The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like the Queen, a stickler for tradition, would countenance that. I am also unsure about the relationship between Diana and Andrew. Once cordial, later on may have turned frosty. I am basing that on an anecdote told by Denise Welsh no less, who has no time for Andrew. She has repeated this several times. Not long after Diana’s death, Andrew held a charity lunch at Buck P to which Denise and her then husband Tim Healey were invited. Andrew was very disparaging about Diana - Denise never repeated what he said but it was something disrespectful particularly so soon after her death. Denise took him to task on it in her forthright way. Andrew left the room, before leaving he put his hand on Tim Henley’s shoulder and said, rather you than me, sir - obviously faux sympathy at Tim being married to Denise. She has a gob on her but I believe her when she said he was disparaging about Diana. So no love lost between D and A at time of death.
I have thought for a long time that it was Andrew who speculated on the possible skin colour of Archie. He's completely tone deaf. In addition, before his disgrace, he was said to use phrases like 'the n****r in the woodpile" at meetings and "you people" to people of colour.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I honestly think the skin colour thing was no more than is he going to be a redhead with extremely pale skin or is he going to take after his mother with no sense of disparaging either outcome. Lots of families do it. A blonde parent with blue eyes and a brunette with brown eyes etc. I don’t think it was an inherently racist comment. M&H chose to interpret it as such. Obviously I don’t know the exact words used but..

Reactions: 30
I honestly think the skin colour thing was no more than is he going to be a redhead with extremely pale skin or is he going to take after his mother with no sense of disparaging either outcome. Lots of families do it. A blonde parent with blue eyes and a brunette with brown eyes etc. I don’t think it was an inherently racist comment. M&H chose to interpret it as such. Obviously I don’t know the exact words used but..
Im white and my husband is black. We would have this conversation with our families all the time before our first child was born, wondering what tone of skin they’d have 🥰
Wouldn’t have crossed my mind to interpret it as racist

Reactions: 33
I have thought for a long time that it was Andrew who speculated on the possible skin colour of Archie. He's completely tone deaf. In addition, before his disgrace, he was said to use phrases like 'the n****r in the woodpile" at meetings and "you people" to people of colour.
They'd have thrown him to the wolves if that was the case.

Reactions: 2
Im white and my husband is black. We would have this conversation with our families all the time before our first child was born, wondering what tone of skin they’d have 🥰
To be fair with H&M you've got a white ginger and someone who is mixed race ... there's a fair amount going on there gene wise. 🤣

My husband is really dark, swarthy European looking and I'm white, of Irish decent with a hint of ginger running through the family. We had the same discussions. His genes won btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I would Witchellate that there will be a couple of hefty inheritances winging their way to a number of people from Philip and now The Queen. Not that we’ll ever know due to will sealage.
Maybe at least one of the many people on this thread will still be alive in 2111 for when Philips will is made public.

Although their mind maybe gone! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To be fair, without knowing the person involved it’s difficult to say either way.
Some people you can have that conversation with without any side to it at all … others you can’t.

Reactions: 8
I think having conversations with the parents both there in a ' I wonder what they will look like' sense is different to a conversation with neither parent or the white parent about how dark child is going to be. It sounds like something that was said with neither of them present, or amongst other members of the family or courtiers. Maybe it was harmless or tasteless 'joking' but was taken the wrong way by Harry. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that a family surrounded by privilege, an extremely small social circle and who lives according to hereditary principles and suitable bloodlines,who are somewhat hostile to outsiders anyway could possibly either not like the idea of a mixed race child in the family, or use it as an argument to try and persuade someone not to marry someone if everything else they had said had not worked ( because it never does)

Reactions: 18
There’s an article in today’s DM about the dress Sophie wore to the funeral, being hand embroidered. Surely that wasn’t done in 10 days, in amongst the grief and processions?!

Reactions: 4
There’s an article in today’s DM about the dress Sophie wore to the funeral, being hand embroidered. Surely that wasn’t done in 10 days, in amongst the grief and processions?!
I thought the same thing.

Reactions: 2
Would Meghans parents not have had a similar conversation? Kim Kardashian (Lol) did before North was born and it was broadcast on their show, I thought little about it.
But M&H made it sound like they were the worst racists ever. Which...... certain members weren't known for being PC.

Reactions: 9
Given the event was...well, going to happen at some point, I wonder if she and the designer had it planned/the fabric embroidered already?

Susannah London also make lots of Sophie's clothes so they'd have her current measurements and be able to make any last minute adjustments if necessary. I really like the retro style of stuff they do. it suits her.

Reactions: 13
You know the flag colour that Charles laid on the coffin? The company that made that said they were contacted and asked to make it earlier this year. I think the Queen definitely had a terminal illness and they all knew the funeral would be this year or next.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.