The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drat, George IV, not VI!

And, to keep it on subject, the Scottish Police Memorial is also sited in the grounds of Tulliallan Castle, opened by the Princess Royal on 7 September 2004. The earliest names date from 1812.

She was late from her previous engagement but the local cops in charge of actual operational policing for the occasion brushed it off as they said that her engagements always slipped due to her speaking to everyone and not being rushed through. After the formalities of the opening ceremony, she ignored the assembled guests in the VIP tent and made sure that she spoke to every bereaved family about their loved one commemorated on the Memorial. She went far beyond what she had to do and seemed to really empathise. If course, her attempted kidnapping years ago could go have gone very wrong and luckily neither her bodyguard nor members of the public who came to assist were killed despite being wounded by the gunman.
Princess Royal - what a gal!
Anne is my idea of an ‘empowered’ woman.
Yes, hugely privileged but she was born into that so put that aside.
Throughout her adult life, she has undertaken a significant workload of commitments for the benefit of others en masse & seen this though without any performative bollocks.
If Meghan had any substance, wit or credibility, she’d be busting her bits to have Anne as an archetype of a warrior woman.
But we all know that can never happen as Smegz is not up to any job anytime anywhere, & also Anne would never touch such performative stuff with a barge pole

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Princess Royal - what a gal!
Anne is my idea of an ‘empowered’ woman.
Yes, hugely privileged but she was born into that so put that aside.
Throughout her adult life, she has undertaken a significant workload of commitments for the benefit of others en masse & seen this though without any performative bollocks.
If Meghan had any substance, wit or credibility, she’d be busting her bits to have Anne as an archetype of a warrior woman.
But we all know that can never happen as Smegz is not up to any job anytime anywhere, & also Anne would never touch such performative stuff with a barge pole
Wrong thread (I believe)

Reactions: 4
The comments under that article are interesting. I know you should take them with a pinch of salt, but frequently the best thing about the sidebar of shame is the unmoderated comments section. Apparently it’s an open secret she’s not got long left.
A friend works in the civil service and said some departments are ramping up the 'operation London Bridge' activities.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
A friend works at the civil service and said some departments are ramping up the 'operation London Bridge' activities.
It’s interesting that the Australian media seem to be speculating a way the British press are not.

Reactions: 2
Like another poster said Balmoral would be a nicer more peaceful place to see out your days than Windsor. Why not stay up there when you have that option.

I still think she'll make it to 2023 (for no actual reason) but time will tell I guess

Reactions: 9
Robert Jobson is basically saying she’s on her way out. First mainstream journo to do so.

I’ve thought for a while that she might have cancer.

I know Charles, Edward & Andrew are all up in Balmoral, wonder if Anne is too?

There was a picture of Tim Lawrence driving Edward and Louise to church yesterday, so I would assume Anne is there.

It’s interesting that the Australian media seem to be speculating a way the British press are not.
I'm guessing press 'etiquette' and embargoes are behind that? There is a school of thought among royal correspondents that the Queen is out of bounds and you'd never 'speculate' anything.

One technique I have noticed in recent years though is the Mail and other tabloids run a series of articles which insinuate something but they don't want to fall foul of PR clampdowns/lawsuits. See Holly (booze problem) and Phil (closet) for instance. Or an actor just popping into a shop or leaving a flat with a 'friend'.

The Queen must really despair at that this country has become and what the government has done. Since the Olympics and arguably before then we are more divided then ever, cost of living crisis on the way, homelessness on the up, a more angry society. Criminality rewarded and her own family plotting against each other.

I should've also clarified the point about London Bridge - civil servants are preparing for the death of (any) royal member as they all are assigned bridge names. I guess they do that in every summer when the government goes on holiday.

Reactions: 5
They will have to travel to Balmoral. It’s already been reported in the press this week. Though the Mail were keen to point out that Queen Victoria made her PM’s do this, she was also a recluse who barely left Scotland for years after her husband died so it’s not really comparable IMO. I think her intention is to live her last day out up there, it’s also easier to keep her hidden from view. Harder for the paparazzi to get near, onlookers to see her etc. No one will notice any comings and goings like they would at Windsor or Sandringham. I’ve never been obviously, but I’m assuming it’s pretty isolated.
The main gate is a kick in the pants from the main road from Aberdeen but Crathie isn't really a village, more a collection of outlying farms and houses. There's nowhere really to stop except at the church and small shop.

Victoria did travel between Balmoral and Windsor - she was known as the Widow of Windsor. She also travelled to the Isle of Wight; she died at Osbourne House with her family around her and her body had to be transported by sea in the first instance.

I think we’ll know there’s real talk of HMTQ being on her way out when all the newsreaders start wearing black again

Reactions: 1
Meghan has done yet another interview. I genuinely think without TRF she would have nothing to say. Please stop whining.

Reactions: 16
Meghan has done yet another interview. I genuinely think without TRF she would have nothing to say. Please stop whining.
It’s just the same old vague accusations every time. Without mentioning the royal family she has nothing to say that anyone wants to hear.

Reactions: 16
It’s just the same old vague accusations every time. Without mentioning the royal family she has nothing to say that anyone wants to hear.
When they said about how many how downloaded her podcast I did genuinely think most of them would be journalists.

Reactions: 3
When they said about how many how downloaded her podcast I did genuinely think most of them would be journalists.
I'd say there would have been a curiosity. Interest will have dropped off by the final podcast. It's weird how she has alienated her kids from both of their extended families

Reactions: 5
They are probably journalists who have then been endlessly talking about it, publicising the podcast. She hasn't had to do anything at all.

I've just seen the headline in one of the 7000 articles in the DM. 'Throne like chairs'. Do they mean the wing back chairs? I have those in my living room. It's the dogs favourite chair. To be fair, he does behave like Royalty most of the time

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The main gate is a kick in the pants from the main road from Aberdeen but Crathie isn't really a village, more a collection of outlying farms and houses. There's nowhere really to stop except at the church and small shop.

Victoria did travel between Balmoral and Windsor - she was known as the Widow of Windsor. She also travelled to the Isle of Wight; she died at Osbourne House with her family around her and her body had to be transported by sea in the first instance.
Yeah, locals in Crathie and Ballater are generally very protective of her privacy. The estate is huge too, with a number of smaller residences on it. It used to be not unusual to bump into various royals in Glen Muick and Lochnahar if you were out hill walking. I remember my uncle once bumped into Charles in the hills, many years ago.

The castle is notoriously cold and draughty so not ideal for the winter. If she's planning on staying on then I guess that's why they've done up the lodge she's staying in instead. I think I read somewhere they'd upgraded the heating etc for her coming up this year. Maybe there was always a longer term plan.

ETA: will be interesting to see if she manages to get to the Braemar gathering at the weekend.

Yeah, locals in Crathie and Ballater are generally very protective of her privacy. The estate is huge too, with a number of smaller residences on it. It used to be not unusual to bump into various royals in Glen Muick and Lochnahar if you were out hill walking. I remember my uncle once bumped into Charles in the hills, many years ago.

The castle is notoriously cold and draughty so not ideal for the winter. If she's planning on staying on then I guess that's why they've done up the lodge she's staying in instead. I think I read somewhere they'd upgraded the heating etc for her coming up this year. Maybe there was always a longer term plan.

ETA: will be interesting to see if she manages to get to the Braemar gathering at the weekend.
Apparently Craigowan Lodge where she is had a lift fitted during the renovations.

Not that unusual to spot a royal in Ballater either. Scotland The What had a great sketch with the mannie in the Ballater toyshop (LOVED that place as a child!) talking to the Princess of Wales about Christmas presents for William and Harry, all about fitbaa bits, rubber djuks an cuddly futrets.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Apparently Craigowan Lodge where she is had a lift fitted during the renovations.

Not that unusual to spot a royal in Ballater either. Scotland The What had a great sketch with the mannie in the Ballater toyshop (LOVED that place as a child!) talking to the Princess of Wales about Christmas presents for William and Harry, all about fitbaa bits, rubber djuks an cuddly futrets.
Love that sketch!

Reactions: 1
A friend works in the civil service and said some departments are ramping up the 'operation London Bridge' activities.
We get this all the time. Someone knows someone who knows someone and it’s all that The Queen is on her way out. Had similar comments like this well before Philip died.

I’m not as anti Meghan as some others are but I feel like it’s been, what, 2 years since they left? Time to let it go.
These two excerpts from the Daily Mail article did make me laugh:

Meghan also said: 'I'm getting back … on Instagram' - with Ms Davies describing 'her eyes alight and devilish'. It comes after she closed all of her social media accounts ahead of her wedding to Harry in 2018. But further down the article, it says: 'Later, Meghan would relay she was no longer sure she would actually return to Instagram.'
Meghan also said: 'I'm getting back … on Instagram' - with Ms Davies describing 'her eyes alight and devilish'. It comes after she closed all of her social media accounts ahead of her wedding to Harry in 2018. But further down the article, it says: 'Later, Meghan would relay she was no longer sure she would actually return to Instagram.'

And Meghan said she spoke to a Lion King cast member from South Africa in London in 2019 who told her: 'When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison.'

I’ve read the article and some of it came off a bit weird?
9B924143-AC0B-43AF-BC17-FD745D9E97D3.jpeg
9899B5CA-ABB3-4272-8AB8-E0D134E9FE92.jpeg

And then she gives a brand new backpack to her security detail to give to a homeless man?
9F0B4618-45B0-4AAF-93B4-EDF06E4911B4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.