The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not paying for it. I'm refuse to give him any of my money. I might try and get it on borrowbox though. I think sales will be higher. Everyone thought it was going to be more of the same and a repeat of Oprah and the documentary and the leaks have shown us it's way juicier.
Do Charity Shops still have a book rail? I’ve had a number of biographies I didn’t want to buy formally from there. The Princess Diana one was hilarious - it had obviously been through at least 3 people’s hands before mine and the margin notes and fighting was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It does make sense. If you are crewing a large yacht, particularly in racing conditions there just isn't time to leave what you are doing and go and pee daintily over the side. My husband crewed on his father's 12 metre and it damn near broke him, never mind the peeing!
Would you be happy for him to have come to his first date with you ‘fresh’ from the experience though? And then tell the world about it in a book, read in the audio version in his own voice? I cannot believe that wouldn’t be a red line for any living person. So what on earth is going on??

Reactions: 5
I'm not paying for it. I'm refuse to give him any of my money. I might try and get it on borrowbox though. I think sales will be higher. Everyone thought it was going to be more of the same and a repeat of Oprah and the documentary and the leaks have shown us it's way juicier.
Fair play to him in that regard, some autobiographies are really bigged up and then have very little new information in them. He has put a lot of TMI moments in his!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever bought book that's been serialised like this, and actually read anything of interest that hadn't already been in the press? I don't bother as I've found the good stuff is always 'leaked'

I signed up to the free audible to see if I could get it free, but I don't think Ill bother now. I've downloaded Michelle Obama's autobiography on it instead. She is a proper impressive woman with at least some sensible things to say (although her book is being serialised for free anyway on Radio 4!) I do wonder if he had second thoughts while he was reading it for the audiobook. Did he actually read that stuff back and think 'Yeah this makes me sound great!'

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sure, but would you set up a first date on such a day? Especially after they revealed in their docuseries that he very late? They made it sound as if he had a long working day and got stuck in traffic….
She was going back to America or Canada the day after tomorrow though which is why they had two dates in two days so guess they were pushed for time. Was it a private thing or was it a proper engagement he was doing on the boat? I imagine there would have been press articles around that day if he was doing it as part of his official role.

I thought there was at least one live one or one that was recorded later at least. That's a cowardly enough way to promote a book.
I think the sales are going to be off the charts for this book now because of the leak.
He's there to sell the book, not defend himself from rebuttals. It's not question time, he wants to softest interview possible

I think Penguin really have to take a share of the blame for the Taliban stuff. It’s one thing Harry spilling the beans to his ghost writer, it’s another it appearing in the final print verson.

Of course he is far too entitled … his upbringing has taken care of that.
Penguin are interested in sales.

Let's be honest nothing is gonna come from this Taliban stuff. It's just another angle for the Mail to get people frothing.

Reactions: 4
He's there to sell the book, not defend himself from rebuttals. It's not question time, he wants to softest interview possible

Penguin are interested in sales.

Let's be honest nothing is gonna come from this Taliban stuff. It's just another angle for the Mail to get people frothing.
Yes, its no secret that he was in Aganistan. He has been a target as a member of the RF and a soldier anyway. Its just brought it back up again.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever bought book that's been serialised like this, and actually read anything of interest that hadn't already been in the press? I don't bother as I've found the good stuff is always 'leaked'
It’s sometimes good to read the whole thing to get to read the good stuff in context not cherry picked, but I’m certainly not going to pay hard cash for it.

Reactions: 6
Pen Fathing has had to flee his home and the donkey sanctory and Anjem Choudary is spreading more hate using it. Stuff has already come from this and it being repeated in news across the world is endangering peoples lives right now. Lets not minimise what this has stoked up by bringing it to the headlines again!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s sometimes good to read the whole thing to get to read the good stuff in context not cherry picked, but I’m certainly not going to pay hard cash for it.
That's exactly how I feel about it. I would prefer to read some of the stories in context but I'm not going to pay for it.
I was thinking more in terms of the interviewers reputation. Like you've got Harry, one of the biggest news stories of the past week, in front of you and you don't take the chance to ask him about any of the more difficult stuff from the book or to ask him how he feels about being laughed at. That makes the interviewer look a bit weak. I suppose that's standard in a lot of the morning shows though.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps it‘s just me but I don’t see it as way juicer, I think it’s cruel, vindictive and bullying towards people he knows can’t speak out. He is everything that he says is wrong with others. He’s had a very privileged life, been spoilt rotten, never been told no, has taken drugs to the point he’s paranoid and blaming everyone else but himself and he’s married someone of the same type, who thinks nothing of causing distress to others. They are a thoroughly nasty couple and should be ashamed of themselves but clearly they’re not, they’re happy to monetise from others distress and pain. I can’t imagine the pain this must be causing those involved and would be fuming if someone did this to my loved ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is Harry really narrating an audio version? Dear God, who would listen to that tortuous drone.

• Haha
Does anybody else, rather than just hating on him, just feel it’s so unbelievably sad and tragic that a young boy experienced SO much trauma that, even with access to the very best medical care, this utter self-destruction could not be prevented? I just don’t know where he goes from here, where he CAN go. He’s had so much therapy yet here we are. It must be heartbreaking for Charles Spencer who publically vowed over Diana’s coffin to take care of her boys. I’m not blaming him; sometimes even everything isn’t enough. It’s all such a tragedy and will be awful for Archie & Lili whichever limited number of routes is taken next.

Perhaps it‘s just me but I don’t see it as way juicer, I think it’s cruel, vindictive and bullying towards people he knows can’t speak out. He is everything that he says is wrong with others. He’s had a very privileged life, been spoilt rotten, never been told no, has taken drugs to the point he’s paranoid and blaming everyone else but himself and he’s married someone of the same type, who thinks nothing of causing distress to others. They are a thoroughly nasty couple and should be ashamed of themselves but clearly they’re not, they’re happy to monetise from others distress and pain.
Well yes it's extremely nasty and exposes him as an entitled, delusional brat. Shocking would be a better word than juicy.

Reactions: 3
Does anybody else, rather than just hating on him, just feel it’s so unbelievably sad and tragic that a young boy experienced SO much trauma that, even with access to the very best medical care, this utter self-destruction could not be prevented? I just don’t know where he goes from here, where he CAN go. He’s had so much therapy yet here we are. It must be heartbreaking for Charles Spencer who publically vowed over Diana’s coffin to take care of her boys. I’m not blaming him; sometimes even everything isn’t enough. It’s all such a tragedy and will be awful for Archie & Lili whichever limited number of routes is taken next.
No, he's an entitled, whingy bleep. He could have had the world (and did tbf) but it wasn't enough because he wasn't number one. I worry the result of all this on his mental health and his children, but that's it. Yes he experienced trauma, but so do many, far more than this and don't turn out this way.

• Heart
Yep, I feel sorry for him. I feel more sorry for William though who has been through similar trauma and had had this added to it.

Mentioning Charles Spencer is a good point - I’ve seen so many people say Charles has to sort this out and I’m not sure he can. I think the most likely people to be able to help repair Harry and Williams relationship (if it’s at all possible) is the Spencer family, but directly telling Harry in no uncertain terms, this is not what Diana would have wanted.

Reactions: 4
I do feel a certain amount of pity for him too, but less so than I used to. He has definitely been enabled by various sources, and it appears anyone who dares question him gets shut out. People have to take responsibility for their own actions too, plus he wasn't the only one who went through it. In fact William had it slightly harder due to the age he was when all the books etc were released and being his mother's emotional crutch at a young age. William had to mature and fast.

Charles Spencer is all talk, he did his grandstanding at the funeral and then did very little the rest of their lives.

Reactions: 13
Having lost my only sibling, my beautiful brother who was my world when he was just 15 and I was 12, I had no help and parents who let’s just say were not the best. I finally got help when I was 21 and was told people could live to be a 100 and never go through a fraction of what I had at the age of 21 and there are many more children/people out there who have experienced far, far worse at a young age and don’t get the help they so desperately need, my heart goes out to them. So no sorry I don’t sympathise with Harold. I can’t understand how anyone could go through what he’s been through and be so cruel and vile to others. He’s a grown man and still playing the victim and when so many are going through hell and haven’t had the privileges he’s had in life and they wouldn’t dream of behaving as he is, let alone profiting from it.
I think he’s a thoroughly horrible person, happy to inflict pain on others without a care about their mental health/welfare because the only person that matters to Harold is him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Looking to the future, I'm not sure Harry and Meghan have done themselves any favours. Who is going to want to work with them when they throw such public tantrums when they don't get their way? If meghan does want public office, how could they be trusted with a career in politics considering all the deals and backstabbing that goes on in politics.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.