The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt that going by Prince Philip’s racist comments, even Harry was embroiled in racial controversy, it must be the norm behind the palace walls.
This is what I think. People are falling over themselves to prove that aristocrats and Royalty, who are born into privilege and who's entire existence and position is based on them being superior based on their class could not possibly feel superior to people who were not one of them. There have been account after account of these dinosaurs at the Palace, yet it is apparently always the fault of other people that they cant be decent and respectful to people they come across who do jot share their very specific background.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Taz has further evidence to add m'lud....
I usually don't watch these kind of videos, but she made a few good points:
- why did NF go there if she doesn't like the BRF?
- why did NF not say to SH that she was uncomfortable or offended?
- why is her only witness also anti-monarchy?
- why would she wear an African dress and change her name from Marlene to Ngosi if she did not want to talk about her heritage?

I mean, really … seriously … she could steer a conversation she didn’t know she was going to have with a person she didn’t know from Adam … did she walk away twirling a <non existent> moustache with a *mwah hahahaha* because if she did she is wasted doing what she’s doing.
Yes, that's possible, that is what manipulators do and also sales people.

And seriously, why did she say "Hackney" first - when this is where her office is based?
Do you really think she didn't understand what the question was?
It seems like she was playing this conversation to some extend. That is what it looks like to me (my opinion).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What do we think of Kate’s looks so far?
View attachment 1774998
From left to right she’s wearing: Alexander McQueen suit, Alexander McQueen coat (which looks blue or green depending on the light in some photos), a tartan Burberry dress underneath with a Mulberry bag and finally a vintage 1995 blue Chanel jacket.

I’ve read online that the Wales’ press people aren’t going to release her outfit details anymore as they don’t wish the focus to be on her clothing which is a) stupid and b) very stupid. Does anyone know anymore?

Personally love the Chanel jacket and gold accessories and a fan on the McQueen trouser suit. The Burberry dress is good in that the asymmetrical draping gives her a waist and she’s less up and down but I also think the draping style looks messy. If it was a solid black or green I think they would have looked better.
Kate should wear trousers more often. She looks great in them, and in jeans.

Princess Di was a fan of jeans and chinos for informal occasions, even though we always think of her in dresses.

Reactions: 7
Yes, you are overlooking something.

As you’ve mentioned, it focuses on a marginalised group which is institutionally discriminated against. There are plenty of other charities that would be able to help other groups outside of this. Positive discrimination isn’t racist, it leans into the fact that there are nuances that come from being black that other charities may have less experience with, alongside the understanding that many white charities may miss with black women. Think about things such as medical racism. Those issues would be pertinent here.

In the case of a bi-racial person seeking help from SS, I personally think that it’s wrong that they were turned away as they would face many of the same issues and nuances a black woman would, but I also understand the argument that a half white woman would much more advantage in the western world due to proximity to whiteness, and so the charity wants to focus on those without that privilege. Hope that makes sense.
It doesn't make sense to me entirely.

The first paragraph I agree with, I had outlined the same. Positive discrimination is legal and it focuses on marginalised groups.

The second argument is not so clear to me. In this acute situation a bi-racial woman has been disadvantaged because of her race (bi-racial), so it appears to be negative discrimination. There is no evidence that bi-racial women have a bigger advantage due to their "proximity to whiteness", on the contrary, it is said that they often fall through the cracks (even Meghan spoke about this) and are even more marginalised. This woman was turned away on the basis of her race, which caused her to be disadvantaged (as opposed to obtaining an advantage, as with positive discrimination).

I also don't understand why they turn a woman in need away. Seems not very charitable to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is what I think. People are falling over themselves to prove that aristocrats and Royalty, who are born into privilege and who's entire existence and position is based on them being superior based on their class could not possibly feel superior to people who were not one of them. There have been account after account of these dinosaurs at the Palace, yet it is apparently always the fault of other people that they cant be decent and respectful to people they come across who do jot share their very specific background.
You can't blame them for feeling superior when thay've been treated like that their entire life , how would you feel if you had people curtsy ,military parades in your honour ,thousands of people cheer and wave flags as you pass 🤷‍♀️ it's ridiculous to think they'd feel or act like working class people or have anything in common ,it's a 24/7 privileged position that the public gave them .

Reactions: 3
I have no time for either Hussey or Ngozi. Both distasteful in different ways. Hussey, given her background and numerous Commonwealth visits, should have known better...but we only have Ngozi's "truth". There's always a certain amount of embellishment that goes on when the other person doesn't have the right of reply.

Reactions: 11
I hate to break it to you but Cliff Richard isn’t his real name. And Elton John is actually called Reg!
What’s your bleeping point?
I hope that Elton wasn't offended if asked "what do you do"?
Elton: I am standing around, chatting.
Person: No, what do you DO!
Elton: I am doing nothing, breathing, chatting.
Person: No, WHAT do you DO!
Elton: I am a singer.
Person: Here we go, a pop star. I knew it when I read "Elton" on the name tag.

On a more serious note:
I think the "effing" point was that it is strange that she uses her African middle name instead of her British first name and is then offended when asked about her heritage. I find this a bit strange as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hate to break it to you but Cliff Richard isn’t his real name. And Elton John is actually called Reg!
What’s your bleeping point?
She's a race baiting ethnic costume wearing appropriator and soon to be outed for embezzlement from her "charity" 👊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Will the real ngozi please stand up?
That isn't her real name 💣💣💣
There have been several Caribbean descent people who have changed their names to African names, because of the slavery connotations of have 'western' names and surnames of slave owners.

Reactions: 11
It doesn't make sense to me entirely.

The first paragraph I agree with, I had outlined the same. Positive discrimination is legal and it focuses on marginalised groups.

The second argument is not so clear to me. In this acute situation a bi-racial woman has been disadvantaged because of her race (bi-racial), so it appears to be negative discrimination. There is no evidence that bi-racial women have a bigger advantage due to their "proximity to whiteness", on the contrary, it is said that they often fall through the cracks (even Meghan spoke about this) and are even more marginalised. This woman was turned away on the basis of her race, which caused her to be disadvantaged (as opposed to obtaining an advantage, as with positive discrimination).

I also don't understand why they turn a woman in need away. Seems not very charitable to me.
Again I agree that biracial women often fall through the cracks but the argument is that they need to focus on the most marginalised because they only have so many resources.

They do have advantages due to their proximity to whiteness. That is what colourism is all about. Even Meghan touched upon how society views her as opposed to someone like Serena Williams.

Your last point counteracts your first though. They’re turning away because they’re focusing on other women in need. The argument is that they’re focusing on people that are usually left behind, if they do away with that practice they’re doing a disservice to those initial people, no?

Reactions: 9
I have no time for either Hussey or Ngozi. Both distasteful in different ways. Hussey, given her background and numerous Commonwealth visits, should have known better...but we only have Ngozi's "truth". There's always a certain amount of embellishment that goes on when the other person doesn't have the right of reply.
She may be an unpleasant person or whatever but the conversation was witnessed/overheard by several people who are not connected to her, including a Tory MP, all of whom felt uncomfortable about it. This has been mentioned several times on this and the previous thread so it's simply not true to say that we only have her truth.

Also, if Lady Hussey was the household mentor for Meghan, this opens up that old can of worms again about racism against Meghan in the Royal Household.

If you simply take the conversation content out of it, it has never been polite to badger guests about subjects they clearly don't want to talk about, regardless of the subject. Lady Hussey was there as a Lady of the Household whose role was in essence an assistant host and she failed dismally.

I doubt that Lady Hussey will suffer any financial worries, given that her role since 1960 has always been unpaid and purely honorary. Personally, rather than relying on unpaid friends or whatever, the royals would be better off simply paying for professional PAs and whinge or whatever to friends at home later.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Again I agree that biracial women often fall through the cracks but the argument is that they need to focus on the most marginalised because they only have so many resources.

They do have advantages due to their proximity to whiteness. That is what colourism is all about. Even Meghan touched upon how society views her as opposed to someone like Serena Williams.

Your last point counteracts your first though. They’re turning away because they’re focusing on other women in need. The argument is that they’re focusing on people that are usually left behind, if they do away with that practice they’re doing a disservice to those initial people, no?
No, I think from a legal perspective the argument of marginalised communities cannot be employed when they are disadvantaging other marginalised groups - especially if those groups (bi-racial) are closely linked to the supported group (black) and three is limited data as to whether bi-racial women really are more privileged and especially in the context of DV.

She may be an unpleasant person or whatever but the conversation was witnessed/overheard by several people who are not connected to her, including a Tory MP, all of whom felt uncomfortable about it. This has been mentioned several times on this and the previous thread so it's simply not true to say that we only have her truth.
I thought the MP was also asked about this background, but at a different event?

do you have a source of the different people that overheard the conversation (asking out of curiosity). Thank you :)

Reactions: 2
No, I think from a legal perspective the argument of marginalised communities cannot be employed when they are disadvantaging other marginalised groups - especially if those groups (bi-racial) are closely linked to the supported group (black) and three is limited data as to whether bi-racial women really are more privileged and especially in the context of DV.
But they’re not disadvantaging other groups? There are many DV support charities that can be utilised, they are just choosing to focus effort and resources in a specific place?
Like for instance, charities that specifically look to house homeless LGBT youth due to the nuances of their situations as opposed to just homeless young people?

Reactions: 6
So the royals are really to blame as they’ve stood by this behaviour , LH saw nothing wrong with her conversation .

So the Daily Mail is actively implying that it is racist to ask about someone's heritage. I suppose they will be saying that Black History Month is racist too next. Golly. Freedom of speech is important people.

Reactions: 5

I thought the MP was also asked about this background, but at a different event?

do you have a source of the different people that overheard the conversation (asking out of curiosity). Thank you :)
Google. It's amazing how many sources one can pull up.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.