The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we have a view on Camilla as Queen? I no likey. Too soon, and when they were married, it was always said she’d be Princess Consort; the late Queen said she’d be designated Queen Consort. Don’t get me wrong, I like her, they’re a well-suited couple and she’s been good for him. It just all feels a bit sneaky.
No other Queen has ever been referred to as Queen Consort, even Albert and Philip were simply Prince and not Prince Consort. She’s the wife of the reigning King so is the Queen. Her getting a lesser title because people liked his ex wife is just sexist and once again finds a way to put an affair solely onto the woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think all spouses to the monarch are their consort. Phillip was Elizabeth’s consort but the title just isn’t used. Just like the Queen mum was consort but just called Queen

snap @hannah123!

Reactions: 11
I think all spouses to the monarch are their consort. Phillip was Elizabeth’s consort but the title just isn’t used. Just like the Queen mum was consort but just called Queen

snap @hannah123!
I think for Philip he couldn’t ever be King as (sadly) King outranks Queen.

Reactions: 4
Do we have a view on Camilla as Queen? I no likey. Too soon, and when they were married, it was always said she’d be Princess Consort; the late Queen said she’d be designated Queen Consort. Don’t get me wrong, I like her, they’re a well-suited couple and she’s been good for him. It just all feels a bit sneaky.
I would assume that they have just dropped the consort, because in actually that is what she will be. Queen consort is the wife of the monarch. She can’t be Queen in her own right because its hereditary.

Edit

Nothing against Camilla. I'm over the affair. Took me a good ten years but I'm over it. However, there will only ever be one Queen for me. Camilla may be Charles's Queen but Elizabeth 2 is and always will be my Queen.

Reactions: 12
I think for Philip he couldn’t ever be King as (sadly) King outranks Queen.
Yes that’s right, it’s why he was only ever Prince but he was still the Queen’s consort. I don’t think you’d ever get King Consort as he’s either King in his own right or can’t be as he’d outrank his wife who was Queen and Head of State

There's definitely a message in Rose Hanbury's son being chosen. Charles has already made Rose's husband one of his Lords In Waiting as well.

Already suspected the Rose/Wills rumours weren't true, considering Pippa called her daughter Rose, but they want to make it obvious (he's probably played away elsewhere IMO).
I agree with you that he definitely chears on her I dunno about the Rose situation..... they all date each other in those circles so I'm willing to bet that they all cheat on each other with each other. That and the PR afterwards was dodgy, even by their standards. I think if it was true they would've ignored it and not done that weird church walk with them.

I think Pippa only named her daughter Rose as a middle name too?

Genuine question, those who feel Camilla shouldn't be "Queen Camilla" would you feel the same way in years to come with Kate? Do you think she should also be Queen Consort Catherine?

I totally get that for us all "The Queen" is Elizabeth, but we do have to move with the times. I think when HMQ issued the statement regarding Camilla being known as The Queen Consort it was more about stating it wouldn't be Princess Consort as had been speculated. The Queen Consort isn't a title, it's a role, as far as I believe. So Queen Consort Camilla isn't actually a title, it's just highlighting her role. Her role is The Queen Consort, her title is Queen Camilla, Phillips role was The Prince Consort, his title was Prince Phillip?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think it would have been odd from an historical precedent for Camilla not to be Queen Camilla. She's queen consort, who is styled as Queen Camilla as the queen consorts before her have been styled Queen ___.

She's not got the same position as any of the queens in their own right. Other than a distaste for her or lingering feelings that it's somehow taking something rightfully belonging to Diana, I struggle to think of a reason to create a position/styling for her that hasn't been needed for a queen consort before her.

Reactions: 5
I think it would have been odd from an historical precedent for Camilla not to be Queen Camilla. She's queen consort, who is styled as Queen Camilla as the queen consorts before her have been styled Queen ___.

She's not got the same position as any of the queens in their own right. Other than a distaste for her or lingering feelings that it's somehow taking something rightfully belonging to Diana, I struggle to think of a reason to create a position/styling for her that hasn't been needed for a queen consort before her.
I think anyone who thought this wasn’t going to be the outcome was deluding themselves really.
the bandwagon of tradition rumbles on regardless of who is driving or passenger.

Reactions: 11
My friend says he looks like someone who has got his head squished between the doors of a bus … and while accepting there is nothing he can do about that, she thinks he should stop teasing those 4 strands of hair over his head. He’s not Jackie Charlton and he’s fooling no one or, alternatively, wear a hat or some form of head gear at all times.
I've always thought William accepted his baldness fairly gracefully. He keeps it cut tight and doesn't have a comb over. What more can he do? Wearing a hat at all times seems a lot to ask!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Already seeing people question why Archie and Lili haven’t been chosen. Personally I would love to see a newly 4 and almost 2 year old take part 🙄🙄

Pleased Camilla has been able to choose from her own family, I often think when you marry into the royals there’s an expectation to sort of leave yours behind, always spending the big occasions with the RF, so it’s nice to see Camilla include hers, kind of like the way Kate always invites the Middletons to her Carol service and gives them a good seat haha
Lilibet won't even be 2, she'll still be 1! At 3 Princess Anne was too young to go to her mother's coronation.
G,C and L are somewhat used to the crowds and what is expected of them in a big event. A and L are not. It wouldn't be fair to throw them into a situation with people they don't know and a very stressful situation like that.

Reactions: 14
Why hasn’t Charlotte got a role? Seems like the patriarchy is still going strong in the RM

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Camilla will never be thought of as "The Queen" as we all think of the late Queen. No one called her "Queen Elizabeth"..She was "The Queen" pure and simple. Charles' wife will just officially and formally be styled Queen Camilla as is her due.

Reactions: 8
Camilla will never be thought of as "The Queen" as we all think of the late Queen. No one called her "Queen Elizabeth"..She was "The Queen" pure and simple. Charles' wife will just officially and formally be styled Queen Camilla as is her due.
I always felt that although The Queen accomplished so much throughout her reign, she properly came into herself after the Queen Morher died. Although she was Sovreign I think there was still an undercurrent of QM being in charge. She was still considered The Queen even after the coronation in 1952 and took people a long time to get used to Princess Elizabeth as the new Queen.

Reactions: 7
Nothing against Camilla, and certainly no ‘anti-woman’ thing, but as others have said, Queen Elizabeth will always be The Queen to me.

Reactions: 1
I see Harry and Meghan haven't replied to the invite or the Coronation even though the date has passed.

They really have to make a drama out of every f***ing thing. :mad:

The palace should just make an announcement that as they haven't replied they will assume they're not coming.

Reactions: 10
I just wish ’A Source’ could zip it and this PR battle involving the likes of the Daily Mail cease. They’ll either be there or they won’t.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.