Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated. Much more normal than smocked tops. Talking about young boys, mind you.
I have to say I really dislike the electric blue. It’s so harsh on the eye and stands out but not in a good way. I do like the fuchsia but I don’t like the specific outfits. I think Anne hit the right spot. The woman with the orange top too.
Also, the all blue Cambridges kind of melt into each other.
Sadly, the Yorks missed the mark again.
I've never seen a child in the UK in shorts and knee socks? Is it a thing for uniforms or something?
I think they're taking the blue theme a bit far now as well and I love blue. I suppose at least William didn't have a blue tie.

Reactions: 2

Andouilette

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many thoughts but not willing to voice them in any detail till more is known. On the face of it, it looks like Harry has been completely left out but that might not be accurate.
A bit more here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...doch-news-group-prince-william-phone-hacking/

Last edited:

Tots

VIP Member
Was the embarrassing Tampax conversation between Charles and Camilla a result of phone hacking?
If so, did Charles sue or did he just grin and bear it?
I vaguely remember it being in the papers but can't remember if any legal action was taken.
it was indeed a phone hacking. As far as I’m aware they just grinned and beared it….or more like endured the embarrassment of it all!

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
People also need to remember he was raised in an Irish household, father from the west of Ireland, mother born in England to Irish parents. (He said his love of farming stemmed from summers spent on the farm his dad grew up on). That doesn't necessarily mean rampantly republican but it wouldn't imply a house adorned with Royal memorabilia either.

Either way, he's a big loss, I'm puzzled that his views on royalty would be the 1st thing to come to mind upon hearing of his passing.
Apologies for quoting myself

Great_Kate

VIP Member
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated. Much more normal than smocked tops. Talking about young boys, mind you.
I have to say I really dislike the electric blue. It’s so harsh on the eye and stands out but not in a good way. I do like the fuchsia but I don’t like the specific outfits. I think Anne hit the right spot. The woman with the orange top too.
Also, the all blue Cambridges kind of melt into each other.
Sadly, the Yorks missed the mark again.

Soncna

Well if it was me !! I would blame her!! That marriage was doomed from the start!! Let’s say she never stayed away, always in the background young naive, unable to handle a third party in a marriage!! That would kick off any insecurities. The manipulation of a younger woman by an older woman!! She asked BTW do you hunt! When Diana said no, she was relieved!! That was her way of keeping a hold of Charles. Charles was also easily manipulated and spoiled. She knew what buttons to press. Instead of leaving the marriage to fail of it own accord, she helped it along

---
If anyone wants to see the full documentary
I completely agree with you. We are in minority here. I am a child of a broken marriage who fell apart due to other woman. I cannot take Camilla role in D&C marriage lightly. Yes, there were not a good match and Diana had her flaws… But if there was no Camilla, could it be a different story?

hannah123

VIP Member
Imagine the uproar if Kate did change that ring...

Iagree with the other that I wouldn't want a ring from such a cursed marriage. From memory too he had to ask Harry to have the ring as Diana left it to him?

I'd prefer what Harry did and get a diamond/stone of some meaning and get a, ring made
I’m sure Harry said in Spare that wasn’t true and was made up by the press. William had always asked for the engagement ring, Harry didn’t even know William was planning to propose to Kate

Reraciara

Chatty Member
She’s not the first to do that - the Queen Mum completely changed hers.
I think giving anyone such an important piece of jewellery sight unseen has to be prepared for the fact the recipient might not been as keen on it as they are, however romantic the gesture.
Imagine the uproar if Kate did change that ring...

Iagree with the other that I wouldn't want a ring from such a cursed marriage. From memory too he had to ask Harry to have the ring as Diana left it to him?

I'd prefer what Harry did and get a diamond/stone of some meaning and get a, ring made

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I've never liked Camilla and not just because of the way Princess Diana was treated. I can't stand bloody-thirsty people and Camilla is one bloody-thirsty person. Anyone who likes seeing a small animal being torn apart - and Charles likes this too - is not a person to be liked or admired.
All of them hunt in one way or another. I think Meghan was the only one who was against it?
I get hunting for food, that makes sense - if you kill something you eat it. But apart from that it’s horrendous and outdated.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Huw Edward's voice IS royal events to me. Every time I hear his voice I know I'm watching something historic. The day he stops they may as well finish the monarchy 😂
Absolutely agree with this! I always associate Huw Edwards' voice with such occasions but maybe that's because I'm abit younger and don't have too many recollections of David Dimbleby.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I’ve read reports that Scottish Gaelic, Welsh and Irish will feature in the Coronation to best represent the languages of the UK. I personally think Cornish should play a part because it’s one of the main regional languages and as most future Kings were the Duchy of Cornwall, I think it would be a good nod to that time period. The flag was also put on the Gloriana barge. Also, I think it would be great if sign language was involved in some aspect in the actual service (if it’s not already).
I am glad that the Celtic languages are being given a nod but I agree Cornish should have been included and most certainly sign language as Charles I believe likes to be inclusive.

Lonette

coronation tailors: Fit For A King bbc2 at 9pm.

Was a insightful programme into the making of the coronation uniforms for the servicemen & women, made even better with the handsome Patrick Grant presenting it!
Thanks for the headds up - I'll see if I can catch up. I enjoy things like this, so interesting to see what goes into all the pomp.

neroli

VIP Member
I think the security element is far more important than what they all wear. So much potential for trouble.

• Sad
Reactions: 1