Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Justcyrious

VIP Member
Agree it’s quite puzzling. If it was a personal issue with the family then he probably wouldn’t have been scheduled to attend in the first place. If he was unwell (even with something minor) it could have been made public. Maybe one of the kids is having a hard time?

Reactions: 2

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
The designer who the late Queen presented the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design has created a collection inspired by Royalty. What do you all think? Personally I think there are some gorgeous pieces!
Some beautiful dresses there. Old and new. I like!

• Heart

bottletop

The late Queen never said she was to be called Queen Consort Camilla, she said that Camilla would be Queen Consort rather than Princess Consort.
Charles hasn't changed anything hence me pulling it up when you said he had.

People that get obsessed over the consort part, usually don't understand what consort means and think it's a way of showing someone is a lesser version of Queen when that's not the case at all.
Anyone more well-versed in royalty than I am know why Camilla got the Queen title while Philip was stuck with Prince all his life? Both were married to a monarch.

monga

VIP Member
I doubt it will be until June - the "first official duty to be confirmed" is just that - I'm sure other appointments will appear prior to that. It's probably hard to confirm until we get nearer to Easter etc.
They reported last week that there was no set time from when she would be back !

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Some of these are absolutely stunning! Elegant and beautiful, would love to seem them on some red carpets!

Some of these however, show there is a very fine line between high fashion and toilet doily.
I’m a fan of all things chintzy and doilies so this is right up my street haha! I do hope we get to see some on the red carpet. Who knows maybe Kate will wear a design when she returns to work.

Lady Gabriella Windsor’s husband has died, if I’m right she’s the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent. So that could possibly explain Wills’ absence yesterday? Maybe they were close? Either way, pretty shocking and sad. Bad times if you’re a Royal just now.

roo689

VIP Member
You can find cancer early but if it’s the “bad”kind or any kind with stage 4 prognosis won’t be good

veevee04

VIP Member
Possibly with the initial prostate operation but the additional cancer diagnosis came out the blue and really there was
Possibly with the initial prostate operation but the additional cancer diagnosis came out the blue and really there was no getting around that. The treatment is long, gruelling and obvious and with fewer working reserves to call on, a missing new king would be blndingly obvious. There’s no one to hide behind anymore.
I don't think she's dying or anything like that but I think yes it's serious. If it is she's had gastric issues the press would love to get a picture of her being tube fed or with a stoma bag. She will need time physically and emotionally to process whatever the surgery is. The press are pretty vile to women in RF Kate has her appearance scrutinised 24/7.

Lammington

VIP Member
Sorry to revert back to the names.
If Charles were to die before G C & L are grown. George would be POW so what would C&L be called?
One thing to keep in mind is that POW is not a title that transfers on death - Charles gained the title 6 years after he became heir to the throne. So George may not immediately become Prince of Wales, but remain Prince George (formerly of Cambridge, formerly of Wales).

Taking QEII's children as an example, they would likely simply drop the "of Wales" and simply be Prince/Princess ___, and use Mountbatten-Windsor for passports or similar until they are granted titles upon marriage and become Prince Louis, Duke of Shropshire or the like. Charlotte will likely eventually be named Princess Royal unless they do some legal changes to make her eligible for a title in her own right.

Multi-21

VIP Member
So are William and Kate living permanently in Adelaide Cottage? Is it supposed to be a nicer place than Frogmore Cottage? Also, who lives in Frogmore cottage now?
Yes they live in AC now. Not sure in comparison to FC.
Eugenie and Jack were meant to have moved in there but spend a lot of time in Portugal now for his job. There was talk of Andrew moving in there which came to nothing so presumably it is mainly unoccupied

lanathebest

Chatty Member
So I heard Charles decided to go the natural route. That’s so sad idk. I think we’ll be talking months before…

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
They were there in the photos. I suppose it’s been two days since he was found, it didn’t happen today when you would absolutely expect them to withdraw.

They’ve gone with the no suspicious circumstances & no one else involved line they like to use to prompt speculation when someone is found unexpectedly
Thanks, I've just seen the photo's. It didn't register with me that it happened Sunday and today is Tuesday.