Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Doesn't he just.
Thank you - that was exactly the phrase I was looking for. He will be different to the Queen for that reason. Not better or worse but different.

(I'm not fully up with royal protocol - does anyone know if Harry was still a working royal would he have had another title bestowed on him? I read he might become Duke of Cambridge now, but no mention).
No Prince of Wales moves up to Monarch and Duke of Lancaster and the second in line moves up to first in line and gets the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall gig (if male).

Reactions: 1

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
To be fair, when you are on what you think is a private phone call with your secret squeeze you’re not going to be asking them if they’ve put the bins out and if they can take some bread out the freezer.
No I suppose you wouldn't be asking questions like that, especially when he was still married at the time, as was Camilla 🤷‍♀️

it was a private conversation. Again not my humour but I detest that this one comment is lumped on him all the time. Can any of us ever say we’ve never misjudged a joke? Would you be happy to have reported every conversation you’d ever had?
I've never had a conversation like that though - especially whilst still being married :rolleyes:

Jas28

Chatty Member
I think historically mistakes were made with Royal marriages - Charles and Diana was one (when he wanted to marry Camilla), another was poor Princess Margaret not being allowed to marry a divorcee.
Yes with Harry marrying Meghan hopefully they are free to marry and love who they want

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
That would have been so interesting to see. I think it would have maybe freaked some people out, but others might have really appreciated a clip starting with something like “if you’re watching this now, it means…”
Yes, and what if she had already recorded the Queen's speech before she passed. I think she normally does that in November. Then we would have had a King and a Queen's speech come Christmas Day. 😲
It would have been nice to hear some of her well thought out words about the times we are going through.

Oldcat

Chatty Member
I promise it's true 🤷‍♀️ But that won't change anything.
I'm just glad she passed away peacefully and I do hope there was no painful illness she had to endure.
My father was a journalist and said the queen was also a very good mimic.
Above you said it may be false?

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
I was discussing this with my mum and my grandma's great children were around Charlotte's age and they didn't attend. I personally think it isn't the event for a child plus I expect a state funeral to be even worse. I wouldn't blame them for keeping them away.
I agree. They didn’t go to Philip’s so I feel that set the precedent.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I don’t believe she is because Charles was born in November 1958 and this was most likely taken in April 1957. She also made her famous speech where she committed her life to the country and commonwealth. Either way I love seeing candid photos of people, especially when you often only see their polished personas.

Harrods main page has this:
View attachment 1565

TC14

Chatty Member
Mate... I don't think the blame can lie solely with Megan and Harry. She was 96, lost her husband a year ago, lived through a pandemic, all the stuff with Andrew. Be realistic.
Don't think I said that !!