The Royal Family #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thread as the Queen's coffin heads to Windsor.

From the Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...-state-funeral-monday-minute-by-minute-guide/

Noon
State funeral service ends with a lament played by the Queen’s piper.
12.15pm
Coffin procession leaves Westminster Abbey for Wellington Arch.
1pm
Coffin procession arrives at Wellington Arch, where the coffin will be placed in a state hearse to begin its journey to Windsor.
3.06pm
Hearse arrives at Shaw Farm Gate in Albert Road, Windsor, joining a procession already formed up and in position.
3.10pm
Procession steps off and proceeds up the Long Walk to Windsor Castle via the George IV Gate
3.20pm
Governors general and prime ministers of the Commonwealth Realms take their seats in the nave.
3.25pm
Members of the Royal family not walking behind the coffin arrive and take their seats in the quire and the nave.
3.40pm
The King and other members of the Royal family join the procession on foot in the quadrangle of the castle.
3.53pm
Procession halts at the bottom of the West Steps of St George’s Chapel. Bearer party carries the coffin from the hearse and places it on a catafalque in the quire.
4pm
Televised committal service begins, conducted by the Dean of Windsor. At the end of the service, the coffin is lowered into the royal vault.
7.30pm
Private burial service is held in King George VI Memorial Chapel, attended by close family members. The Queen’s coffin, along with that of the Duke of Edinburgh, is moved from the royal vault to the chapel where it will be interred.

Reactions: 23
They've taken the company branding off that was on the glass of the hearse? It did look crass and suprised it was there the other day.

Reactions: 12
With the cheering, my dad always used to say people felt they had to do something, but didn't know what, so they started clapping and cheering.

Reactions: 9
They've taken the company branding off that was on the glass of the hearse? It did look crass and suprised it was there the other day.
It’s a different hearse. The one is the state one, which was designed jointly by Jaguar and the Queen and has her embellishment on the sides. It’s designed to allow in the most light so people along the route can see her.

Reactions: 15
It’s a different hearse to the one that had the branding on. The one they used from Balmoral to Edinburgh had the company name in the window but when they stopped for a break on the route it was removed.

This hearse was designed by the queen for her funeral.

Reactions: 7
I still think the jeering and clapping is disrespectful and I know I would hate it if someone did that when a loved one passed away.

Reactions: 24
I feel weirdly anti climax about today. Such a long build up. London looked magnificent and we did her proud.

Reactions: 20
The Telegraph webpage also had a diagram showing the set up at St George's Chapel for those curious.
1663591593316.png

1663591636437.png

1663591660189.png

Reactions: 16
I find the hip hip hooraying very wrong it’s a funeral not someone blowing their candles out on their birthday cake.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Royal Albert Hall looking good. Ahh can't believe she's leaving London for the last time ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It’s a different hearse to the one that had the branding on. The one they used from Balmoral to Edinburgh had the company name in the window but when they stopped for a break on the route it was removed.

This hearse was designed by the queen for her funeral.
Ah thanks, I assumed it was the custom hearse in Scotland. The plane was big enough to transport it back!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.