Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
I cannot believe people on here are actually tryibgvto excuse what Andrew did, which I fully believe otherwise the news night interview wouldn't have been such a car crash and he'd be cooperating with the FBI.

While the Queen is ceremonial role, she is still a very rich woman with powerful connections so of course she's going to protect her Son, even though she shouldn't. I know they hired a PR crisis team to try and deflect attention from him and god know s what lawyers have been hired to keep everyone at bay.
What did he do? I mean proven stuff, convictions, stuff you actually saw him do.

Reactions: 3

grace28

Chatty Member
He’s spent 4 days after the procedure at the NHS one in case of problems or issues, it makes more sense for him to be comfortable and have his own doctors near him as he recovers. I’d imagine even the post surgery rehab is a lot easier walking around the King Edward then a NHS ward.

I get the sense he is probably in a better place then he was two weeks ago but at his age all bets are off sadly.

Stan

Chatty Member
I wonder if William will decide to have a row with the press for some reason to help retain the respect of some of the Harry and Meghan anti media brigade

BP have had a copy of the Oprah interview in advance to determine a response.. and it’s thought M confirms that there was a rift with Catherine

• Haha
  • Wow

igiveup

VIP Member
I didn’t see GMB but saw a clip and even Susana changed her tune too.

I think when Harry married her he wanted her to get eveything she wanted and he threw tantrums if Meghan was refused things.

The whole tiara thing for the wedding Harry was pissed of because Meghan couldn’t wear a tiara she wanted and said what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

I can’t remember if she got it in the end to wear the tiara of her choice.

I missed Piers was it good? Haven't read the allegations yet either 😕
I believe Meghan is capable of it, didn't her and Harry go through a lot of staff. She's a disruptor.

Reactions: 2

elttat

Oh if PP dies or The Queen or even his father , Harry won’t come back at all.

The family will be frosty but Meghan won’t let him incase he gets sucked back in and he ends up realising he misses them.

I bet he did want to come back to support his grandmother, but I reckon MM wouldn’t let him because she can’t be alone and it will continue to be about her.
Ridiculous. I think Harry will go back for the funerals but Meghan (and Archie) won’t step foot in the country again.

She has her pregnancy on side as a reason for not coming back in the next 3-6 months should anything happen then.

Does anyone have an awful feeling that BBC Scotland accidentally ran the obit because he is dead? :(
Wouldn’t be surprised if there was an embargo on his death until Monday.
I think the firm is aware that they can’t stop the interview going live but will try to control the narrative by overshadowing any “bombshells” with PP’s death.

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
Hold on. I just saw a clip on the news where Meghen said '...concerns and conversations over how dark his skin might be". Obviously can't tell the context yet but the news stuff I read said was allud
I think its the context in which skin colour was discussed that is the issue. From what I gather the sussexes have alleged it was discussed around titles and security but I may have picked it up wrong.
That's how I read it in the media but when I saw the clip at lunchtime it actually sounded like two seperate things.

vikka

VIP Member
FYI this was from December 2020, make of it what you will - why Kate was crying.

I just thought I’d post it and you can make of it what you will😊.

l
Yeah but even that recounts the false tiara story.

The palace bended over backwards accommodating her, showing her the jewels she could pick from and what she picked she was allowed to wear, she got pretty much everything she wanted (this is also reported as such in Times/Telegraph), the dress, carriage ride, the budget (allegedly they demanded the same budget as Will/Kate had, adjusted to inflation), even the privilege of spending Xmas with them as fiancee.

The title thing, I can half believe that. I can believe that she expected more, but it's a simple fact that Harry's child/ren were never entitled to any titles under the current circumstances (ie Liz being queen).
Once Charles ascendes the throne, then they become automatically "HRH prince/ss" unless new letters patent are issued.
And then they might choose to not use these styles and titles (if no new letters patent are issued, though they should be, for the simple reasons that they are in need of a strict slimming down and the Ssex kid/s will never work for the firm), even though they bear them, like the Wessexes did.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.
Not the only one.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I went and checked:
Sofia has certainly never had access to the nice tiaras. She has worn five tiaras in total till date.
Her wedding tiara - she debuted the all pearl BEFORE and turquoise options AFTER the christening mentioned above (01.December2017). I certainly loved her turquoise option with the dress. Bold, unusual, extremely elegant with an edgy, modern touch.
The cut steel bandeau- in 2016 and March 2017 BEFORE the christening. It’s a horrible piece, I wonder why she used it at all. And even twice.
Queen Josephine’s Amethyst tiara- in February 2017. BEFORE. Hard to pull off and I don’t think the young generation has succeeded so far.
The Four Button Tiara- 2016 also hard to pull off. Those buttons always look a bit strange.
The six Button Tiara - May 2017.

So, either she has no access anymore or she decided non of the pieces she has access to look as good as her own (which is true since she decided to wear it differently). We should also factor in, that in recent years there weren’t as many tiara opportunities, so maybe the wish to change it up might had not been as strong. We also have nothing to compare. There hasn’t been an outsider bride into this level for a very long time. So, who knows what the family policy actually is. We also might not get much more chances to see her in tiaras a lot, with the changes recently made. She also might feel her various options for her own tiara are enough. I certainly think if you get a tiara as a wedding present you sure as hell should wear the hell out of it, instead of going for other options a lot. I mean, look the the birthday tiaras of Victoria and Madeleine. They look horrible and I am not surprised we never see them. Still, what a way to treat such a present. At least dismantle and reuse it.

igiveup

VIP Member
Well I’m putting it down to Charles or Phil, I remembered the hospital visit Charlie did during lockdown and he came out eyes watery, so something went down there and it was couple days after interview was announced.
Philip has form, I was surprised that the crowns (work of fiction) interpretation of him didn't get more (bad) press but the British public tend to brush it aside as a case of foot in mouth. Charles has done a lot for other cultures and faiths, though people do say his charities benefit from those actions. Its hard to know what to believe anymore. It's a very serious issue though and it probably should be spoken about outside of magazine shows.
I don’t think William will speak to him again after his wife through Kate under the bus, that brother bond is broken.

It isn’t for Meghan to name who made the comment, as it was made to Harry, who revealed the comment and then failed to provide any context whatsoever. I don’t dispute their experience and right to be upset about it. However, Harry has talked about wanting to repair his relationship with his father and brother - who has ultimately sent under the bus. I don’t think there’s any coming back from that. And I also think that acknowledging that the royals are prevented from making comments - which they didn’t like - but then proceeding to make a lot of allegations again people and speak for other people (H saying that C & W are trapped) when you know they don’t have the right to reply isn’t very fair. A lot of this should have been dealt with privately.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
They all attended the wedding and I doubt they would say a bad word about her as most arent A lidt actors and are probably mindful of their own careers.

I do find it odd that she seems to have no childhood friends. Jessica Mulroney seemed to be the closest friend and its not like they went back decades. She is married to like a billionaires son or something so she serves a purpose.
Her father in law was the Prime Minister of Canada.

I don't think the culture war over them will heal - it's not likely anyone bullied by her at the Palace will appear on tv speaking about it as I doubt the Queen would ever allow that so it will all be restricted to the written evidence. And the press will forever write about them as it must be profitable for them.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
The Queens commonwealth speech tomorrow, who’s gonna be watching ? Do people think Britons are gonna stand with the queen or are they gonna boycott and not watch it at all ?
It wont get that many because it's randomly on at 5pm when Commonwealth day is not usually mentioned in the press.

igiveup

VIP Member
wow so I posted a comment on a post about Meghan and Harry on Facebook and a Meghan supporter is causing an argument with me.
I said I’m allowed an opinion as is she so I’m speaking my opinion, people like that actually piss me off.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member