The Royal Family #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure they’re very aware of cameras and people, they’ve had it their whole lives! But if they aren’t then it won’t worry them 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hopefully they’ll appreciate the chance to say goodbye and be part of it all, and their parents will make sure they’re ok.
There's cameras and people that you can physically see and then there's cameras and people who watch it behind their screens if you get what I mean

I don't think anyone is saying that they shouldn't be included in the funeral at all, the problem is how public it could potentially be because this isn't just a private family moment

Reactions: 4
I mean they could have attended the private family service tomorrow evening. But they had to be seen.

Reactions: 6
They have rehearsed and timed everything down to the second so I assume the random start times are to ensure they arrive at a certain time.

Charles carrying his own pen is my favourite thing.
I wonder if they rehearsed and planed the pen drama, too? Kind of funny, that there was a way too small table. Was it the new intern's fault?

Reactions: 2
Just seen that one of the hymns tomorrow is one I had at my wedding. I'm going to be a wreck

• Sad
  • Heart
It will be interesting seeing how George and Charlotte cope walking in the procession at the Abbey. George always seems to reach for either his Mum or Dad's hand.

You'd have thought that taking them to the vigil, like their cousins, would have been good preparation to see how they'd manage such a public funeral. It's a bit of a shock that they weren't at that but are at the funeral and processing behind the coffin.

Reactions: 5
I’m surprised too when he said on a walk about they were trying to keep things normal for them and only George understood. I’m also surprised they will walk behind the coffin when William found that very distressing when he was younger.
They are only going to be walking with family in Westminster Abbey - nothing like William and Harry had to endure. And im sure that William and Kate checked that they are ok with this

I’m surprised too when he said on a walk about they were trying to keep things normal for them and only George understood. I’m also surprised they will walk behind the coffin when William found that very distressing when he was younger.
They are only going to be walking with family in Westminster Abbey - nothing like William and Harry had to endure. And im sure that William and Kate checked that they are ok with this

Don't you think it's better for George to have Charlotte with him? And they're better off walking with their parents rather than sitting on their own waiting for them to arrive?

I know it's a cultural thing but every one walks behind the coffin in Ireland and no-one thinks anything of it. Children definitely aren't traumatised after it anyway!

The Irish do it so much better. Death isn’t spoken about nearly enough in the UK and I think that actually being faced with death probably really does help.
Totally agree. Hiding death away makes it scary when it’s as natural as birth. Children don’t need to see the extremes of either. Talking to them and allowing them to see a loved ones body is here but their “soul” or whatever word you like has passed makes it more loving. It’s not the like someone has walked away and abandoned them. It’s a loss but it’s not abandoned x

I also think it either Charlotte or George decided tomorrow they couldn’t go their parents would not force them. X

Reactions: 11
The circumstances were very different though.

Reactions: 2
I find it odd that people are outraged over some businesses that aren't closing all day. Just don't go there tomorrow yourself.

Dictating how other people should live their lives gets a bit too much. Unless shops are closed on Tuesday also then people will need to be working Monday in the background to make sure things are in order anyway.

My gym planned to open with bank holiday hours, but they bowed to pressure from people saying that was disgusting. I understand places closing if they can't get the staff due to childcare etc. But the gym had the staff.
This.

I mean I personally find queueing to see a coffin weird AF but I'm a ' you do you' person. I'm not gonna call folk up telling them what I think. Same as I don't give a damn who stays open. I'm anti monarchy but I get some folk love it all. Just wish they'd realise not everyone does. It seems that if you aren't a fan your portrayed as some evil spawn of Satan 🤣

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.