of whom is in a very frail condition, his Dad, his brother, Kate (whom he had previously described as being like a sister to him), their small children aged 7,5 and too and his extended family. This includes his cousins, with whom William and Harry were playing when they spoke to Diana for the final time.

William, Harry, Zara, Eugenie, Beatrice etc have always been very close. Eugenie's first child is 1 month old today. She and Beatrice have already had to cope with the controversy surrounding Fergie and their Dad being accused of being a paedophile. Harry and Meghan have thrown yet another bomb into their lives. It's just unspeakably cruel.

One member of the Royal Family has been accused of being racist by Harry, whilst Meghan seems to indicate it was more than one person. Regardless, the entire family haven't been racist, the entire family haven't 'let them down' and the entire family does not deserve this. Likewise the entire country is not racist, every newspaper is not racist and every individual person, sorry, every single white person, does not deserve to be labelled as racist and abused on mass and even threatened.

Harry has caused untold damage to millions of people, throughout the UK and Commonwealth. The people of the UK have spent nigh on forty years paying for his extravagant lifestyle, including over £40 million for him and Meghan's wedding. We and his family have given him multiple second chances including his Nazi outfit, being naked in Las Vegas and his disgusting racial slurs which are too offensive for me to include in this comment. He is the most selfish, self entitled, spoilt and childish human being I have ever come across. He wailed that at the age of 35 and with millions in the bank (including Meghan's money which her supporters claim is millions because of her successful Hollywood career 🙄), it was sooo unfair for his Dad to tell him that he needs to pay his own way.

This interview was solely for the aim of presenting themselves as victims, because that is Harry's happy place. Racism is disgusting, but this interview was so wrong. No matter what a member of my family did, I would rather kill myself than destroy all my family. Still, Harry will be chuffed, because he has awarded himself a gold star for victimhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Vanillaco

VIP Member
After watching this and having some very loose connections which have enabled me to see the Royals in person...what did they really expect? Deference has slowly been dying out but they have never updated their modus operandi and moved with the times. The Queen sticks her head in the sand and hopes for it to blow over and the ‘men in grey suits’ just keep repeating the same mistakes. Thank goodness these two, no matter how much they annoy me, have brought the massive issue that is ‘The Institution’ to the forefront of people’s minds because we need a serious conversation about this Royal Family and if they are needed.
Meghan is the third member of The Queens immediate family to have either attempted or contemplated suicide that we know of. Three generations of women have been utterly broken by it, and nothing seems to have been done since Princess Margaret and people just say ' well that's just what the Royal Family is like' and the Roysls themselves do nothing.

• Sad
  • Heart

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I don't think the title thing was racist either, but I do think that they didnt explain that to Meghan and Harry at all well, because they are a business, and in the business of their survival over and above their family. They are cold and distant with each other and stuck in the past. I think the fact that people are surprised that the Royal family have racist or imperialist views as surprising in itself. It has come out of their mouths many times
I can fully appreciate that it might have been difficult for Meghan to understand. Where Harry’s concerned I just don’t believe it. He would have been aware that his kids wouldn’t have titles. I think with Harry it was more that he didn’t like the idea that his kids wouldn’t have titles rather than didn’t know. To allow that assumption that it was a decision taken due to race to go unchecked shows that he has an agenda.

I’m not pro royal in any shape of form. I’m a staunch republican. I’ve no doubt that it is a cold and distant upbringing. I spent 6 years in the ‘care system’ after my mother was killed so don’t have a huge amount of sympathy for a prince who may or may not have gotten to ride on a seat on his daddy’s bicycle. Many people have to make the best of bad situations. My problem is with what was said in the interview being taken as fact. There are too many inconsistencies in their accounts and little fibs that are easily verifiable to doubt that they are being truthful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It's strange how H and M are now communicating through the media, exactly what they didn't like Thomas Markle doing.

Harry will never mend the relationship with his brother if he always runs to Oprah or Gayle with every word that has been said.

Reactions: 26

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
If there was genuine concern over the colour of the baby, they wouldn't have let him marry her.

I think Meghan had a very American view of life as a Princess, as in I believe she expected unlimited wealth and a hugely materialistic lifestyle. When she realised they have don't actually have money to spend as they please, she either wrongly thought it was due to her race, or decided that if she were to leave, she would blame it on her race.

We've heard one side of the story, given by the side who have been spited, who have an axe to grind and who know the other side will be restrained by what they can respond with. This doesn't paint an honest picture and I don't understand how anyone can take their words at face value.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
The thing is we do have an issue in this country. It's uncomfortable to have to think about it and it means some tough conversations but it is a privilege to be able to say its not my problem. I like to think I'm someone who isnt discriminative and would hate to be thought of as racist etc but I do accept we have a racism issue in this country and the best thing we can do is get discussions going about it. I don't mean this specifically at you but definately in general.
I’m not saying there isn’t an issue in this country, you’d have to be naive to think there isn’t, conversations and education most definitely need to be had, but I am so sick and tired of this narrative that all brits are now racists when it comes to Meghan and Harry. So this one time I’m going to stand up for myself and say I’m not, I don’t appreciate being called one generally or directly, and will always have the conversations that are needed with my children, as we do in our home. But as a tax payer I will say that I’m glad I don’t pay towards Harry and his family protection anymore. I appreciate that HRH stood her ground and let them know it’s not a part time role, you're either in or not, she never got the chance to do a bit of what she fancied she had to dedicate her whole life to it, they both knew what it was about before they entered into it as a couple whatever they may say now in their hypocritical “private” life and pay cheques aplenty.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
It’s funny that whenever you go on Twitter to look who is slagging off Meghan and accusing her of ‘using the race card’ its always men aged 40 plus with bald heads, who are overweight and red faced. Usually pro Brexit ‘patriots’. God forbid you should ever call them ‘gammon’ though.
It's also the bitches with "be kind" profile pictures too, that post "it's OK not to be OK", "I'm here if you need to talk". Fuck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Snoopysnoop123

VIP Member
Her dad is on GMB tomorrow with Piers...
Piers conveniently has forgotten about his “poor ill Prince Philip” and how unfair the interview is on him yet as soon as he gets to be the first one to interview Meghan’s father he doesn’t care about Philip anymore 😂

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Oh no, Buckingham Palace has engaged a law firm to look into the alleged bullying and MM wants to see the evidence - both according to the Daily Fail
I think it’s best that they get an outside firm to take over this - neither The Royals or Meghan and Harry will be impartial so trying to make it as unbiased as possible is a good move.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Oprah was quite leading and a certain narrative was to be made.
Just the question on when they started dating and it became public and O jumped "because of her race", I mean honestly I had to roll my eyes, like, hold your horses a bit there. The best was H's quick dismissal of that notion and said because of who he is.
We've seen this with every woman he's dated publicly.

No one's saying there aren't problems (race, nationalism), but not every issue revolved around that, either.

It too simplifies the issue of race and nationalism as well as the problem that is the institution and diminishes all these topics and issues if you reduce it all to just "race".

Meg saying no one's had it as hard as her.... Has she seen how the paps went after Kate on her bday for instance? After Chelsy?
(and further back what they were like towards Diana, Camilla)
The press wasn't simply "rude" to the other woman (women), but "racist" towards her. That's quite a bold statement. Kate's "worst" experience or name calling wasn't just "Waity Katie", that was the more harmless one.

The Compton headline wasn't great, but it was "almost" out of Compton, which isn't too off and it payed more on the at the time popular film plus the article was all a "rags to riches" type of spin. Whenever race is brought up this headline is mentioned, but it isn't accurately discussed either and everyone takes offence at the "Compton" bit forgetting the film etc.
I find it harmful that we are celebrating women putting up and shutting up when faced with the misogyny they get from the press. Surely we should be cheering Meghan for not putting up with it and recognising something is toxic. I know what I'd rather my two girls saw being celebrated.

• Heart
Reactions: 24