Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JabberHockey

Queen Camilla to lead memorial for Charles' cousin King Constantine

Prince William has pulled out for “personal reasons”
This has just made the mid-morning current affairs show here in Dublin (Claire Byrne clearly as hooked on BRF news as I am).

Come on: William can't have done this lightly, given the scrutiny he's under.

Reactions: 22

Honeystar

VIP Member
Jesus Christ this is getting ridiculous now, well it has been for a while. The current theory on X is that Kate and Thomas were having an affair and William has killed them both. A man is dead, parents are grieving their son, don’t these people have anything better to do?!

KP have got a lot wrong but I kind of don’t blame them for being curt in that statement, it was directed to the press who are fanning the flames as opposed to a statement to the public which I imagine would be a lot softer.

The only reason they said his absence was nothing to do with the death was because they were announced on the same day and people were already making the connection

I tend to find that the deranged fans who claim Megan is the anti christ or faked her pregnancies aren’t even fans of Kate or the royals at all, they just hate Meghan and use the royals as a good cover/it’s the obvious side for them to take.

Reactions: 21

Heidi88

VIP Member
I genuinely do know someone who works at the London Clinic who said that there was a very strict warning to people not to talk and anyone who did so was threatened with immediate reporting to the GMC. From what was said, a surgical procedure [operation] was involved which was complex and another surgeon had to be called in to help. I shan't say what specialities these surgeons were, out of respect for her privacy. But there's nothing to indicate that the RF were not telling the truth.
---
So this person who you know who works in the London Clinic was told not to talk or else they may be reported to the GMC but this person still told you that it was a complex procedure and another surgeon had to be called. And then you reveal this info on tattle. This person is obviously not very professional to reveal any info even if it is not very detailed.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Those shouting ‘where is Kate’ and ‘tell us what’s wrong’ are probably the same hysterical people who were howling at Diana’s funeral. William is probably mindful at the memory of grieving, yet those who didn’t know her couldn’t keep their emotions in check. He clearly wants to protect his family.
Two members of my family are going through big illnesses atm and it’s stressful and a worrying time. I don’t know how I’d deal with everything plus all the scrutiny and public interest. Some of the speculation and conspiracy theories are off the charts. Some funny but most bonkers.

Brightstar72

VIP Member
I don’t think Camilla would be doing so much and looking quite happy if he was terminal.
I’m not sure, I think that they’re a different breed to us and used to giving the old stiff upper lip, particularly of Camilla’s generation and class

kingseven

VIP Member
William's behavior has been like this forEVER.

He doesn't want to do something - he won't. He'll make up whatever excuse he wishes. Man was his godfather, regardless, and he must have known it looked bad he didn't deign to go to the funeral. He's done this sort of thing before plenty of times.

It was never even mentioned he was going until now he suddenly pulled out. Previously all focus was on Camilla being there and talk of William not going anyway.

Why is Andrew front and center here? Him being there - sure the Greeks are family - but why is he leading them all in, by appearances? Is it because with Charles not there he can do what he wants?
He is looking for any chink in the armour to get back in. His father’s death he tried to get his Tony Blair moment with his ‘Grandfather of the Nation’ soundbite. He put himself front and centre when the family came out to view floral tributes at Balmoral and C&C had already left.

I’m convinced he still thinks there is a way back for him.

• Sick

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I initially supported the idea of the slimmed down monarchy, but it's obviously gone to shit now. Charles said that only he and his children & grandchildren would be on the balcony from now on. But 50% of his children emigrated. It only took for Kate becoming ill for William to be indisposed much of the time, so now the whole generation of the family that is working age is virtually absent. Anne is a hard worker, God bless her, but she can't hold up the entire royal events diary and she's getting old.

Andrew is immensely unpopular and Edward is stepping back. There have been rumours about him looking ill for a few years now. KC obviously has cancer, and it's natural that would take a toll on Camilla. All in all, Anne is the only working royal left unscathed. The older generation are really too old to have assumed they could do it all themselves, and of the middle generation, there are only Wills and Kate, so if something goes wrong for one of them, it's a massive burden on the other. And of course the younger generation are all children.

Having fewer working royals has really backfired.

jkroche95

VIP Member
No that I necessarily believe the 'Harry willing to come back' story, but surely even the RF know this wouldn't wash with the majority of people?

Charles is rapidly using up any goodwill the nation had I reckon. We tolerated the divorce and Camilla being gradually integrated (I quite like her actually). We tolerated, some even celebrated when he and Camilla married. We weren't sure, but it was the Queen's wish that Camilla would be Oueen Consort, but Charles made her Queen and we put up with that too.

If he values the future of the institution he would do well to consider things from others viewpoints. Harry gets booed every time he returns, I can't see him being welcome at the opening of a fish and chip shop on a wet Wednesday in Skegness!
Queen consort is just one type of Queen. But she is known as Queen (first name) just like all other Queen Consorts have been known. Queen Mary, Queen Alexandra..
Originally Camilla was going to be Princess Consort. So when QE let her wishes be known, she was wishing for Camilla to be QC over PC.

QE was well aware that Camilla would be known as Queen Camilla. Not one consort has been known as Queen Consort first name.

What IF there is some truth to the rumours it's terminal. Let's say for example Kate had a hysterectomy and was due to have it later this year. Then during the prostate treatment they found the cancer and could see it was bad. It would make sense that Kate's surgery was immediately brought forward to ensure she is up to full health if god forbid the King passes or is too sick to carry out any duties and passes it all to William.

Would make sense given the sudden clearance of Kate's and Will's diary. It could have been due months from now but given the King's diagnosis brought immediately forward hence the suddenness of it all.

Honeystar

VIP Member
I think the statement was very diplomatic and I’m glad he issued it, it’s also good that he’s doing visits that align with both sides - this week was the Red Cross and the struggle to get aid to Gaza, next week I believe he’s doing something around the rise of anti-semitism, I’d say what he is doing is all he can really do before he risks overstepping the non political line and causing more issues than solving them

Lammington

VIP Member
Correct me if I’m wrong (I usually am) but isn’t backgrid a company who people call to take their pictures? Tell them where they will be?
No. Backgrid are not a paparazzi agency themselves - they are a photo hosting agency. They are used by paparazzi to host and sell their images to news agencies, magazines, etc.

While Backgrid is used by some paparazzi who are called by the celebrity or their team to get apparently candid photos, these are not the sole users of Backgrid.

Reactions: 20

TennisTina

News blackout on Kate or simply no news? Had op, went home, no update? It's very possible/likely that she's at home recovering while being very well looked after. She will then emerge and be lauded for looking 'stunning' full of smiles.

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
A few weeks ago the headlines were Harry and Meg jet off to the Bob Marley premier after Charles cancer diagnosis! Well his wife’s buggering off abroad and it’s being said it’s because she deserves a break after doing 13 engagements since Christmas. The hypocrisy is rife. Apparently, Camilla has a holiday at this time, every year. She returns to work just before International Women’s Day. She hasn’t got any engagements because this holiday is a yearly event for her.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Must be a horrible double whammy for William. Both his father and wife hospitalised with serious (in Charles case, and maybe Kate's too) health issues. That in itself is stressful. I was constantly worried about my father when he was diagnosed with cancer. To have two people you care about with health issues is awful. Has there been any news about Kate's condition?

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Maybe he has to give his dad a lift to the hospital as his taxi didn't turn up last minute....or something

• Haha
  • Angry

50sGirl

VIP Member
I think it’s because they only became Prince/Princess at the coronation (ascension?)
Before that they were master and miss weren’t they and untitled
Funny but they said they didn’t want Archie to have a title when he was born but they soon grabbed it once Charles became King…🤔

Anyway, enough about them, is there any news about the real royals? 😜

• Haha

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
I dont think it's Kate in that photo. Not saying anything about conspiracies, it just doesn't look like her and the hair looks like a wig. If it is her she looks very ill, bloated and in that particular photo quite sad.
Of course it’s Kate 🙄. Unless you think her mum agreed to drive round with a random lookalike because… why?
It looks exactly like her. Yes she looks tired and a bit puffy faced… so did I when I was recovering from surgery.