The Royal Family #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one I saw yesterday wasn’t saying that, it was along the lines of they hoped Harry realised what he put the Queen through - not massively unsavoury in my opinion but to others I guess it could be.
Probably because it was posted right in the middle of the Queens funeral? There’s a time and a place and I think most people posting on the thread yesterday would have felt the timing was extremely disrespectful not only to the Queen but to everyone using the thread to share their grief and emotions surrounding the funeral too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's because of tradition that only the male can pass on titles. Anne isn't so couldn't. Nothing to do with them "living a normal life"

No, it's because titles can only be passed down by males
If titles could only be passed down by males none of the Queen’s children would have them would they? Anne opted out, it’s a well known thing.

Reactions: 14
Fergie was close to the Queen, she still lives with Andrew in his house in Windsor.

I’m sure their Dad was comforting them ❤
It was super odd...andrew bailed from the windsor comittal ceremony in the third car i think. On his own. U could see the Wessexes double looking . Its like him (and tw) were firious about the privilage quote from the priest.

Reactions: 2
From everything I have read online (I appreciate this may not be correct obviously) apparently Mark Phillips turned down an earldom in the 70s and it sounds like it was a conscious decision not to pass on titles. Princess Anne has spoken about it and said she felt it was the right thing to do.

Similar with Sophie and Edward, Sophie said in an interview in 2007 she felt titles would hold them back when they’ve tried to raise them with the understanding they’ll have to work.

I have to say I don’t blame any of them when you see the angst that goes on with the others!

Reactions: 5
Anne definitely turned down the titles. They weren’t entitled to “Prince” and “Princess” as they weren’t born to a Son of the heir, but they could have been a Lord/ Lady.

This article quotes Anne as essentially saying, they aren’t Royals, they’re just related to them. Titles come with constraints too and she wanted them to live normal lives.

Reactions: 5
I don't think the Queen was petty either and I think she wanted peace in the family and would ignore a lot to have it. She was known for being averse to conflict. She also knew she was coming to the end of her life and I think she wanted to go on good terms with all her family.

But I also don't think that she fully supported all their decisions. She must have been hurt by everything they said about her family and the institution of the monarchy. She was the head of it. There's no way she was able to just shrug that off. Harry more or less said Charles parented him badly because that's the way he'd been parented. What grandparent wouldn't find that hurtful. The Queen was never going to come out and tell us her real opinion on their behaviour. I think she couldn't understand that they couldn't just ignore the negative articles and ride it out but I do think she understood the modern media as well as any if the rest of us. She couldn't give them half in half out either - you can't use a publicly funded position in the UK to boost your profile for commercial endeavours in the US.
Although Charles said exactly the same about how he had been parented in his official biography and everyone seemed to get over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.