The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And Harry smiled as he boarded the plan, we have a crisis. William was laughing and joking at an event last night but that is fine!
Actually, William was drunk as apparently he’s a raging alcoholic!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Charles was actually about 4 when his mother became Queen and so he actually became eligible to become the Prince of Wales although he was 21 when his official investiture took place so he was very young when he first took the Duchy on. William, on the other hand was about 39 when he became the Prince of Wales, therby inheriting the Duchy, so had a lot more time than his father to get experience, I think.
But not hands on. I suppose that he had some economy lessons. When Charls got the Duchy it wasn't developed as it is now. He built it over 50 yrs, branching in different directions.
---
But then if you were being primed from birth to take over, it wouldn’t come as a surprise would it? Surely you would have taken an interest and could step up pretty seemlessly. it was only the longevity of his grandmother that meant he didn’t have to take over 10 or even 20 years earlier. Getting to 40 and having your birthright come as a shock isn’t a good look.
As far as I understand the Firm, you work as much as you're given. Till Covid, Charles and William weren't close, I think that I read somewhere that they barely speak. William was closer with the late Queen. Also, Chuck doesn't seem as a person who like to share. He also had a big load of duties so there is a question of timing.

Last edited:
And Harry smiled as he boarded the plan, we have a crisis. William was laughing and joking at an event last night but that is fine!
I giggled at my dad's deathbed because his Catholic sisters land in to his ICU unit with a candle. They could have blown up the place, (A nun came in running after the candle). Total witch I am.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Royal commentator Robert Jobson, writing in today’s Mail, claimed Harry had caused ‘some disquiet’ by ‘taking it upon himself to fly over unbidden and at such short notice’, forcing the King to delay his departure to Sandringham.

He also said the King was ‘unhappy’ at being presented with a ‘fait accompli’ by his ‘emotional but well-meaning son’.

He said Charles - who was ‘tired’ after receiving his first treatment on Monday for his unspecified cancer - and the Queen were left ‘kicking their heels’ at Clarence House waiting for Harry to arrive.
He's damned if he does or doesn't with these lot. Oh what a ballache it must have been for Charles and Camilla to have to wait in their palace amongst the dozens of servants.

Reactions: 10
He's damned if he does or doesn't with these lot. Oh what a ballache it must have been for Charles and Camilla to have to wait in their palace amongst the dozens of servants.
Or, just helicopter down to Norfolk and tell Harry to come there.
I’m sorry, but I cannot see how, the protocol and structure ridden entity that is the Royal Family any one could do anything on spec.

(I think it was planned, and I think it was so swift (although reports say that Charles told immediate family the previous week, so it wasn’t immediate and they probably had to wait for the actual official announcement else it would have been even more knicker wetting for the Daily Mail) to halt all the ‘Is Harry going to come’, ‘He’s Not been yet’, ‘Look, he’s in Canada now’ speculation … just that this fits the perceived narrative better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Or, just helicopter down to Norfolk and tell Harry to come there.
I’m sorry, but I cannot see how, the protocol and structure ridden entity that is the Royal Family any one could do anything on spec.
Exactly. Why were they waiting around. He could have come to Sandringham

Reactions: 1
Ah, I did not know that there is a separate Meghan thread, I am pretty new to this site. Thanks for informing me..
It isn’t the wrong thread. This thread is for all things related to the Royal Family.
Some people take exception to posts about H&M but strangely not to posts about W&K.
They all come under the same subject imho so you can’t choose to discuss one but not the other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes I reckon it was probably the Queens and Anne looks like she has a cottage loaf perched on top of her head, its been like that for about 40 years. I don't like it but she must be happy with it to have kept it the same for so long.
Duchess of Kent had the same and she lopped it off years ago
images (1).jpeg

I'll be really sad when this beautiful soul goes. She must be getting on for 90 now 🤔
I enjoyed watching her wedding on You Tube.
ERZLB0lXsAEWDzA.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ah, I did not know that there is a separate Meghan thread, I am pretty new to this site. Thanks for informing me..
To be fair we’ve always discussed Harry and Meghan on this one too as their thread can be a little wild, especially if you don’t think they are the devil spawn :)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 2743991
I'll be really sad when this beautiful soul goes. She must be getting on for 90 now 🤔
I enjoyed watching her wedding on You Tube.View attachment 2744017
She will be 91 in a couple of weeks, I think.

The fact that within certain parts of the RF she was called ‘Mad Kate’ after mental health issues following a baby lost through her contracting rubella and then a stillbirth just 2 years later is just awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
View attachment 2743991
I enjoyed watching her wedding on You Tube.View attachment 2744017
She seems very kind hearted and empathetic, saw a programme about her helping out in a shelter for homeless people once and she was really hands on, it wasn't a gesture she was doing it on a weekly basis. The homeless people all called her Katherine and she was great with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She seems very kind hearted and empathetic, saw a programme about her helping out in a shelter for homeless people once and she was really hands on, it wasn't a gesture she was doing it on a weekly basis. The homeless people all called her Katherine and she was great with them.
I saw something about her having worked as a music teacher in Hull for over a decade with the Queen's blessing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
As a tennis fan I used to love seeing her at Wimbledon and seeing her console Jana Novotna when she lost in the final always tugs at my heart strings 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.