The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is also William's mother and he mentions her very rarely, mainly when it relates to her.
Does Harry not consider how it makes William feel if he refers to Diana so often, mimics photos etc?
And Diana was an ex-wife, sister, daughter etc.
Also, Diana is dead and cannot comment anymore of what is being said about her. Would she be happy with all the references to her life and the media spotlight.

Why not let her rest, refer to her when her statue is being revealed etc, but not in speeches explaining why Harry and Meghan decided to leave The Firm, copy her activities and photos in Africa etc. Yes, I find this distasteful.
This is really odd. Harry has every right to talk about and reference his dead mother. Why would it upset William? He hasn't forgotten she's dead? No one dead can comment back, should we just forget all the dead people? If Harry (and William) want to talk and reference their mum then they should. If William chooses not to because that's how he deals with things that is also fine. I can criticise Harry for a lot of things but missing his mum isn't one of them.

Reactions: 27
This is really odd. Harry has every right to talk about and reference his dead mother. Why would it upset William? He hasn't forgotten she's dead? No one dead can comment back, should we just forget all the dead people? If Harry (and William) want to talk and reference their mum then they should. If William chooses not to because that's how he deals with things that is also fine. I can criticise Harry for a lot of things but missing his mum isn't one of them.
William is also still in The Firm. The very people who treated him mother so appallingly are the ones who are affording him and his family their lifestyle. Him and his children and potentially his grandchildren will be benefitting from keeping the monarchy going for generations to come. Harry's future was going to be whipping boy and third wheel to equivalent of Prince Andrew. He gets no benefit from being a Royal ( apart from all the money) and he chose to give it up himself.

Reactions: 10
Just been on Twitter and bloody hell some people are unhinged when it comes to Meghan. I know Harry is not as popular now but she gets the brunt of it. It's like some weird kind of mob mentality. I haven't seen others get as much hate in the public eye. The only one I can remember is Taylor Swift and it's really sad how she has described it made her feel.

Do I think she's perfect? No. But is anyone? I think people forget themselves as I'm sure if they suddenly became famous, there would be things they did that people found annoying (myself included 😂 I couldn't take it).

Be Kind was popular for about a second after Caroline Flack last year but seems people haven't learnt the lesson. And I'm not trying to say people can't speak negatively if they don't like her - it unfortunately comes with being in the public eye - I'm just referring to the level and intensity of it.

Reactions: 17
I wouldnt be surprised if it was Harry’s choice to leave. He’s been unhappy with the press for years, way before Meghan. Also if she was the desperate social climber that people say, wouldnt she want to stay in the UK and be a Royal and all that comes with it? I’m not saying I think she’s faultless and they are clearly getting some questionable PR advice but the hate she/they are getting is ridiculously over the top

Reactions: 23
I find it so weird anyone could find someone’s own son discussing her because she’s dead? I lost my father very young and we discuss him all the time. It’s the only way to keep them ‘alive’ and your memories. Not to mention the pain of them missing milestones like weddings and children being born. Which is mostly when I’ve heard him bring her up.
Imagine being told to was distasteful to talk about your parents. He’s human.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Be Kind was popular for about a second after Caroline Flack last year but seems people haven't learnt the lesson. And I'm not trying to say people can't speak negatively if they don't like her - it unfortunately comes with being in the public eye - I'm just referring to the level and intensity of it.
The level of hatred is weirdly intense as is the level of adoration. She’s either the devil or the second coming. The Meghan haters defend Kate and the Kate haters defend Meghan. They’re like opposing fans on Derby day. It’s a weird hobby to have, each to their own I suppose.

I’m not a fan of the Royal Family at all or Harry and Meghan but I don’t wish any of them harm (except maybe Andrew). Meghan and Harry are just so ridiculously up their own backsides that it’s hard not to poke fun at them. For me, the whole lot of them just seem nasty, entitled, self absorbed and ungrateful for the wealth and status that they’ve fallen into either by birth or marriage. Rather than not being good enough for the Windsors, I think Meghan and her family are an excellent fit.

I find it so weird anyone could find someone’s own son discussing her because she’s dead? I lost my father very young and we discuss him all the time. It’s the only way to keep them ‘alive’ and your memories. Not to mention the pain of them missing milestones like weddings and children being born. Which is mostly when I’ve heard him bring her up.
Imagine being told to was distasteful to talk about your parents. He’s human.
I lost my mother in tragic circumstances when I was young too but he comes across as weirdly fixated. If it was discovered that he secretly dresses up Norman Bates style in Diana’s clothes then I wouldn’t be shocked. Although, it is entirely his choice if he wants to sell/market his mother’s memory. If people like Netflix can make money out of Dians the why shouldn’t He? It may be a decision that he lives to regret but it’s still his choice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
With all respect, it is different to talk about a dead family member privately with family and friends.
But Princess Diana was (and is) a public figure and Harry held these speeches referencing her to large crowds, knowing that they would be transmitted via global media outlets.

The way he does it seems to me (!) as if he wanted to benefit from the relation. He is grown-up and should maintain a public profile on his own merits, if he so wishes to do so.

But then again - he is critical of media and feels haunted by them and he feels that the media killed his mother.
But why then discuss her in front the media, very publicly?
Why does Harry himself not grant her the privacy that he felt the media should have granted her?
To me, this is a contradiction.

And yes, I also think that he should be considerate of Prince William, as Prince William is still part of the BRF and will (according to current information) be King one day and Harry's remarks about their mother will also rub off on William.

Reactions: 7
But then again - he is critical of media and feels haunted by them and he feels that the media killed his mother.
But why then discuss her in front the media, very publicly?
Why does Harry himself not grant her the privacy that he felt the media should have granted her?
To me, this is a contradiction.
Why does he discuss her in front of the media: because he's angry and hurt and idealistic. I think a part of him believes he can change the ways of the media, partly by holding them accountable and partly by influencing the public to be more critical/suspicious of their methods etc. He knows many of the British public loved Diana and loved him and would like to "do right by him".
Why does he "not grant her the privacy he felt the media should have granted her"? I expect he sees the difference between a son talking about his beloved late mother to people who loved her too, and the media stalking/trailing people to report, speculate and fabricate stories about their every movement. Personally I think it's warped to find fault with him talking publicly about how he feels his experience of the media and the Firm mirror those of his mother. Sure, they both courted the media in their own ways but the witch hunts and the lies etc can't be excused or justified IMO.
(And just to clarify, I'm not a royalist or a particular fan of Harry and the wife, I'm just fascinated by the tone of the discussion tbh)

• Heart
Why does he discuss her in front of the media: because he's angry and hurt and idealistic. I think a part of him believes he can change the ways of the media, partly by holding them accountable and partly by influencing the public to be more critical/suspicious of their methods etc. He knows many of the British public loved Diana and loved him and would like to "do right by him".
I think that's right. He was only 12 when she died. The same age as my son. He probably sees things in more of a black and white way- that the press hounded her to death than William does. I agree that he wanted to leave and Meghan gave him the impetus. People seemed to want him to be the 3rd wheel to William and Kate forever, but he decided who he wanted to marry. If they divorce, it will hardly be unusual in the Royal Family. People act like hes going to he the downfall of the Royal Family. Hes a minor Royal who has decided to go his own way. So what? Peter Phillip's sells his Royal connections, as does Zara, Bea and Eugenie.

Reactions: 13
Imagine announcing it on VD. So bleeping twee
Apparently Charles and Diana announced her pregnancy with Harry on Valentines Day too.

I know they’re not the most popular, but some of the comments on the daily mail (I know 😬) re Harry and Meghan are just horrible. I like a bit of bitchy banter as much as the next person but they’re still human beings. ☹
Thats why I cant read the H&M thread on here. Some people are just plain mean.

Reactions: 11
Why does he "not grant her the privacy he felt the media should have granted her"? I expect he sees the difference between a son talking about his beloved late mother to people who loved her too, and the media stalking/trailing people to report, speculate and fabricate stories about their every movement. Personally I think it's warped to find fault with him talking publicly about how he feels his experience of the media and the Firm mirror those of his mother. Sure, they both courted the media in their own ways but the witch hunts and the lies etc can't be excused or justified IMO.
(And just to clarify, I'm not a royalist or a particular fan of Harry and the wife, I'm just fascinated by the tone of the discussion tbh)
He is talking to the media, not just "people who loved his mother".

Maybe he also speaks about her when the cameras are not rolling, but I personally find it a bit distasteful as he and Meghan referenced her so often via media channels or in front of the media.
My personal opinion, I respect that yours is different

Reactions: 3
Eh, honestly the whole Harry and Meghan thing rubs me all sort of wrong ways.

I do agree that it's distasteful to keep mentioning how Diana was mistreated and then go and mimic the photos she has or what she has done. At that point they're almost paying tribute to all of the stuff she probably didn't like. Mentioning her and talking about her is perfectly normal, but to be using her name to get attention is distasteful even if he is her child.

Also the whole privacy thing they keep talking about is pure bollocks judging by their past actions not including the pregnancy.

• Heart
Public figure or not the way I see it is that above everything else, celeb status, the peoples princess, a loose canon, a member of the royal family she was his mother and he can and should talk about her. He has that right over and above anyone else.
I feel like people pick them apart for any old reason. I don't really have an opinion on them either way I'm just like whatever but to shout someone down for talking about their deceased parent is distasteful imo. We can agree to disagree 😊

He is talking to the media, not just "people who loved his mother".

Maybe he also speaks about her when the cameras are not rolling, but I personally find it a bit distasteful as he and Meghan referenced her so often via media channels or in front of the media.
My personal opinion, I respect that yours is different
Sorry, I didn't express my point well: I meant to specify that when he's talking to the media I think he wishes/expects them to just relay what he says to the people who loved his mother ☺

Sorry, I didn't express my point well: I meant to specify that when he's talking to the media I think he wishes/expects them to just relay what he says to the people who loved his mother ☺
But that is not how it works - he could issue a public statement via the palace if this is what he wants.

Media - journalists, commentators etc - always interpret things, add an opinion, etc. And the readers will comment.
Those will include people that loved his mother and those who did not - as you cannot simply pick and select who reads a message.

I think there is a reason that The Queen is so careful and selected with her public statement, as she knows that as soon as the media picks up on it it is out of her control

Reactions: 1
I think there is a reason that The Queen is so careful and selected with her public statement, as she knows that as soon as the media picks up on it it is out of her control
There are those of us that think the queen should be saying more but that's a whole different debate 😊

Reactions: 3
But that is not how it works - he could issue a public statement via the palace if this is what he wants.

Media - journalists, commentators etc - always interpret things, add an opinion, etc. And the readers will comment.
Those will include people that loved his mother and those who did not - as you cannot simply pick and select who reads a message.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe Harry does. As I said above, I think he's very idealistic and a bit like Megs thinking she'd overhaul and modernise the BRF, I think he saw/sees himself as the man to rehabilitate and refocus the media.
Obviously he's pissing against the wind but he doesn't see it IMO.

Reactions: 5
I quite like Meghan and Harry, yes they’ve made mistakes but haven’t we all? I really hope this pregnancy goes well and their little family is happy and healthy.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe Harry does. As I said above, I think he's very idealistic and a bit like Megs thinking she'd overhaul and modernise the BRF, I think he saw/sees himself as the man to rehabilitate and refocus the media.
Obviously he's pissing against the wind but he doesn't see it IMO.
To be fair, the Royals will be responsible for their own downfall if they do not modernise. They hardly represent huge swathes of the population as it is. It is up to them to prove their relevance and worth to new generations to come. Most of their 'fans' are more Charles or The Queens age than William and Harry's, yet they will be asking young people who do not respect or care about them to accept them as their unelected Heads of State and pay for their castles when they themselves will be paying for the coronovirus pandemic for the rest of their lives. They cannot stay pale and stale, however much they would like to. Kate fits in well with them because she doesn't rock the boat, does what she's told and puts up and shuts up. William has barely been seen. If that's the image the Royals want to portray to the world, they will be left behind, and deservedly so. I like Charles, and I quite like his half term thing that he's doing. William and Kate should learn from that. He didn't talk about himself, he showed empathy and highlighted his charities. But he will get the blame if it all starts to fall apart when the Queen dies. But it will have been all their faults.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.