The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s weird though isn’t it? As someone whose whole career is mapped out for him, it doesn’t really matter if he passes the exams or not (I accept there are good reasons why it would be best if he did). It must be so strange to have no choice over what the rest of your life must look like.
It doesn't matter but he still needs to do it - he will have a place either way, but can you imagine the reaction if he didn't bother sitting it along with all the other pupils?

Reactions: 1
It doesn't matter but he still needs to do it - he will have a place either way, but can you imagine the reaction if he didn't bother sitting it along with all the other pupils?
I can and like I said I can see there are good reasons why. But thinking about it made me realise how utterly bizarre his life is.

Reactions: 3
His legacy will live on here at Tattle.
I suppose he must have decided his career could never climb higher than the peak of spending hours on BBC news wondering aloud if the Queen had had a fall, perhaps a cold or maybe even a stroke on repeat

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I suppose he must have decided his career could never climb higher than the peak of spending hours on BBC news wondering aloud if the Queen had had a fall, perhaps a cold or maybe even a stroke on repeat
And who was on the plane. Definitely William. Definitely Harry. Maybe Meghan. No, not Meghan. Actually not Harry either … oh hang on …

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Saw someone had posted this - totally forgot about this pledge. Wonder what he is actually doing to help achieve this goal?
IMG_2891.jpeg

Goodness, he's got a lot of 'lifelong' commitments, between earthshot, homelessness and now this. He's already in his 40s – how long does he think he's going live to get all this sorted??

Reactions: 13
That is...odd.

I was actually wondering this morning if any of the royals will say/do anything about the current situation...W&K especially have been very active in their support of Ukraine (and rightly so) but there is a precedent there now...

I won't pretend to have any understanding of what's going on but that coupled with the fact Kate has actually done quite a bit with the Jewish community (from a Holocaust perspective tbf) I wonder if they will say anything or get away with it if they don't

Reactions: 2
I thought that tackling homelessness was his lifelong project?
Goodness, he's got a lot of 'lifelong' commitments, between earthshot, homelessness and now this. He's already in his 40s – how long does he think he's going live to get all this sorted??

Reactions: 2
Wiliam has definitely created a big problem with his over the top PR. This constant use of superlatives and making big promises was going to hit him sooner or later. Kate has created a similar problem with her Early Years. I think a lot of the backlash stems from disappointment that her „biggest endeavour yet“ or „most impactful action“ and the frankly more than underwhelming results if you are measured against your own promises.
If only those two had had the foresight to pick ONE big project each and stick with it. No matter if it’s trendy or not. That’s what people love about Charles and Anne. That’s what makes their actions feel genuine and helps to show results after 20+ years.
I wonder if he or someone in his team even remember this? And if it will be brought up? I hope it will. If only to teach them the lesson to stop paying lip service.

Reactions: 6
Given the impact of Sykes-Picot on the current conflict of the Middle East, the royals would be sensible to keep quiet.

They lack the funds or power to impact on the situation now, and can at best lean social pressure on those with real power to intervene. Making grandiose but vague statements in a geopolitical mess England helped inflame is not a sensible option.

Reactions: 13
Obviously, Saint William thanks to Saint Mummy will save the world! He's Not-Harry, so he is perfect!

Kind of sad being in your 40s and having nothing to say for it.

I doubt he will say anything on his Twitter account signed 'W' because a) politics and b) he probably doesn't care. Being vociferously pro-Ukraine isn't really wading into any sticky political mud baths.

It's the same language from them since their marriage - hit the ground running, so keen on X, Y, or Z, will work so hard, so impactful - when in reality nothing ever changes.

Reactions: 6
Obviously, Saint William thanks to Saint Mummy will save the world! He's Not-Harry, so he is perfect!

Kind of sad being in your 40s and having nothing to say for it.

I doubt he will say anything on his Twitter account signed 'W' because a) politics and b) he probably doesn't care. Being vociferously pro-Ukraine isn't really wading into any sticky political mud baths.

It's the same language from them since their marriage - hit the ground running, so keen on X, Y, or Z, will work so hard, so impactful - when in reality nothing ever changes.
This does seems to sum him up rather well. They do need to demonstrate that they are doing something or achieving something. But maybe people felt the same about the Prince’s Trust when it started? It must have taken a while to get momentum.

The Princes Trust started in the mid-70’s, I think, and by the early 1980’s was having big concerts with appearances by the big names of the day.

The Princes Trust started in the mid-70’s, I think, and by the early 1980’s was having big concerts with appearances by the big names of the day.
So sounds like it was having a reasonable impact within ten years. I think that it would be fair to say that neither of the schemes endorsed by William or Kate (Earthshot and Early Years) have had that level of impact. By comparison, Harry’s games have taken off and seem to be a real success and do what they were intended to.

Reactions: 4
So sounds like it was having a reasonable impact within ten years. I think that it would be fair to say that neither of the schemes endorsed by William or Kate (Earthshot and Early Years) have had that level of impact. By comparison, Harry’s games have taken off and seem to be a real success and do what they were intended to.
It was definitely well established by 10 years … there was a 10th anniversary concert about 1985/6ish that had all the usual,suspects … Tina Turner, Phil Collins, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, George Michael, Rod Stewart and the famous and Many More. there was a live LP and video afterwards as well

I don’t necessarily think you can compare what William has done up to now against Charles, William was second in line and third in the overall pecking order and to some extent had limitations on what he could and couldn’t do, compared with Charles who was the heir and held the purse strings…I will however compare what he achieves over the coming years now he has the Duchy at his own disposal and isn’t reliant on his father for handouts etc

I don’t necessarily think you can compare what William has done up to now against Charles, William was second in line and third in the overall pecking order and to some extent had limitations on what he could and couldn’t do, compared with Charles who was the heir and held the purse strings…I will however compare what he achieves over the coming years now he has the Duchy at his own disposal and isn’t reliant on his father for handouts etc
Charles set up the Princes Trust using his leaving payment from the Royal Navy, not from the Duchy.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.