The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think the image has been meddled with. It’s simply a professional portrait that will have used all the right lighting etc. The Wimbledon photo is a candid long lense photo.
Also if you look at the photos from the air show last week he looks exactly like he does in the birthday photo. In fact I remember thinking on the day how grown up he looked compared to the chubby cheeked 9 year old at the coronation

Reactions: 2
Did you read hannah123's post? It explains the situation with admirable clarity and shows that newspaper headline to be disingenuous at best and downright dishonest at worst.
For the avoidance of doubt I am not TYL and would have been extremely peeved if they had got "an extra 45% from the taxpayer".
The article is really very heavy-handed. Between trying to bait people off the bat with a reference to the cost of living crisis, dancing around the actual nature of the changes (while accusing the Treasury of using spin, amusingly), and seemingly attempting to put their readers off looking into looking into how it actually works, it's an article that makes me look at the writer askance.

There's plenty to criticise about the royal family without resorting to misleading readers into rage.

Reactions: 8
The article is really very heavy-handed. Between trying to bait people off the bat with a reference to the cost of living crisis, dancing around the actual nature of the changes (while accusing the Treasury of using spin, amusingly), and seemingly attempting to put their readers off looking into looking into how it actually works, it's an article that makes me look at the writer askance.

There's plenty to criticise about the royal family without resorting to misleading readers into rage.
That's what really annoys me about the papers. They twist everything trying to incite unrest.
You have to doubt everything they write now.

Reactions: 7
I’m struggling to see any difference. Also, he’s 10, are we really dissecting a 10 year olds appearance?
We are not? I merely pointed out that I think he looks differently in the portrait. He is obviously the same person but to me the professional portrait and all that comes with it gives him a different look. To me the difference is quite striking, to others it might not be. That has nothing to do with his appearance in general? Geez

Reactions: 2
That's what really annoys me about the papers. They twist everything trying to incite unrest.
You have to doubt everything they write now.
Absolutely. Most people will just see a headline and won't bother to read an article or look any deeper and just think TRF are getting a massive increase. I did see a few on twitter trying to explain but it was a bit pointless.

The media stinks and I'm not one who's into conspiracy theories and the like but the most glaring example at the moment is the Dan Wootton saga. Virtually nothing in the main papers or news outlets because he's one of them. I don't think there's one news outlet out there I trust at the moment.

Reactions: 5
Absolutely. Most people will just see a headline and won't bother to read an article or look any deeper and just think TRF are getting a massive increase. I did see a few on twitter trying to explain but it was a bit pointless.

The media stinks and I'm not one who's into conspiracy theories and the like but the most glaring example at the moment is the Dan Wootton saga. Virtually nothing in the main papers or news outlets because he's one of them. I don't think there's one news outlet out there I trust at the moment.
I'm not into conspiracy theories either and I consider myself to be a very middle of the road average person and I'm really losing trust in the media and institutions. What started it for me was the reporting or lack of reporting on transgender issues (virtually nobody in Ireland knows that we have gender self id because it was never discussed by the media) and once you see through them on one story you start to doubt it all. It's frightening. Anyway I've gone totally off topic but the guardian are definitely very anti RF and the DM are very pro RF so you need to read both to get to the truth of the matter really. That applies to most topics I think.

Reactions: 3

Strange to say I've just been going through my bookmarks weeding stuff out I've saved and I came across this https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishe...-hacking-telling-truth-gets-you-trouble-well/
Am now left wondering did I get this through Tattle or reading my favourite book of the year (It's a Bit of a Stretch) - was he banged up at the same time as the author? 😁

They get 25% back of The Crown Estates profits, profits have increased this year (presumably from lockdown ending?), so their 25% is higher, it also means the treasury are getting a 45% increase on their 75%. Can’t remember where, but I read that by keeping the contribution at £86m this year and not increasing it in line with profits the 25% is shrinking to a 12% contribution. Doing some rough maths, the headline could equally be treasury get a boost of £116m from increase in Crown Estates profits, but I guess that doesn’t sell.
Charles also didn't pay inheritance tax when the queen died so you can add that to the figures above.

The murkyness of royal finances is a huge problem I have with them, especially when they take large sums of money from government which always go up.

It can't be cheap to heat those homes they all live in. Who pays the bills for Anne's big house? Or Edward and Sophie's? Not to mention keeping Andrew warm, fed and watered.

He was swanning about in that big house for a long time until they realised the public don't care for him. Then there is Wills, Kate and their brood. I mean the housing costs must be expensive, not to mention private education for their kids.

Zara and Mike Tindall live with Anne don't they? Not saying they should be homeless, but got to wonder where and how these costs arranged as there are also a lot of hangers on in the RF.

Reactions: 3
It can't be cheap to heat those homes they all live in. Who pays the bills for Anne's big house? Or Edward and Sophie's? Not to mention keeping Andrew warm, fed and watered.

He was swanning about in that big house for a long time until they realised the public don't care for him. Then there is Wills, Kate and their brood. I mean the housing costs must be expensive, not to mention private education for their kids.

Zara and Mike Tindall live with Anne don't they? Not saying they should be homeless, but got to wonder where and how these costs arranged as there are also a lot of hangers on in the RF.
Zara and Mike live on the estate, not in the same house as Anne. I guess they pay rent although probably no at market rate and then meet their own utilities. Assume Peter does the same as think he also lives on that estate

Anne (Gatcombe Park) and Edward (Bagshot Park) most definitely won the housing competition over Andrew if you ask me. I do wonder what they do with their big houses- if you don’t entertain tons of guests without end and don’t house and employ tons of staff it’s quite annoying to keep it heated and vented properly to avoid mould. Or maybe in those echelons of society guests still stay for weeks. Who knows.

William and Kate hsve 4 houses and their eye on Andrews place as the cottage is too "cramped" for them all.

Also boils my blood that Andrew is pretty much squatting at this point and we're paying for it all

William and Kate hsve 4 houses and their eye on Andrews place as the cottage is too "cramped" for them all.

Also boils my blood that Andrew is pretty much squatting at this point and we're paying for it all
I think their idea of a cottage compared to the average person’s is slightly different.
4 houses and an eye on number 5 eh? Are they still planning on ending homelessness by next Tuesday?🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think their idea of a cottage compared to the average person’s is slightly different.
4 houses and an eye on number 5 eh? Are they still planning on ending homelessness by next Tuesday?🙄
In the same way an ‘apartment’ runs over 4 floors, has 20 odds rooms, has one kitchen for everyday and one for best, and houses national treasures

Reactions: 10
I was watching some of the Catherine stuff last night that Jeremy Kyle put out, which was quite interesting. Nothing much new to tell, but it was a reminder of how she has been a stable addition to the RF. She hasn't put a foot wrong so far, kept the kids away from the spotlight and keeping them grounded as much as feasibly possible. She seems like a great mother and her & William seem to adore each other - unless they are great actors of course. I genuinely think she is the epitome of what a royal should be.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Watching people have knicker fits over this article on the Daily Mail right now... She has a point though!

If that's the worst they can say about her then she's not doing too bad! Why do people overreact to these things? Someone most people have never heard of thinks Kate doesn't wear enough jewelry - why are people getting worked up over it?!

Reactions: 12
If that's the worst they can say about her then she's not doing too bad! Why do people overreact to these things? Someone most people have never heard of thinks Kate doesn't wear enough jewelry - why are people getting worked up over it?!
It baffles me. These people have no need for random strangers getting worked up oh their behalf.

Shock news: Someone expresses an opinion.

To be fair, there is the whole of the Royal Vault to run amok and play in. You can’t just not make eye contact with it and pretend it doesn’t exist. we know it’s there. if I were Queen Mary I‘d consider a little light haunting.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.