The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would be very surprised to see Louise becoming a working royal. Even a garden party seems like a stretch. The Wessex children will turn up at important at important family events but I really can’t see them taking on any official role at anything.
Beatrice and Eugenie took on the odd representative job while HMTQ was still alive. I doubt the same dynamic will be seen with Charles. Also, they do their own charity work outside of royal engagements so they will still do some “public engagements”. Just not for the crown. I am not sure we will see Louise or James being as public with whatever charity cause they pick. If they even feel the obligation to do so. Zara doesn’t iirc. Louise is into carriage stuff and James is like a blank page.
In the end, if you want a slimmed down monarchy this means you get less public engagements/less chance to meet a royal. Maybe that means the end of garden parties or annuals like the Royal Varietee. The British public has been asking for a skimmed down monarchy for decades and that’s what they get. Many countries manage with as little as 4-5 royals. So there is really no need to have anyone step up. If anything, the older generation should finally retire and the high numbers will fade out with Anne and Charles aging.

Reactions: 8
I would be very surprised to see Louise becoming a working royal. Even a garden party seems like a stretch. The Wessex children will turn up at important at important family events but I really can’t see them taking on any official role at anything.
Beatrice and Eugenie took on the odd representative job while HMTQ was still alive. I doubt the same dynamic will be seen with Charles. Also, they do their own charity work outside of royal engagements so they will still do some “public engagements”. Just not for the crown. I am not sure we will see Louise or James being as public with whatever charity cause they pick. If they even feel the obligation to do so. Zara doesn’t iirc. Louise is into carriage stuff and James is like a blank page.
In the end, if you want a slimmed down monarchy this means you get less public engagements/less chance to meet a royal. Maybe that means the end of garden parties or annuals like the Royal Varietee. The British public has been asking for a skimmed down monarchy for decades and that’s what they get. Many countries manage with as little as 4-5 royals. So there is really no need to have anyone step up. If anything, the older generation should finally retire and the high numbers will fade out with Anne and Charles aging.
I agree with this. It’s going to be smaller and I suspect more focused around things like the Early Years Project where there are lots of round tables etc rather than royal visits. Whether the British public will appreciate that and want it to be the case is a separate matter. There have already been some muttering about how little
Kate and William do and although they reference the children with Kate, it’s risky because so many parents would like to be able to have all school holidays with their children and pick them up from school every day. It risks an “us and them” narrative.

I think if Louise, James, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie have any sense at all they won’t push for royal roles. Louise and James have a chance to carve out their own roles and lives which is much healthier for them. I think Sophie was wise to say they could both have option of royal titles when they got to 18 so it doesn’t look to them like their parents have taken them away but I don’t think either will ever use them.

Zara has already got her own profile. It’s a bit different for Yorks who might well have had a profile even thirty years ago but they have their own lives too. I also think they are too tainted by their father. If they had official roles, they would be a constant reminder of him and no one wants that.

Reactions: 9
Their video is like 'look at us taking advantage of tragedies to pose and smile and hug people when we probably use our charity to launder money through'

Reactions: 7
This is getting ridiculous now ... releasing a video (yet again) immediately after the POW. William and Catherine live rent free in their heads.

I imagine it was released to divert attention from this:

This is getting ridiculous now ... releasing a video (yet again) immediately after the POW. William and Catherine live rent free in their heads.

Typical narcissist response. So predictable.
A video of hugging?
Is it also to detract from Harry having to pay the Daily Mail almost £50k in court costs?
No doubt their Christmas card will be circulating soon too.

Reactions: 7
This shite is almost farcical at this point. As was William posing with his homeless pal three years in a row. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: 5
Maybe taking government/ poor dead people's money which could be funnelled into projects like this?

Makes me cringe when I see them do "were just like you!" stuff like this!
The money taken is given to projects like this. They don't keep it. They're also not doing 'we're just like you' stuff. They are raising awareness of the charities.

I think it's amazing when they do stuff like this. The publicity it generates for the charities is incredible. When William surprised the lady walking for charity for mental health issues the other day, all you could see in the timeline was where can I donate?

I thought it was lovely to see the kids there being helpful and it was a perfect way for them to help. One of the volunteers was saying 'your job is to pick toys that you would like to play with.

William and Catherine also make personal donations to these charities too. Catherine doesn't walk into the baby bank with a load of stuff but donations are sent and she has arranged for companies to give huge donations to baby banks across the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I mean IMO everyone is a winner with this. The kids bring more attention and headlines to the charity, they look good, plus it helps to satisfy the press and the public getting glimpses of the kids and preventing intrusion in their lives…the video itself is actually informative rather than a “look at us aren’t we great” vibe

Reactions: 30
Jeez, damned if they do, damned if they don’t. 🙄
I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for one day.

Reactions: 33
Jeez, damned if they do, damned if they don’t. 🙄
I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for one day.
People behave like if we didn't have a monarchy, the money saved would make everything else in the country ok. Obviously if we get rid of the monarchy then the NHS would run perfectly, homelessness would disappear and energy bills would be pennies. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The money taken is given to projects like this. They don't keep it. They're also not doing 'we're just like you' stuff. They are raising awareness of the charities.

I think it's amazing when they do stuff like this. The publicity it generates for the charities is incredible. When William surprised the lady walking for charity for mental health issues the other day, all you could see in the timeline was where can I donate?

I thought it was lovely to see the kids there being helpful and it was a perfect way for them to help. One of the volunteers was saying 'your job is to pick toys that you would like to play with.

William and Catherine also make personal donations to these charities too. Catherine doesn't walk into the baby bank with a load of stuff but donations are sent and she has arranged for companies to give huge donations to baby banks across the country.
TTB thank you. There is so much misinformation out there on how those things actually work. Same with the sovereign grant. Not saying they don’t profit one way or the other but it’s not like as if Wiliam buys himself a new car with the unclaimed inheritance of someone. If anything the UK should be happy with those set ups. It might sound cynical but as long as the Crown holds the seabeds they are not sold on to the Chinese or Russians or similar. And the Crown can’t just make that decision to do so. China and other countries have been buying into European infrastructure BIG time. Privatising is not always a good decision in hindsight. Disclaimer: I am specifically referencing China ad they are the biggest foreign investor in formerly national managed infrastructure my country. It might be different in the UK.
The BRF are no saintly humanists who save the world out of the good of their heart. But they also aren’t the worst thing to deal with.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
'They don't do enough' they go to help a charity 'they should be ashamed of themselves'. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
TTB thank you. There is so much misinformation out there on how those things actually work. Same with the sovereign grant. Not saying they don’t profit one way or the other but it’s not like as if Wiliam buys himself a new car with the unclaimed inheritance of someone. If anything the UK should be happy with those set ups. It might sound cynical but as long as the Crown holds the seabeds they are not sold on to the Chinese or Russians or similar. And the Crown can’t just make that decision to do so. China and other countries have been buying into European infrastructure BIG time. Privatising is not always a good decision in hindsight. Disclaimer: I am specifically referencing China ad they are the biggest foreign investor in formerly national managed infrastructure my country. It might be different in the UK.
The BRF are no saintly humanists who save the world out of the good of their heart. But they also aren’t the worst thing to deal with.
I saw something about the last territory to get independence from British rule. Think it was Barbados but could be wrong. They were celebrating their freedom but China was already moving in and buying up things. I remember asking at the time what's the point of China buying up loads of other countries assets?, and someone turned round and said "Cos one day China will turn round and say we own you, then they will be regretting their actions taking the money they were showered with, as they are still not free, and would you rather have Britain or China ruling you?"

Maybe taking government/ poor dead people's money which could be funnelled into projects like this?

Makes me cringe when I see them do "were just like you!" stuff like this!
I agree….i think they should stay in their palaces counting all their gold and laughing at the peasants. I mean, the audacity of knowing you live an extremely privileged life but choosing to raise awareness for some amazing charities who support those who don’t….its disgusting 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.