The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it written in stone she can’t get a title?
Pretty much. The optics of the royals giving out a new title to an older member of their family would look really bad. Also I don’t think she legally can as the titles are passed down from the father - Zara’s Dad is a commoner - and Anne rejected their offer from the Queen. I don’t believe Charles would be able to give his niece a title randomly.
---
Zara’s just gone part time on her equestrian career to spend more time with the kids, I wonder if that means more adverts - she definitely couldn’t do those as a working member of the royal family
I think the Land Rover advert she did many years ago was well done.
IMG_4403.jpeg

Reactions: 13
Pretty much. The optics of the royals giving out a new title to an older member of their family would look really bad. Also I don’t think she legally can as the titles are passed down from the father - Zara’s Dad is a commoner - and Anne rejected their offer from the Queen. I don’t believe Charles would be able to give his niece a title randomly.
Won’t they have to do something about engagements though- In 10 years time all those who do the lions share of the engagements will be quite elderly- then what will they do? Just curious to see how they will spread it all around

Reactions: 1
Won’t they have to do something about engagements though- In 10 years time all those who do the lions share of the engagements will be quite elderly- then what will they do? Just curious to see how they will spread it all around
I think the current direction of travel is that they will simply do less engagements. All indications are that the focus will be on Charles and William’s family only.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think they’re as close to the York sisters as they are the Tindalls and Phillips, you only have to look at how all the kids interact with each other at events to see they clearly spend a lot of time together, but there are a few sweet moments between Charlotte and Beatrice that have been caught on camera that suggest there is definitely some level of relationship there

I always presumed B&E struggled with the fact that they were the “blood” princesses but along came this “commoner” who was prettier and more popular and got all the attention etc, it wouldn’t have helped that their parents spoilt them so much and gave them an over inflated opinion of their status etc

I think for Beatrice at least, age and having a stable family life and husband herself has dealt with that, the jury is still out on Eugenie for me
Prince Andrew is also exceptionally arrogant. The sense of entitlement from their dad will surely have rubbed off on them a little.

like, why on earth did Beatrice need to have a televised wedding? It wasn’t for the general public’s benefit. It’s so Andy’s ego and that of his daughters could be placated. Neither of them have ever officially “worked” for the monarchy as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: 7
Eugenies wedding was ridiculous, you absolutely know it was Andrew who demanded it all the Queen agreed with her favourite son. No way would Charles allow it if she got married now. I love that Beatrice still got married in the pandemic and did it the way they did, in the Queens dress no less, I think when you compare the two weddings you see the real difference between them, even pre pandemic Beatrice wasn’t having a televised wedding, it was going to be at St James Palace chapel and then BP. I mean not exactly low key but still.

I can’t stand Jack either, something about him doesnt sit right with me

Reactions: 16
Possibly duty but - if it were me- not on the payroll - I wouldn’t give a fiddlers fart about the inlaws carol service 🤣 maybe they are better people than me- but thinking ahead- who will be king and queen in a few years and the royals doing engagements are advancing in years… they may be needed in time- I would like to see Zara promoted.
I don’t think you understand the position that royal family are in though.

sure, most of us wouldn’t give a crap about the in-laws and their projects/events. We’d maybe not bother to attend and shrug it off. Or we’d go to keep the peace.

but it’s not like that within the royal family.

1. they’ve been brought up and conditioned to venerate the monarchy and the monarch. Not the individual, but the office itself. They’ve been conditioned to want to stay as close to it as possible. It’s the source of their individual identity, their wealth and their status. If they decide not to bother to turn up to these events, they risk becoming irrelevant, or forgotten. They risk being pulled away furthur from the monarch. That’s something theyve been conditioned to see as unacceptable.

2. putting on a united front isn’t just for appearances sake. It’s a matter of security, safety and protection for them as a family.

in the past 100 years, monarchies that existed for centuries were ended. Sometimes violently. They’ve been made redundant, they’ve been banished. The royal family are walking on very thin ice. They can’t afford to not be the ideal, because that’s the only real way they are relevant now, amidst a torrent of reasons they are no longer viable.

Reactions: 6
A friend of mine has a daughter who knows Lady Louise from school. Apparently she is going to be a working royal after St Andrews. I think this is an excellent idea. Not sure how the York princesses see it…
She would be a lovely addition to the working royals
---
I don’t think you understand the position that royal family are in though.

sure, most of us wouldn’t give a crap about the in-laws and their projects/events. We’d maybe not bother to attend and shrug it off. Or we’d go to keep the peace.

but it’s not like that within the royal family.

1. they’ve been brought up and conditioned to venerate the monarchy and the monarch. Not the individual, but the office itself. They’ve been conditioned to want to stay as close to it as possible. It’s the source of their individual identity, their wealth and their status. If they decide not to bother to turn up to these events, they risk becoming irrelevant, or forgotten. They risk being pulled away furthur from the monarch. That’s something theyve been conditioned to see as unacceptable.

2. putting on a united front isn’t just for appearances sake. It’s a matter of security, safety and protection for them as a family.

in the past 100 years, monarchies that existed for centuries were ended. Sometimes violently. They’ve been made redundant, they’ve been banished. The royal family are walking on very thin ice. They can’t afford to not be the ideal, because that’s the only real way they are relevant now, amidst a torrent of reasons they are no longer viable.
I understand completely but I think some of them are trying to stay relevant / maintain or show their royal connection - and are entitled to do so.

Last edited:
But I thought the Daily Mail hadn’t ever posted a negative story about a Royal wife or girlfriend before Meghan. I thought it all started with here. Did you use AI to generate these? (/sarcasm)
People have short memories. ;)

Catherine got a lot of flack back in the day. I've always liked her and I like their family unit. She's proved to be an absolute asset to TRF.

Reactions: 19
People have short memories. ;)

Catherine got a lot of flack back in the day. I've always liked her and I like their family unit. She's proved to be an absolute asset to TRF.
If Wills married Jane from the cornershop the same twaddle would have appeared about her- Her pushy mother made her work there so she’d snare Wills🤣 She once made someone cry coz all the woman’s owns were sold out😂….. I like kate too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t think they can keep hiding behind the excuse of raising their children when all three are now in school from probably 8:30 to 4pm. Also, have we actually seen anything major news wise from either of their big projects? Considering this is how they are wanting to work and move away from traditional engagements and tree planting etc, I would have expected to have heard more
You must have missed the whole Earth Shot Awards ceremony that was only a few weeks ago in Singapore. It was a massive production.

Reactions: 4
A friend of mine has a daughter who knows Lady Louise from school. Apparently she is going to be a working royal after St Andrews. I think this is an excellent idea. Not sure how the York princesses see it…
what’s the point though? She seems like a nice, relatively quiet girl. What will she really add? Why do we need them to add more “working members” to the ranks?

surely she’d be better at following some sort of career path? She’s studying English at one of the best universities in the world. so, presumbably could be interested in education, or writing, or journalism.

she’s never used HRH titles at the decision of her parents, who have previously acknowledged it’s unlikely she’ll ever be a working royal and who have apparently encouraged her to find work.

I think the only passage of travel for the Royals is becoming less.
I’ve always thought that Beatrice and Eugenie should have been raised more like Peter and Zara. It’s not too long ago that we were paying for their bodyguards and security.
there will be a slimming down of patronages moving forwards.
there’s so much that can and should be done.

Reactions: 7
Prince Andrew is also exceptionally arrogant. The sense of entitlement from their dad will surely have rubbed off on them a little.

like, why on earth did Beatrice need to have a televised wedding? It wasn’t for the general public’s benefit. It’s so Andy’s ego and that of his daughters could be placated. Neither of them have ever officially “worked” for the monarchy as far as I’m aware.
Beatrice has done at least one garden party as a working royal. I don't see any reason why there can't be a couple of part-timers in the RF.

There was a Princess Royal who had her children given royal titles. Princess Louise was the eldest daughter of Edward VII and married the Earl of Fife who was upped to a Duke by Queen Victoria two days after the marriage. Her only son was stillborn but they had two daughters so Victoria recreated the dukedom allowing female inheritance. Edward made her Princess Royal in 1905 and at the same time gave her daughters the title of Highness, Princess and precedence in the RF after those who were Royal Highness, rather than the title and precedence of the daughters of a duke. It's the only time in the BRF that daughters of a princess have had a royal title though, for example, all grandchildren of the Swedish monarch are prince/princess regardless of parent although only the main line are HRH, the others being HH.

I always presumed B&E struggled with the fact that they were the “blood” princesses but along came this “commoner” who was prettier and more popular and got all the attention etc, it wouldn’t have helped that their parents spoilt them so much and gave them an over inflated opinion of their status etc

I think for Beatrice at least, age and having a stable family life and husband herself has dealt with that, the jury is still out on Eugenie for me
Were they expecting William to stay single forever? Or were they expecting to marry William? Whomever William married was always going to be a big deal, and let's be real -- nobody gave a duck about the York girls even before William found Kate. They have always been plain, boring and frowsy, and no one was ever going to give them attention, so it's not like when Kate came along they suddenly lost something they had.

Reactions: 10
what’s the point though? She seems like a nice, relatively quiet girl. What will she really add? Why do we need them to add more “working members” to the ranks?

surely she’d be better at following some sort of career path? She’s studying English at one of the best universities in the world. so, presumbably could be interested in education, or writing, or journalism.

she’s never used HRH titles at the decision of her parents, who have previously acknowledged it’s unlikely she’ll ever be a working royal and who have apparently encouraged her to find work.
She was very close to Philip and the Queen so maybe she will be interested in being a working royal? Sophie said this.

Attachments

I think it's pretty obvious Louise and James are being raised to get jobs and live normal lives. They seem to not have any interest in being Prince and Princess of Edinburgh. Louise seems like a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders.

Reactions: 3
I’m all for a slimmed down monarchy but I do think there are times when you need a few more numbers, the garden parties for example when you need a few more royals to do the rounds to make sure as many people as possible get spoken to. I think there’s value in having Beatrice and Eugenie on hand for events like that, but not to start taking on everyday duties and engagements

Reactions: 5
I think royalty as a profession will be increasingly rare. I suspect what we'll see for most of the younger generation of royals is showing up at the appropriate royal events, but with a separate private day job.

Hopefully that will also lessen selling either access to or stories about the monarch/senior royals as a means of making money.

eh Beatrice didn't have a televised wedding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.