The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So was the jubilee carriage ride! 😂 .. well royal editor not reporter

"According to royal editor Roya Nikkhah, writing in The Sunday Times, all of Her Majesty's UK-based great-grandchildren will take part in the special event at the final performance of 'Gallop Through History' during the Royal Windsor Horse Show, on 15th May.
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, Savannah and Isla Phillips, Princess Eugenie's son August Brooksbank, Princess Beatrice's daughter Sienna Mapelli Mozzi, and Zara Tindall's children Lena, Lucas and Mia Tindall will take part"
I wonder if that just came from the practice someone took photos of but in reality the kids struggled so it was scrapped.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if that just came from the practice someone took photos of but in reality the kids struggled so it was scrapped.
I wonder if they were just taking pictures with the great grandchildren but no intention of them being in the parade. Sienna is kept away from photographers so i'm not sure Bea and Edo would want her involved in a big parade.

That was toe curling especially when they turned up in that white landrover, and watching William trying to fit into the Bobsleigh was awful, he was so awkward and uncomfortable like he had a huge poker up his arse.
I couldn’t agree more with you! They are both (compared to Non-Europeans) so tall too, it just all looks gangly and overbearing.

This has got me thinking. Did Diana learn the Welsh anthem? No strong opinion on Kate either way, so this isn't me 'defending' her.
I googled it and yes Diana did know the Welsh national anthem. Not a huge shock as I think she was more hardworking than Catherine.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if they were just taking pictures with the great grandchildren but no intention of them being in the parade. Sienna is kept away from photographers so i'm not sure Bea and Edo would want her involved in a big parade.
Yeah I remember Mike Tindall said people had added 2 and 2 and made 5. I think they were all there for Easter and it was either something they put on for the kids for fun OR they thought it would be a nice photo for HMQ.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the cutting down on ceremonial parts involving other aristocratic families is also partly due to the shrinking number. There was a fascinating documentary (or maybe several and they are just morphed together in my mind) about the daughters, no male heirs and the dying out as well the struggles of up keeping the old estates and the very different realities some live now - like pensioners living in a normal semi. So the crowd taking an oath of liege and such would be MUCH smaller. It looks better to cut it because the comparisons will come and you can look modern. Win-win.

I would like Camilla's children and grandchildren to be involved in the coronation. I am fed up with reading articles about "William's secret sister - no-one knew about". I lived in Gloucestershire and in the old days Camilla and her family were often in posh magazines at the dentists. I think they should be seen as a family in public and take a more active part in royal events if they want to.
It obviously won't affect the succession.

Reactions: 5
I would like Camilla's children and grandchildren to be involved in the coronation. I am fed up with reading articles about "William's secret sister - no-one knew about". I lived in Gloucestershire and in the old days Camilla and her family were often in posh magazines at the dentists. I think they should be seen as a family in public and take a more active part in royal events if they want to.
It obviously won't affect the succession.
It is also more in keeping with the times. 50% of marriages end in divorce so it’s hardly that uncommon to have a blended family.

It is also more in keeping with the times. 50% of marriages end in divorce so it’s hardly that uncommon to have a blended family.
Do we want normal from the RF? Although they are far from it.

So apparently Harry and Meghan have been officially invited. I guess the Palace needs to have the upper hand. They can't not attend without looking petty.

@FrostyChops its a quite comfortable position for the RF. Because it puts H&M into a loose-loose spot. They look petty if they don’t show up but if they show up they will get so much bad press, their every blink will get analysed and not in their favour. While I would choose the lesser evil: be a no show and put out a real saccharine statement to acknowledge the occasion and all the best wishes for Charles and Camilla, I can absolutely see H&M showing up, and we will suffer through the media going for the bone, countless articles, statements by supporters and critics, and maybe another round of interviews about HOW HORRIBLE they were treated. Maybe though, M puts her foot down. I think she took note just how badly H revelations went down and will be careful to turn the ship around. Let’s hope she has enough sway over H in this instance.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Harry and Meghan have really backed themselves into a corner. Harry has been so vocal about demanding an apology in the book promo interviews that he'll look really foolish if he turns up without having gotten one and I don't think the RF are going to apologise publicly or privately. If they don't go, it really does emphasise that they're totally adrift from the rest of the family and that's not good for them commercially.

Reactions: 7
Harry and Meghan have really backed themselves into a corner. Harry has been so vocal about demanding an apology in the book promo interviews that he'll look really foolish if he turns up without having gotten one and I don't think the RF are going to apologise publicly or privately. If they don't go, it really does emphasise that they're totally adrift from the rest of the family and that's not good for them commercially.
The latest rumour is that Meghan wants to run for the Democrats for US Senate in Dianne Feinstein's vacant seat in California. In which case it would be just as well they do keep their distance from the apolitical British royals

The latest rumour is that Meghan wants to run for the Democrats for US Senate in Dianne Feinstein's vacant seat in California. In which case it would be just as well they do keep their distance from the apolitical British royals
If she can't handle bad press now, I don't think politics is for her, will be fun to watch though 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I would be completely shocked if that actually happens. I don't really think it's something she wants right now, just something people have assumed/speculated about.

Reactions: 9
I don’t believe M will run for office any time soon. In many ways she and her family would have to endure more scrutiny and mean press as well as having clear restrictions while on the job. M might be many things but she isn’t a complete idiot. She knows US election tactics. I strongly believe she would rather try to be a public supporter with political influence but without actually doing the job herself.

Reactions: 9
I don’t believe M will run for office any time soon. In many ways she and her family would have to endure more scrutiny and mean press as well as having clear restrictions while on the job. M might be many things but she isn’t a complete idiot. She knows US election tactics. I strongly believe she would rather try to be a public supporter with political influence but without actually doing the job herself.
How on earth did Trump become president then? He wasn't exactly squeaky clean?

He was a rich white man that was pretty liked before politics who knew how to rile up forgotten America. Meghan is already polarising so any little mistake will be blown up.

If they do attend the coronation do we think she’ll get to wear a tiara? If Anne, Sophie and even rumours of Louise are all wearing one would it look strange for her to not wear one? & if she did it would then seem hypocritical, I can imagine it really angering some of their biggest critics.

He was a rich white man that was pretty liked before politics who knew how to rile up forgotten America. Meghan is already polarising so any little mistake will be blown up.

If they do attend the coronation do we think she’ll get to wear a tiara? If Anne, Sophie and even rumours of Louise are all wearing one would it look strange for her to not wear one? & if she did it would then seem hypocritical, I can imagine it really angering some of their biggest critics.
An awful lot of people didn't like Trump that's why so many,including me were aghast when he ran for president and horrified when he was elected.
As for the tiara it won't just be the royals who will be wearing them at the coronation aristocratic ladies will be wearing their tiaras as well. So from that point of view she can wear one as well.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
He wasn’t elected because he sold a squeaky clean image. And I won’t say more on that.
Not being squeak clean is not even the point I tried to make. I don’t think M is willing to endure the type of press. No matter if there would be any ugly truths exposed or just lies. And she won’t get enough voters behind her- especially now that her husband made himself a laughing stock. In fact- I think H is her biggest obstacle if she actually wanted to run for office.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He wasn’t elected because he sold a squeaky clean image. And I won’t say more on that.
Not being squeak clean is not even the point I tried to make. I don’t think M is willing to endure the type of press. No matter if there would be any ugly truths exposed or just lies. And she won’t get enough voters behind her- especially now that her husband made himself a laughing stock. In fact- I think H is her biggest obstacle if she actually wanted to run for office.
He was so sleazy that many were surprised that he was elected as President but then again he appealed to certain people. I suppose it's a bit like Boris Johnson and Brexit supporters.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.