Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilu22

VIP Member
0B7F725E-E461-4F6C-8CE3-C970301BC2D1.jpeg

Oh look at their stumpy little legs and pointy ears! I just want to give them tummy rubs and feed them treats all day!😍

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Lilu22

VIP Member
All I can think about in this part of the chapel is the image of The Queen sitting all alone at Philip’s funeral 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I’ve not been able to keep up with the thread.

I was thinking about how much work must have went on genuinely behind the scenes to make sure everything was safe today. It must be such a huge security risk to have so many people, including heads of states, gathered together.

We‘ll never know who they are, or what they had to do, but it must have taken a lot of work to make it run so smoothly.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

malibu skies

VIP Member
I’m sorry to jump in with all my gloominess but I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this. I kept it together (within reason) all day and now I’m crying my eyes out because of a drawing on Instagram of HMTQ being welcomed by her parents and sister, and all I can think about it how much she must have missed them, given that they’ve all been gone for so long.
I know that everyone loses family members, and some outlive their families by a much longer amount of time, but I hope she never felt alone, especially after losing Philip.

This then sent me down a rabbit hole of crying because of all the old people who might be lonely.

It was the photos of the pony and corgis that did it, I was fine until then 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I find the hip hip hooraying very wrong it’s a funeral not someone blowing their candles out on their birthday cake.

• Heart
  • Sad

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I need to catch up on the last three hours of posts , but a few things that will stay with me.

- What a remarkable woman she was and the send off was so perfect for her .
- The service at Westminster Abbey wasn’t as ‘sad’ as I thought it would be. It was much more a celebration of her wonderful life.
- One of the pallbearers, tears running down his face as the coffin was taken into Westminster Abbey
- The armed forces, we are so lucky to have them and what a wonderful job they have done.
- William, Kate and the children . How poignant this must have been.
-As is always said, no one does it better than the UK when it comes to tradition and ceremony.

• Heart
Reactions: 42