Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
I can see he can’t do that sadly as it is his brother. But I don’t think Fergie has been snubbed. She isn’t a member of the RF. It all feels like whipping up controversy where there isn’t any to me…
I don’t see why not, plenty of Kings before him have done much worse to their brothers, and a lot of the general public don’t speak to siblings. Charles being coronated with the divorced wife that his children hated, with his daughter in law in another country because the family don’t like her, whilst the problematic, borderline noncey brother stays at home uninvited is quite possibly the most modern and relatable to the public family dynamic a king could have.
I think Charles would start his reign in a much more favourable view of the public if he said fuck off to his brother.

Reactions: 2

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
Seeing so much more of Kate and William at the moment. Have they finally stepped up and doing more or is this just temporary in the run up to the coronation?

I wasn’t sure about her choice of dress, I thought it made her look a bit mummy? Or is that a bit harsh? I suppose she is a mum!

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
Charles and Diana were spectacularly unsuited to each other. Spectacularly. But all they had to do was produce an heir and, for preference, a spare then they could toddle off and have their own separate lives and just meet for Christmas walks at Sandringham and the odd tour to Australia. They didn’t have to live together and spend the evening squabbling who gets control of the remote. Unfortunately the one person who wasn’t aware of the rules was Diana, who might have been a gel from the right stock but who was also naive and fancied herself in love. It really was a clash of old style aristocratic lineage merger and tabloid/public desire for a fairytale.

I would bet that if the media and public hadn’t been so heavily invested and if Diana had thought, you know what, I don’t like it but I’ll go with it … then she and Charles would still be married and living separate lives as would Camilla and Andrew. It doesn’t matter how many pints they pull or how little they use the gold coach, they really are not and never will be ‘just like us’.
Fine!! Even if they weren’t!! That marriage hadn’t a chance in hell from the beginning with camilla involved!! Imagine hearing your new husband on the phone talking to his lover! Imagine seeing him wearing cuff links on your honeymoon bought by her!! You only 19-20 years old!! How would you feel! All the anger and jealousy builds up! No one to talk to!! That marriage was not even allowed to grow or fail on it own merits! That’s all down to camilla

Chita

VIP Member
could you imagine the uproar from Saint Diana fans if Catherine decided to dismantle and redesign the ring?

Just proves, no matter what, there will be someone who is unhappy. Ha!
---
I suppose Kate’s ring isn’t as bad as Princess Marie’s. Prince Joachim presented her with red, white and blue stones encased in a thick gold band. It was meant to represent the French flag (Marie is French) but it looks like a tacky souvenir.
---

Ah, see I really like that design! I thought Meghan’s original ring was really nice.

Can't remember what Meghans original was.

neroli

VIP Member
I know and the then horrible British media told everyone she was calling the RF racist. How could they?!! That's not at all what she said... 😂
But then in his “Spare” interviews Harry backtracked and said they said no such thing and that was just how the media interpreted it. Alrighty… 🙄
We must all remember the Sussexes never say or do anything wrong. They are entirely blameless and are the victims every time.
I also recall them announcing when he was born that they would not be using a title for Archie...
I do too but recollections may vary?

Reraciara

Chatty Member
  • Sick
  • Wow

TYL159

Chatty Member
Am I the only one who isn't filled with excitement, at the prospect of a new monarch? I shudder to think about the millions being spent on this spectacle. It is just another opportunity for them to display their immense wealth. They are completely out of touch, with the majority of their subjects who are struggling financially.
Minimum wage, state pension and benefits all up 10% and it will raise tourism revenue too

• Haha

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Hmm the boys wore the shorts and socks at school in the 80s. I suspect its still a thing at posh or formal schools.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I do give Diana a but more flack because she was very young. No way around it. But the breakdown of this marriage is on her and Charles, even if I think he is at fault more.
We have no idea if Charles ever intended to make it work - meaning sustaining a faithful love match. I would think he always assumed at least some ONS on his side were absolutely fine. It was his decision to entertain the relationship to Camilla despite having a wife not ok with this. Camilla and Andrew seem to have been fine with their affairs- so her marriage wasn’t threatened by it at all. I doubt Charles played a part in their separation.
Charles was married to Diana- it was his responsibility to make it work. Camilla could have danced naked on his front step- no one forced him to open that door. Just as no one forced Hoare (married to Freudstein) or Carling to cheat on their wives with Diana. It’s not her fault they couldn’t keep it in the pants.
I absolutely get why many wouldn’t want to play a part in an affair. But the mere possibility shows that the married partner has already checked out of the faithful part and has no problem with risking the marriage and deeply hurting and humiliating the other partner.

In this case, I do feel for all three of them, but Diana gets some extra empathy points. Charles should have made sure she knew what she was in for. It was his responsibility to play with open cards and spill it out for her.
The problem with that, of course, is that to Charles it never was a love match anyway.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Didn’t Diana say once in an interview, that she was the first to be unfaithful in the marriage

elliebee27

VIP Member
I think military uniform for the men, day dress, hats for ladies. Hope the royal ladies at least of the BRF wear gowns and tiaras otherwise it will look ridiculous.

Blurp

VIP Member
He’s directing that comment to Diana, not William and Harry. So it does make sense. He’s still a giant twat though.

Yeah I’m super curious about what will happen here too. Surely it’s happened already in the aristocracy with hereditary titles?
Lord Ivor Mountbatten of the Milford Haven Mountbattens is in a same sex marriage. He was 'given away' by his former wife Penny Mountbatten (the other one!), Lady Ivor Mountbatten. It would be a bit confusing to take his name or similar, two Lord Ivors, two Lord Smiths, two Lady Marys, etc.

• Wow