The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
---
I think that just raising awareness is going to be fruitless - you’d have to be extremely mentally ill not to realise that having a rubbish start at life can negatively affect children’s emotional and physical development. It needs to be something tangible like the D of E expeditions, of the Princes’s Trust foundation, even something like Invictus.
---
I honestly think you’d be surprised at how many people don’t realise a lot of their problems are from their childhood and parents. My partners 28 and has only recently been realising a lot of his anxiety with work and our relationship stems from his mum basically love bombing him as a kid to cover up some of what you could argue was abuse.

The reality is that on average children who are brought up in a household with 2 married parents in a loving relationship with enough money to sustain a stable and happy life will do far better in life than children who aren’t. But she can’t go out there telling everyone to get married and not having children until they can afford them.

Reactions: 12
I honestly think you’d be surprised at how many people don’t realise a lot of their problems are from their childhood and parents. My partners 28 and has only recently been realising a lot of his anxiety with work and our relationship stems from his mum basically love bombing him as a kid to cover up some of what you could argue was abuse.

The reality is that on average children who are brought up in a household with 2 married parents in a loving relationship with enough money to sustain a stable and happy life will do far better in life than children who aren’t. But she can’t go out there telling everyone to get married and not having children until they can afford them.
Even if she did, I am not sure that’s realistic. Surely the whole point of creating a healthy, happier society is to provide support to those who struggle to support them financially or emotionally. But that won’t happen because it costs money.

on a separate note, I can’t accept being married has any bearing on how good a parent someone will be. I know fantastic parents who aren’t married and parents whose marriage is such a mess, it’s doing (or done) real harm to their children.

Reactions: 5
Even if she did, I am not sure that’s realistic. Surely the whole point of creating a healthy, happier society is to provide support to those who struggle to support them financially or emotionally. But that won’t happen because it costs money.

on a separate note, I can’t accept being married has any bearing on how good a parent someone will be. I know fantastic parents who aren’t married and parents whose marriage is such a mess, it’s doing (or done) real harm to their children.
& I know single parents that do a good job. Doesn’t take away that lot of research still shows that on average children of married parents perform and develop better behaviourally, emotionally, socially ect than children of unmarried parents.

Reactions: 15
I think they'd be criticised whatever they do.

If they brought a few bags on groceries.. they're rich so why couldn't they bring more?
If they brought Tesco food.. why could't they bring Waitrose?
If they brought Waitrose food.. oh they're lording their wealth over us.

Remember when Charlotte and her parents brought food packages to the vulnerable during lockdown?
People commented that they didn't bring enough
People commented that they were bring snack bags to the peasants
Or that 'what were people going to do with homemade plain pasta'
The five year old was also blasted for delivering food during the lockdown and was labeled 'irresponsible' by the express
Or that the donations should have been done in secret.

So should the donations be in secret or not?
People who dislike the Monarchy or don't want the Monarchy will always find fault with what they do.

Catherine gets criticised for what she was wearing, that it was too expensive. If she wears a pair of Accessorize earrings then she's being
patronising to the plebs.

They visit a food bank and it's criticised. If they didn't go they would be accused of of ignoring the issue.

As I said, if you don't like the idea of Monarchy, they will never get it right.

Reactions: 26

I think part of this is that still many people living in a long term monogamous relationship choose to marry and if it’s just for the sentiment or the party. Marriage is therefore a byproduct of a happy relationship and not the reason. Also, marriage is not something pushed on couples if they accidentally fall pregnant. We all know those relationships often don’t turn into what we think of as successful marriages. So statistically marriages might coincide with better relationships.
Statistics only tell you so much. Getting all parents married up won’t solve the problem.

Reactions: 8
I was watching a documentary on the royal palaces and they covered some past royal stuff too. There was a segment on Princess Margaret's death and how much her children owed in inheritance tax. It was something like £3m, which they couldn't afford to pay so they decided to take lots of Margaret's possessions to auction. Their father didn't like the idea that her possessions would be auctioned off, but they had no choice really. Anyway, the stuff ended up raising £14m so they could pay off the tax and potentially have lots left over, but the Queen intervened and said that the remainder of the money would go to small charities. I didn't know any of that, but was interesting to know.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I was watching a documentary on the royal palaces and they covered some past royal stuff too. There was a segment on Princess Margaret's death and how much her children owed in inheritance tax. It was something like £3m, which they couldn't afford to pay so they decided to take lots of Margaret's possessions to auction. Their father didn't like the idea that her possessions would be auctioned off, but they had no choice really. Anyway, the stuff ended up raising £14m so they could pay off the tax and potentially have lots left over, but the Queen intervened and said that the remainder of the money would go to small charities. I didn't know any of that, but was interesting to know.
I was reading about this recently, it’s so ridiculous, a big one was they got annoyed about was they were auctioning off her tiara. What use would 2 people who never attend state banquets have for a tiara and where would they find money for security? Personally think I’d tell the lot of them to sod off and if they cared that much they can put in a bid and I’ll redirect my energy and mortgage bills to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was reading about this recently, it’s so ridiculous, a big one was they got annoyed about was they were auctioning off her tiara. What use would 2 people who never attend state banquets have for a tiara and where would they find money for security? Personally think I’d tell the lot of them to sod off and if they cared that much they can put in a bid and I’ll redirect my energy and mortgage bills to them.
I think this shows how out of touch the rf are. They don’t have to worry about insurance, death duties, tax etc it’s all sorted for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
LMFAO.

Poor old Ladeee Sarah and Viscount Linz 😂 How DID they cope with this setback. So BEASTLY and INCONVENIENT to pay that GHASTLY little tax man some of mummy’s millions. And having to auction of some of daddy and mamaaa’s possessions. What if, QUELLE HORROR, someone found evidence in these personals of daddy‘s GAY FLINGS!!!

My heart bleeds....for the tens of thousands that can’t afford to heat their homes right now.

Reactions: 4
LMFAO.

Poor old Ladeee Sarah and Viscount Linz 😂 How DID they cope with this setback. So BEASTLY and INCONVENIENT to pay that GHASTLY little tax man some of mummy’s millions. And having to auction of some of daddy and mamaaa’s possessions. What if, QUELLE HORROR, someone found evidence in these personals of daddy‘s GAY FLINGS!!!

My heart bleeds....for the tens of thousands that can’t afford to heat their homes right now.

Snowdon would fu"k anything in a skirt or trousers. He got one of his friends'wife pregnant just before he married Margaret. He managed to arse-lick his way into the Queen Mother's good books he could do nothing wrong in her eyes.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree, it was theirs to do what they chose with. I'm sure they're not short on cash but they've still had to make their own way in life.
I don’t think it was all the proceeds was it? I think it was ‘just’ what she had used when representing the Royal Family.
(Something about a staircase being withdrawn from sale because you can’t flog off royal fixtures and fittings rings a bell as well).

edit:

The Queen has insisted that items given to her sister while officially representing the Royal Family must be sold for charity. As a result, Christie's declared that 47 lots - ranging from a silver water jug donated by Bolton Borough Council to a cigar box from the King of Cambodia - would be sold to raise money for the Stroke Association.

Last edited:

Yel

My biggest takeaway from Harry's book is in-between talking about how beautiful the nature is in Africa he spoke about avoiding hippos while jet skiing. I don't think he was joking. Jet skis are annoying enough for humans!

Reactions: 10
I'm getting really sick of hearing about the coronation and there is months to go yet.

• Heart
I'm getting really sick of hearing about the coronation and there is months to go yet.
ITA especially when the journalists keep banging on about how KC3 is modernising the ceremony. “For the first time …..” Come on, there’s no been a coronation since 1952, it’s bound to be a bit different!

ITA especially when the journalists keep banging on about how KC3 is modernising the ceremony. “For the first time …..” Come on, there’s no been a coronation since 1952, it’s bound to be a bit different!
Getting to work the phrase "for the first time" into a headline has been an obsession of the Fail's for ages now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
All the celebs out in IG posting pics of their childhood in support of the shaping us campaign today. Lots of awareness but hope it has some tangible results as well.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.