Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chita

VIP Member
The Documentary/interview creators will stick to their intended broadcast date.
The Duke of Edinburgh situation all adds to the publicity and will make more people interested.
They would not stall the show out of respect.
Id be very surprised if they did.

Reactions: 12

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
A lot of TV commentary is talking about how “damning” the allegations of racism are from H&M, saying that it’s unfair to say about the dark skinned comment when the family can’t respond. It seems that there’s more outrage that H&M have actually spoken up than what they’re speaking about. The outrage isn’t that someone made this absolutely awful and hideous comment, it’s that it would ruin the reputation of whoever said it, which is somehow... worse than the comment itself?
People always get more bothered by the fact they get called racist then they do about the fact they said something racist.

• Heart

Northerntea

I can see your point. But there’s a theme with the type of programmes he’s going on and who’s interviewing. James Corden, Oprah, will it be Ellen next and the whole audience get a copy of Megs first book ‘ Living with the Royals - My Story’ . It’s all very reality show. I don’t know the answer but I really don’t think people are as interested in them as they like to think.
Does anyone remember the reality show 'who'll marry harry' (or something like that) I remember thinking how can these women believe this, Harry would never go on a reality TV show to marry and American 🤔😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
What about the fact they got married in secret and got married spent £32 million on another wedding paid by the British public when they were married already.

I’m sure people would have been just as happy for them getting married in secret, if they said to the public we got married in secret I’d have been thrilled.

And also they wanted to continued to be funded when they left during a pandemic and wanted tax payers to pay for security in another country especially during a pandemic when countries were suffering financially.

Canada said they wouldn’t pay for their security either, Harry had an inheritance he could have paid for this and like he said Charles gave them money to help set up their new lives - wasn’t that good enough?

They wanted to be financially independent and pay for things out of their own money this would include security no ?

Those two things annoyed me.

I really do believe we need to know who spoke about Archies skintone being dark ! The palace needs to be sort that because it’s not acceptable I’d it’s one of our future kings they need to be taken off the line of succession.
I think it's very niave to think that the public would have been happy with a private wedding. They lost their shit over the christening.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member

Here we go. Philip is 99, he’s had a long and privileged life. As awful as it is that he’s probably nearing the end of it, no one can last forever. I bet he’s receiving much better care than most 90 somethings do when admitted to hospital.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I feel that all that H&M are saying in their interview, they couldn’t possibly have thought the palace was going to sit back and say nothing. This could roll on and on. Almost tit for tat. Meghan seems to think she can get the upper hand not realizing she’s dealing with The Queen and I think that’s been her problem all along. She wanted to be the top dog. Why on earth H isn’t putting a stop to it... it will be interesting to hear what he has to say in the interview as he knows it will have an enormous effect on his grandparents and father.

What are peoples thoughts on what Diana would have thought about it ? I have seen people say she would be so proud and happy that this is happening and her and Meghan will be sat side by side doing the interview.
I think this would depend on how Diana would feel now and where she would be in her own life.
At the time of her separation and divorce: she would have enjoyed this.
If she would now be at peace with her past and settled in a new relationship herself and be a happy grandmother: she would not have liked the scandal to reflect badly on William and his family and she would have worried about Harry and Archie.

My thoughts

annapolly

No other media have reported it when all tabloids reported something similar two weeks ago so who knows. Would Barts even allow adult separate household grandkids into say goodbye anyway - it might be the Queen and four kids are the only ones allowed in.
I doubt Barts would allow anyone to visit him unless it’s in the same household so that would just mean The Queen unfortunately. As they are NHS they can’t be seen to give preferential treatment, so Harry would only be able to say goodbye on Zoom on something similar, sadly (if this is the case).

Why wasn’t this done at the time though?
Why’s an investigation only coming out now if the complaint was made while H&M before they stepped back?

I don’t care for H&M but I do find it pretty disturbing that everyday in the run up to the “expose” something new’s coning out from palace sources...
This is what I don’t get, it’s looking super petty this has suddenly come out as an investigation and it’s ‘exposing’ just Meghan, not Harry (from what I’ve read) which is just adding to her Me vs the Media, the Royals, the U.K.
Also, since Piers has sooooo much energy to write about Meghan every day (it seems), why doesn’t he use it to write about Andrew? Put pressure on him? I’ve read he still has his military appointments, even though he’s ‘stepped down’ from being a working Royal. Which makes it seem that the Palace will condone befriending a pedophile and (allegedly) have sex with a trafficked woman, but not leaving to do commercial business...ok hun 🤔

NOID-phal

VIP Member
I get that he hasn’t been found guilty (mainly because mummy is protecting him) but it seems a bit unfair that being friends with a pedophile, defending the friendship with said pedophile and bringing the royal family into such disrepute is just being swept up under the carpet by the firm.
He'll never agree to be interviewed by the fbi, he's too stupid to keep up the lies. Once the Queen has died, I wonder if Charles will do anything, William is the one who insisted to the Queen that Andrew had to leave public life. I think Andrew is so cosseted and thick he doesn't see how fucking wrong it all is.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Well l'm getting my popcorn out for later.

I saw Piers bellowing over everyone this morning in his usual charming way 😖 saying we don't know it was racism without the context. I considered this quite carefully and agree the context would have been useful. However the likely motivation of such a comment would be a concern that Archie would be black in my opinion. So absolutely racist.

Not naming who it was and allowing this circus is ridiculous. They should have kept quiet. I don't think it was Charles. He seemed to be genuine with Doria at the wedding. I think Camilla is a good shout. I doubt she had ever spoken to a black person before meeting the Markles and didn't she pull a face when asked if she would miss them?

The whole wedding thing is a debacle too. I feel a bit cheated even though l don't care that much.

Then there is poor Harry who only has his mother's 30 million since last year. However will he cope.

The mystic of the RF is that they make us believe they are like us. They like roast chicken and have kids that misbehave.It's becoming glaringly obvious they are not in the least bit like us. They don't even live on the same planet as us.

I suggest Royal Family #5 Eastenders Royal Edition out now

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
The Royals cant be racist because they are desperate to cling to the remnants of Empire is the stupidest argument ever, and no more than I would expect from UKIP 😄. How is it so unbelievable that a family that is literally based on it's own superiority over others and preserving their bloodline is either openly racist or holds racist views?
It's OK though as Boris Johnson is apparently going to comment on it and we all know how anti racist he is 😁

• Haha

FrostyChops

VIP Member
This is too long to read.
You are boring!
Personally I am no longer that invested.
Off you trot then love

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!

Why is the interview Oprah with Meghan & Harry not the other way around ?

oh he really is a puppet on a string isn’t he 🤣🤣
Well apparently the interview is largely with Meghan and Harry joins for the last part only.

I don't know what their relationship dynamic is but l wonder if her even knows what she said 🤔

• Haha

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Wills and Kate have been married 10 years? We got our DFS sofas the day before the wedding - excellent timing. Dont think they are going to last the 25 years the previous Habitat ones did... (sorry, off topic :p )

• Haha

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
People like his grandad and great grandad? 😂

All these users with in-laws who are mixed race etc and asking their brother or sister what colour will the child be, I'm like wow. I'm a black woman and if my husband's sister just casually wondered to him what colour our child would be then I'd be like wtf.
To be honest Brits are similarly obsessed with people with ginger hair too. Anyone who has ginger hair and has kids is open to comments regarding whether the kids will be gingers, or worse.

igiveup

VIP Member
Watch Diana’s interview some of it is very similar so when Meghan said she hasn’t seen Diana’s I don’t believe a word she says, she has seen it.

Watch Diana’s interview some of it is very similar so when Meghan said she hasn’t seen Diana’s I don’t
believe a word she says, she has seen it.

100% baby is going to be called Diana.

• Sick