The Royal Family #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have lots of family in the US who wonder why there’s such a big deal made of H&M. Apparently nobody is bothered about them over there and many don’t even know them. Well the general public anyway.
I think that's what they are finding out. the only time there is any interest in them is when they're talking about TRF. When they are doing any of their 'worthy' stuff no ones pays any attention. That's why Harry is backtracking on his book They're finding out Netflix only want them for TRH stuff. The only reason anyone is listening to Meghan's podcast is because they're waiting to see what she says about TRF.

Reactions: 6
Just to give a perspective from outside UK about how Harry and meghan are seen,to me they seem they are being hounded by "the firm" and the UK press,in cahoots,like always.
The very same people who hounded his mother until the day she died.
IMO William and that conniving battle axe kate is behind most of it.
Maybe none of this would have happened if meghan just let lady Kate dictate about meghans wedding like she tried to do with the flower girls tights that started it all.
Diana was also in cahoots with the press, it’s thought the last person she spoke to was a Daily Mail journalist. The press are the go between for these people most of the time with both sides leaking. The press went after Harry and Meghan more on their own accord because they were fresh meat and they continually did stupid and cringeworthy things to write about.

Saying those girls need to wear tights with brand new leather shoes isn’t dictating a wedding, it’s stopping little girls being in pain and getting blisters. The fact they didn’t even wear socks is insane. That just seemed to back up all these stories of people tried to give Meghan help but she took it as offensive, thought she was always right and kicked off.

Reactions: 16
Diana was also in cahoots with the press, it’s thought the last person she spoke to was a Daily Mail journalist. The press are the go between for these people most of the time with both sides leaking. The press went after Harry and Meghan more on their own accord because they were fresh meat and they continually did stupid and cringeworthy things to write about.

Saying those girls need to wear tights with brand new leather shoes isn’t dictating a wedding, it’s stopping little girls being in pain and getting blisters. The fact they didn’t even wear socks is insane. That just seemed to back up all these stories of people tried to give Meghan help but she took it as offensive, thought she was always right and kicked off.
But Kate wasn't wanting the kids to wear socks,she wanted them to wear tights,like at hers.
Protocol and all that.
Even if we put the specifics of that spat aside,what about the narrative put out about it?
First we heard about it it was meghan who made Kate cry,which wasn't true.
Kate and the firm were made for each other.
Just to be clear I don't like smeg at all but I like that lady Kate even less.
She and her mother had their eyes on the prize all along.

Reactions: 7
But Kate wasn't wanting the kids to wear socks,she wanted them to wear tights,like at hers.
Protocol and all that.
Even if we put the specifics of that spat aside,what about the narrative put out about it?
You might be confused because of terminology. By 'tights' we don't mean pantyhose/stockings, and I very much doubt Kate did either. I am almost certain she was thinking of tights like Eugenie's flower girls are wearing:

Reactions: 7
I know this rumour surfaces from time to time but now a man has identified himself as a victim of alleged abuse.
Deceased royal Lord Mountbatten set to be named in court as alleged child abuser

That's behind a pay wall unfortunately.
I'll go have look and see is any other reports up.
Surely bbc give this a mention?
I know the fbi released their old files on him from the war days under FOI that made same claims about him

You might be confused because of terminology. By tights we don't mean pantyhose/stockings, and I doubt Kate did either. I am almost certain she was thinking of little girl tights. Like these (though probably in white).

Like Eugenie's flower girls are wearing:
Yes I meant little girl tights.
My point was it had nothing to do with Kate,this was smegs wedding.
Plus the narrative afterwards

Reactions: 5
I think Kate was helping. Telling Meghan what protocol was and what would be expected. Meghan was quick to complain no one explained how things worked but when people gave her advice she didn’t want to hear it

Reactions: 21
Plus the narrative afterwards
But having the girls wear those sorts of tights isn't about protocol, it's for their comfort with those dreadfully stiff wedding shoes. That's what @hannah123 was pointing out. Meghan's wedding or not, I imagine Kate was just concerned for her daughters feet. 🤷‍♀️

Edited to add, I don't actually think either one of them cried during this 'incident' or whatever. It was just a disagreement over tights, which is, in the scheme of things, not important. :LOL:

Reactions: 2
I think there have been 4 enquiries into Kincora with a wishy washy outcome. This goes much deeper than Mountbatten but his relationship and alleged association there should be fully scrutinised.
Dark. There should probably be a thread on the topic.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think there have been 4 enquiries into Kincora with a wishy washy outcome. This goes much deeper than Mountbatten but his relationship and alleged association there should be fully scrutinised.
Dark. There should probably be a thread on the topic.
It should be examined as with all other cases but I do fear for anything that indicates Mountbatten was involved as he was very close to KC3 who would be devasted by any crude " truths " being exposed.

Reactions: 3
It should be examined as with all other cases but I do fear for anything that indicates Mountbatten was involved as he was very close to KC3 who would be devasted by any crude " truths " being exposed.
Well we can't have him devastated I suppose.

Reactions: 9
Protocol and all that.
She wanted them to wear tights because leather buckled shoes rub against the feet, especially in hot sweaty weather. Wearing tights or socks stops them getting blisters. They’re a standard school girl shoe, anyone that has a little girl in the family would know they need tights or socks.

None of us know the real narrative, we can all choose which we believe, I don’t think either cried, I think both likely got heated because Meghan thought Kate was telling her what to do and Kate thought Meghan was ignoring her out of spite.

Reactions: 11
Just to give a perspective from outside UK about how Harry and meghan are seen,to me they seem they are being hounded by "the firm" and the UK press,in cahoots,like always.
The very same people who hounded his mother until the day she died.
IMO William and that conniving battle axe kate is behind most of it.
Maybe none of this would have happened if meghan just let lady Kate dictate about meghans wedding like she tried to do with the flower girls tights that started it all.
It's interesting to hear how different people from around the world see it. The British press is so loud and full of toxicity that it's easy to forget they are only speaking for a small percentage of people.

I'm from a Commonwealth country. I am sorry if my comment offends anyone but it seemed that no one cared that the Queen died here. There was an hour long news segment on the day of her death and a livestream of the funeral and that was it. My colleagues and friends are mostly postgraduate-level educated early-mid 30s professional who are very aware of world events and keep abreast of current affairs but no one, bar 1, brought it up. Neither did the older persons who were born prior to the country becoming independent. The prevailing sentiment on social media was also indifference tbh. BUT, going by the UK, AUS and a small % of the US press, you would think that the entire world all felt the same.

Anyway, my long-winded point is most of the world simply don't care. People in my country are also indifferent to Meghan and Harry. Most don't know who they are and those that do tend to be more sympathetic than the British media.

She wanted them to wear tights because leather buckled shoes rub against the feet, especially in hot sweaty weather. Wearing tights or socks stops them getting blisters. They’re a standard school girl shoe, anyone that has a little girl in the family would know they need tights or socks.

None of us know the real narrative, we can all choose which we believe, I don’t think either cried, I think both likely got heated because Meghan thought Kate was telling her what to do and Kate thought Meghan was ignoring her out of spite.
I was told Kate cried as she'd not long given birth. Never had children myself but have heard you can cry easily after giving birth. Hormones/tiredness etc.

Reactions: 4
I can see them both getting annoyed and having a personality clash, but Kate is made of ice I don’t care what anyone says. She didn’t get to where she is within the RF - and the public without being hard as nails. I’m old enough to remember vividly her being chased and her car surrounded by paps when she first left university.

There’s no way someone who has the lived experience Kate has is crying over some tights at a wedding that isn’t hers.

Reactions: 14
I think it’s clear at this point that Kate didn’t cry and Meghan did. Who was in the ‘right’, however? We don’t know because the weird thing about this story is that while it’s been talked about a lot, no one seems to have the actual details about what exactly happened lol. It is such a strange story in that sense because it’s low stakes and yet no one can get to the basics of it.

What we do know is that both women had reason to be stressed or to not be themselves. Kate had just given birth, and Meghan in the lead-up to a big wedding and family issues going public, etc.

Add to that the fact that a long day of wedding prep (and with children!) can cause people to snap at each other or find themselves getting overly emotional. I don’t think either M or K is some evil shrew but I can believe that one or both of them got annoying that day.

I’m also in a Commonwealth country and flags flew at half mast the day of the funeral. People always tend to ask where I’m from and proceeded to offer me ‘condolences on the death of your Queen’, which was sweet

Reactions: 5
It's interesting to hear how different people from around the world see it. The British press is so loud and full of toxicity that it's easy to forget they are only speaking for a small percentage of people.

I'm from a Commonwealth country. I am sorry if my comment offends anyone but it seemed that no one cared that the Queen died here. There was an hour long news segment on the day of her death and a livestream of the funeral and that was it. My colleagues and friends are mostly postgraduate-level educated early-mid 30s professional who are very aware of world events and keep abreast of current affairs but no one, bar 1, brought it up. Neither did the older persons who were born prior to the country becoming independent. The prevailing sentiment on social media was also indifference tbh. BUT, going by the UK, AUS and a small % of the US press, you would think that the entire world all felt the same.

Anyway, my long-winded point is most of the world simply don't care. People in my country are also indifferent to Meghan and Harry. Most don't know who they are and those that do tend to be more sympathetic than the British media.
I think to be honest, not that many people care in this country amongst the under 40's, and for the ones that do, it is in a Soap Opera way. When you see the amount of people saying they won't accept Camilla as Queen, or that Charles should pass The Crown to William, they clearly don't understand what Monarchy is. No one cares if, in their own house they don't call Camilla Queen. She is Queen, and she will be crowned as Queen. She was also Princess of Wales. And Charles is King, and William after him. Again, no choice and no say. There are a huge number of people who don't know who the members of the Royal family are, even in this country, and don't care.

I can see them both getting annoyed and having a personality clash, but Kate is made of ice I don’t care what anyone says. She didn’t get to where she is within the RF - and the public without being hard as nails. I’m old enough to remember vividly her being chased and her car surrounded by paps when she first left university.

There’s no way someone who has the lived experience Kate has is crying over some tights at a wedding that isn’t hers.
I agree she is made of ice, and she has moulded herself into exactly what the Royals want her to be. She will never deviate or do anything that will jeopardise her or her family's status. The tights story is so ridiculous. Weddings are stressful. Two grown women arguing the toss 4 years later about who cried in the run up to a wedding is utterly ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Is your country a Commonwealth realm still? If not, little surprise. I doubt most of Britain would care when your President or monarch died either

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.