The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard that Channel 4 are going to play Diana's funeral on the day of the coronation. I hope I heard wrong and they are not playing it, that's just weird.
Surely that can't be right. Not only would it be aggressively rude, it's just a bit icky. Playing footage of a funeral from a quarter of a century ago with the mourning of her children front and centre, on a day of celebration for her ex husband, father of said children?

It would certainly grab headlines, but not positive ones.

Reactions: 16
Surely that can't be right. Not only would it be aggressively rude, it's just a bit icky. Playing footage of a funeral from a quarter of a century ago with the mourning of her children front and centre, on a day of celebration for her ex husband, father of said children?

It would certainly grab headlines, but not positive ones.
I've only seen a few tiktoks say it, mostly from Saint Diana type pages :rolleyes: so definitely not credible sources. As I said, I hope it's a load of rubbish.

Reactions: 4
To be fair I don't use tiktok, but a quick google only gives me a tiktok that's a piss take. I can imagine a few folks missed the joke and spread from there.

Reactions: 2
Huw Edward's voice IS royal events to me. Every time I hear his voice I know I'm watching something historic. The day he stops they may as well finish the monarchy 😂
Absolutely agree with this! I always associate Huw Edwards' voice with such occasions but maybe that's because I'm abit younger and don't have too many recollections of David Dimbleby.

Reactions: 2

Interesting to hear the planning is a bit chaotic, although those of us who work in events will know every major event is carnage until about 2 minutes before it starts 😂 😂

That being said I would have thought these plans should already have been in place and it was just a case of executing them, decisions could have been made years ago it's not like it's a shock event!

Reactions: 7
It's a non story and hardly "chaos"..Just a tabloid trying to generate sales.

It's a non story and hardly "chaos"..Just a tabloid trying to generate sales.
Oh sure...just good to know from an event planners perspective that even the most historic event in decades cuts it down to the wire too 😂 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh sure...just good to know from an event planners perspective that even the most historic event in decades cuts it down to the wire too 😂 😅
I wouldn't want to be involved in any of it but I bet it all goes perfectly on the day! Nightmare for the Police and Security Services though.

Reactions: 3
They announced Harry is attending the coronation but not Meghan and the kids.

Just leaving this here 😉😉😅
I’ve said all along this is what makes the most sense…for once they’ve opted for the sensible option! I imagine it’s relief for all…well apart from Harry probably

87191CE1-88FE-4ECB-80FC-9C87C1691BBE.jpeg

Reactions: 8
I find it quite embarrassing and a bit cowardly. If you’re going to speak about the family in a public domain, then accept titles for the children at least have the gall to show up together or neither of you. Even using Archie’s birthday as an excuse is lame.

Reactions: 23
I don’t know how Harry has the front to turn up after all the interviews/ book 😂. I’m pleased Meghan isn’t going though as all the headlines would have been all about her.

Reactions: 18
I sup
I find it quite embarrassing and a bit cowardly. If you’re going to speak about the family in a public domain, then accept titles for the children at least have the gall to show up together or neither of you. Even using Archie’s birthday as an excuse is lame.
I suppose at least he spoke out rather than brief in a covert way… I agree with the poster who said although he behaves like a twit, there’s no denying he has legitimate grievances.

I really admired the queen and don’t mind Charles but in general this family just come off so badly for me. Petty, dysfunctional and everything so CURATED. I bet Kate is a mean girl!

Reactions: 8
Reading the part of the official statement that says "The Duchess of Sussex will stay in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet"...just made me think how the names Archie and Lilibet really don't suit titles 😂 I think they're nice names (well Archie, I wouldn't personally opt for Lilibet but I like "Lili") but I don't know what it is, they just don't suit a title in front of them. I do feel that when naming a royal child who may or may not have a Prince or Princess title someday, you've got to think about this. Maybe it's just me but they seem like such a clash. "Prince James, Prince Oliver, Prince Theo, Princess Amelia, Princess Martha, Princess Eliza" they all have a nice ring to them Prince Archie just sounds odd?...sorry I've gone totally off topic but does anyone know what I mean??

Reactions: 22
Does anyone listen to Jam Session on The Ringer network? They had a good bit on the coronation this week

Reading the part of the official statement that says "The Duchess of Sussex will stay in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet"...just made me think how the names Archie and Lilibet really don't suit titles 😂 I think they're nice names (well Archie, I wouldn't personally opt for Lilibet but I like "Lili") but I don't know what it is, they just don't suit a title in front of them. I do feel that when naming a royal child who may or may not have a Prince or Princess title someday, you've got to think about this. Maybe it's just me but they seem like such a clash. "Prince James, Prince Oliver, Prince Theo, Princess Amelia, Princess Martha, Princess Eliza" they all have a nice ring to them Prince Archie just sounds odd?...sorry I've gone totally off topic but does anyone know what I mean??
Yes … but then I’m old fashioned and would always opt for giving them the proper ‘full’ names and then call them by the shorter nickname. So I’d have gone for officially calling then Archibald and Elizabeth anyway.

Reactions: 13
I sup

I suppose at least he spoke out rather than brief in a covert way… I agree with the poster who said although he behaves like a twit, there’s no denying he has legitimate grievances.

I really admired the queen and don’t mind Charles but in general this family just come off so badly for me. Petty, dysfunctional and everything so CURATED. I bet Kate is a mean girl!
What I took away from Spare is Harrys biggest grievance with his family is he was born 2nd, full stop. A lot of the scenarios he created in his head, like having one less sausage than the older and bigger William, or having the smaller bedroom, it was him that created those into something more than they were rather than just asking for another sausage.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What I took away from Spare is Harrys biggest grievance with his family is he was born 2nd, full stop. A lot of the scenarios he created in his head, like having one less sausage than the older and bigger William, or having the smaller bedroom, it was him that created those into something more than they were rather than just asking for another sausage.
To be fair, that's not that unusual. Friend of mine has a younger brother who has complained on more than on occasion that he wasn't allowed the top bunk as a kid. He's over 60 now, he really needs to get over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.