The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the subtle anti Camilla stories in the last few hours on Daily Mail , Williams office hard at work
No, it's Montecito hard at work. So similar to Harry's accusations in the Spare. Seems like his wife simply cannot give it a rest with her incessant malicious PR plants!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
All the subtle anti Camilla stories in the last few hours on Daily Mail , Williams office hard at work
What negative stories were there? I only saw the one about the grandchildren and I thought that was fine. I'm not inclined to believe that either Harry or William had a hand in that one anyway.

Reactions: 5
What negative stories were there? I only saw the one about the grandchildren and I thought that was fine. I'm not inclined to believe that either Harry or William had a hand in that one anyway.
The one about her grandchildren being at the coronation with the royal family and her being called Queen and not Queen Consort and I understand the history of how that’s usually what happened but the comments having people very very riled up and the way the story is written the daily mail know what they are doing

I didn't read the comments. I didn't think the story itself did any harm to Camilla - I don't see a link back to Harry or William anyway. If anything I could believe that it's Charles and Camilla floating the idea to see how it goes down with the public and I think, apart from a loud minority in the DM comment section, people either don't care or think it's nice that Camilla can include her family.

Reactions: 8
This has got me thinking. Did Diana learn the Welsh anthem? No strong opinion on Kate either way, so this isn't me 'defending' her.

Not at all, just an observation. It irritates me, as a Welsh person, watching the same players never sing the anthem time and time again.
I am Welsh and I cannot recall a player not singing the anthem. If it has happened I suspect it's about psyching up for the match more than focusing on singing. Kate knew that singing the anthem would please the Welsh nation as a Welsh poet once observed "there's nothing like a Taffy for licking the arse royal" 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it's good that Camilla's grandkids will play a part in the coronation. It can't all be about Charles's fucked up family

Reactions: 3
I think it's good that Camilla's grandkids will play a part in the coronation. It can't all be about Charles's fucked up family
Agree, in fairness she had a life before RF and still has a life outside of it.

Reactions: 6

Have a feeling based on this pic of C+C alone, that there is going to be a ‘rayyccissmmmm’ outcry during coronation. They look like Kate + Will did when they were in Jamaica, during that awful trip riding around in the open top Jeep, regally waving and looking awkward among a sea of horrified Black faces.

Have a feeling based on this pic of C+C alone, that there is going to be a ‘rayyccissmmmm’ outcry during coronation. They look like Kate + Will did when they were in Jamaica, during that awful trip riding around in the open top Jeep, regally waving and looking awkward among a sea of horrified Black faces.
That was toe curling especially when they turned up in that white landrover, and watching William trying to fit into the Bobsleigh was awful, he was so awkward and uncomfortable like he had a huge poker up his arse.

Reactions: 5
That was toe curling especially when they turned up in that white landrover, and watching William trying to fit into the Bobsleigh was awful, he was so awkward and uncomfortable like he had a huge poker up his arse.
The white landover was worse when Kate decide to dress like the queen. The queen in the 1950s

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'll be really interested to see what TV audience figures it gets compared to HMTQ funeral.

I do think we should take the whole Camilla involving her grandchildren with a pinch of salt.
Remember the DM reported that all the Queen's great grandchildren would be on a horse drawn carriage for the jubilee? That didn't happen!

Reactions: 7
What's interesting is that Edward and Sophie have just finished a Caribbean tour and they seem to have taken no UK press with them at all. Instead they've used local press pools etc.

Funnily enough there's been no racism, optics or reparations comments following them at every turn. Almost like it was the British press stirring it up for Will and Kate's visit and the local press aren't bothered one bit and are there to report on the events, not try and taint a nice visit.

I'm not saying there weren't issues with Will and Kate's visit (cough that land rover, no idea what they were thinking) but the whole agenda for that tour was set before they had even landed by the British press which then stirred up a whole mess on Twitter. Didn't matter what they did, it was going to fail. I can't blame them for looking tense when they would have been second guessing everything they did because they knew the press were just desperate for a slip up and if there wasn't one they would find something to turn into one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do think we should take the whole Camilla involving her grandchildren with a pinch of salt.
Remember the DM reported that all the Queen's great grandchildren would be on a horse drawn carriage for the jubilee? That didn't happen!
This was a story from The Times royal reporter, so I'd say it has a bit more credibility

Reactions: 1
This was a story from The Times royal reporter, so I'd say it has a bit more credibility
So was the jubilee carriage ride! 😂 .. well royal editor not reporter

"According to royal editor Roya Nikkhah, writing in The Sunday Times, all of Her Majesty's UK-based great-grandchildren will take part in the special event at the final performance of 'Gallop Through History' during the Royal Windsor Horse Show, on 15th May.
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, Savannah and Isla Phillips, Princess Eugenie's son August Brooksbank, Princess Beatrice's daughter Sienna Mapelli Mozzi, and Zara Tindall's children Lena, Lucas and Mia Tindall will take part"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.