The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He mentioned meetings about potentially moving to Africa and New Zealand but it did all seem pretty vague.
I remember there being a fuss about security at the time. If they had actually been in contact with officials in either country then it could have leaked from anywhere.
I don't think that the RF would have seen the leaking of those plans as a benefit either. Their usual approach would be to carry on as if there are no problems - they wouldn't have wanted speculation about Harry leaving in the papers. I don't think they wanted him to go at all. Harry seemed to be suggesting that the fact the stories were leaked meant he couldn't go to those countries as if they were leaking the stories to trap him in the UK but there was nothing stopping him from going to NZ or Africa even after the stories came out. He's too vague and illogical to be believable.
I believe that William had a hand in the bullying allegations coming to light but that was well after they left. Apart from that I don't know what William is supposed to have leaked. A lot of the negative stories were about things that were public knowledge or came from a member of the public e.g. the baby shower, Meghan clearing all the seats around her in Wimbledon, the secrecy around Archie, telling some guy who turned out to be taking a selfie not to take photos of her, telling the neighbours in Windsor not to approach them etc. He needs to take some responsibility for what happened too.

Reactions: 8
There is an issue with tabloid culture in Britain but it's not a uniquely British phenomenon. The tabloids in America are just as bad and have printed very negative stories about Harry and Meghan too.
Not disagreeing entirely, but the Daily Mail really inhabits its own planet in that regard!

it's over 400 pages too
An Oprah interview, 2 magazine features, a 6 hour documentary, a 400 page memoir plus press tour... these 2 really think they are something else, eh? I don't think I could stomach listening to that much from ACTUALLY interesting and accomplished people I like, damn.

Reactions: 13
I remember there being a fuss about security at the time. If they had actually been in contact with officials in either country then it could have leaked from anywhere.
I don't think that the RF would have seen the leaking of those plans as a benefit either. Their usual approach would be to carry on as if there are no problems - they wouldn't have wanted speculation about Harry leaving in the papers. I don't think they wanted him to go at all. Harry seemed to be suggesting that the fact the stories were leaked meant he couldn't go to those countries as if they were leaking the stories to trap him in the UK but there was nothing stopping him from going to NZ or Africa even after the stories came out. He's too vague and illogical to be believable.
I believe that William had a hand in the bullying allegations coming to light but that was well after they left. Apart from that I don't know what William is supposed to have leaked. A lot of the negative stories were about things that were public knowledge or came from a member of the public e.g. the baby shower, Meghan clearing all the seats around her in Wimbledon, the secrecy around Archie, telling some guy who turned out to be taking a selfie not to take photos of her, telling the neighbours in Windsor not to approach them etc. He needs to take some responsibility for what happened too.
They never wanted to go to NZ or Africa. They had the Netflix deal locked in well before they even mentioned leaving to TRF. Why the hell would they be filming what was their all-time lowest moment? This was v well played by Harry and Meghan. I cannot believe people aren’t questioning this like mad.

Reactions: 14
It is obvious there is /has been some exchange of information on both sides (even if no comment). How much, what is denied or confirmed and by who will never be clear as the media want the views, either way stop reacting to everything and the press will have nothing new to talk about.

Reactions: 5
They never wanted to go to NZ or Africa. They had the Netflix deal locked in well before they even mentioned leaving to TRF. Why the hell would they be filming what was their all-time lowest moment? This was v well played by Harry and Meghan. I cannot believe people aren’t questioning this like mad.
I can't imagine them in NZ or Africa either. I wouldn't be surprised if they leaked those stories themselves.

Reactions: 4
The Guardian have a leaked copy apparently.
they are leading with a very unedifying tale of fisticuffs between William and Harry, or, as Harry describes it - William attacking him, breaking his necklace and a dog bowl.

I can’t see a way back in the near future.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Oooh er missus

Screenshot_20230105_013821.jpg

At least this solves the mystery of what happened to that hippy necklace he always used to wear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
They have not dared to put themselves in front of a reputable interviewer/journalist yet, only ass kissers who are happy to trade their credibility for publicity.

Reactions: 17
The Guardian have a leaked copy apparently.
they are leading with a very unedifying tale of fisticuffs between William and Harry, or, as Harry describes it - William attacking him, breaking his necklace and a dog bowl.

I can’t see a way back in the near future.
Or ever at this point.

Reactions: 4
That story reads like total nonsense.

They lie so brazenly that I never believe a word either of them say.

Reactions: 10
I love the fact he immediately rang his therapist, but couldn't be arsed when his wife was suicidal.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Harry, ex military man, allegedly wrestled to the floor with such force that a dog bowl was broken and stabbed into his back? And the fight was over Meghan - no, being the spare - no, Meghan? And that Harry was a very big brave boy who refused to hit him back and got his beloved "Willy" a glass of water and that "Willy" said that Meghan didn't need to know?

I hope this is some false leak. If not, Harry's never learned that adding weird extra detail to a lie makes it far less believable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is just all really sad tbh.

I don’t doubt that it’s ‘true’, because a publisher would not go to print with such claims if the basic facts were unsubstantiated. However, the details of the fight and the things said seem unclear, (as is consistent with Harry’s retellings) but who knows what happened. It wouldn’t surprise me if William had anger issues, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Harry did either.

It’s a huge institutional failure that more effort was not put into cultivating a non-toxic dynamic among the family and at least trying to raise people of good character who can represent their country decently well… I’m including William in that, and tbh most of TRF.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It's basically impossible to substantiate a situation where only two people were actually present, isn't it? Harry can say he called his therapist right away and told them everything, he can claim he told Meghan, but in the end, unless he was filming, there's no way to know what happened for real.

I find it super cowardly the way Harry's going about it all. He's "telling his story" and pretending that's so brave but what's brave about telling a tale about counterparts that can't retaliate or refute or in any way engage? There's just no way the Wales household will put out a statement saying "The Prince of Wales did not in fact engage in fisticuffs with the Duke of Sussex." "No, the ugly necklace just fell to pieces from rotting old age.." "No, the dog bowl never existed, what dog?" Actually, didn't Meghan leave her dogs back in the US? Anyway, my point is, there's nothing brave in publicly talking about events - to Oprah, Netflix, and now in a book - involving others when the others can't reciprocate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's basically impossible to substantiate a situation where only two people were actually present, isn't it? Harry can say he called his therapist right away and told them everything, he can claim he told Meghan, but in the end, unless he was filming, there's no way to know what happened for real.
You’re right that without a recording, we don’t know the real story. Maybe that’s why Harry filmed everything when they left.

The whole situation is really sad. I can’t imagine my own family acting this way.

I think it's better to get the info from source by watching the documentary or reading the book rather than getting it from tabloid headlines but I'm not willing to put in the time and effort required to read a book whereas it was very easy to lie on the couch and watch the documentary. You'll have to update us all!
Yeah, I prefer getting information straight from the source too. Primary sources are always more valuable than secondhand tidbits. Yes, there’s bias, but at least it’s clear. And they’re accountable for what they say in a way the tabloids aren’t.

Happy to update anyone who’s interested, I’m already an audible member and I have a long commute so I have the time and credits to listen to the whole thing 😆

Reactions: 6
If that is the content, they've not timed this well. If they'd made these accusations immediately post-Oprash interview they'd have made a real blow, and the silence of the royal family under the Queen would have been taken as guilt.
Given the way public opinion has now turned, and with the claim it was unprovoked but during a verbal altercation about Meghan, with claims of William apparently repeating the media viewpoints, it's not going to be as unquestioned.

If the RF were feeding the media opinion, why were they then apparently swayed by the media? With the bullying allegations against Meghan now public, how did they play into any discussion? Even accepting anger issues, a sudden physical attack when the verbal outburst had been calmed feels like the story is missing elements.

They really needed to make these accusations before the bullying accusations were made public for them to get widespread public support. And any resentment apparently evident in the book around his "spare" status (as is being reported) would have read as less petty while written by the favourite grandchild of the monarch, rather than the son angry to be financially cut off by the new monarch.

Bad PR planning, honestly.

If this is all the guardian has leaked. It this the most exciting bit of the book?

I said in the h&m thread. But I'll say here too, it can't be proven either way if William did push him or not.

It's another claim with nothing to back it up.

When was it realesed in the uk? Was it late/night?

Do ya think someone went and woke up king charles and prince william?

I wonder how that works.

Reactions: 11
It's strange how H&M always seem to go after the next in line and never the ruling monarch of the time 🤔💰💰

Reactions: 14
All brothers fight in some way at some point, even if they don’t talk about it openly. I don’t think it puts either man in good light but it definitely sounds like there is more to the story. The more that comes out the more I think Charles needs to step in and tell them to either sort their tit out or cut each other from each other’s lives forever, just like his mother told him and Diana to divorce. Someone should’ve stepped in years ago when they were teenagers. I’m not sure when William’s anger issues started but I expect the grief and anger at the press did a number on him. There is jealousy and anger on both sides. Deep down William must wish he had the ability to live a carefree life like Harry without the weight and responsibility on his shoulders. Sometimes he looks very stressed and concerned.

What’s with the Harold nickname though? Harry was born Henry. Unless it was a private family nickname like Lilibet?? Wasn’t William called Wills by family or was that just by Diana?

I find it super cowardly the way Harry's going about it all. He's "telling his story" and pretending that's so brave but what's brave about telling a tale about counterparts that can't retaliate or refute or in any way engage? There's just no way the Wales household will put out a statement saying "The Prince of Wales did not in fact engage in fisticuffs with the Duke of Sussex." "No, the ugly necklace just fell to pieces from rotting old age.." "No, the dog bowl never existed, what dog?" Actually, didn't Meghan leave her dogs back in the US? Anyway, my point is, there's nothing brave in publicly talking about events - to Oprah, Netflix, and now in a book - involving others when the others can't reciprocate.
Re the dog: I did some Googling and Meghan brought the beagle (Guy) to London with her but left he other dog in America.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.