The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure the Queen had seen what an utter tit show the UK has become. Took one look at her next possible prime minister’s and thought, balls to this, I’m out. Seriously, who could blame her.
Yeah, I'm only pushing 50 and I'm already thinking 'feck this'. 96?

Reactions: 11
I thought you were joking at first when you said Operation Unicorn. Ok I've learnt something new today!
The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland, hence its place as supporter to the royal arms.

Going back to talk of police bodyguards, the Scottish Police Memorial commemorates all officers who die in Scotland as well as all Scottish officers on duty (including one who died on course in France). A Met officer who died in WW1 when bodyguard to Lord Kitchener is listed, as is a US Secret Service officer who died at Prestwick during a Trump visit and who was acting as bodyguard to the US National Security Advisor. (Other non-Scottish officers listed include several RUC officers who died when their helicopter crashed in Kintyre as well as an earlier Royal Irish Constabulary officer.)

Reactions: 5
This is interesting. Why is he visiting her daily all the way up in Balmoral?

Don't they all go yo Balmora
Yeah, I'm only pushing 50 and I'm already thinking 'feck this'. 96?
You're not the only one!

Reactions: 2
This is interesting. Why is he visiting her daily all the way up in Balmoral?

Maybe he wants to keep tabs on Andrew who is staying with HM and "discussing his future". HM is apparently at Craigowan Lodge rather than the Castle and Birkhall is on the estate too so not exactly far for Charles to travel.

Reactions: 7
Operation Unicorn sounds great. The palaces and stately homes in Scotland are beautiful.

Charles visiting her every day is probably absolutely nothing to be worried about. The press love to ham everything up for a good story, especially when it comes to the royals, as it sells papers. The day she does pass papers will be sold out before one can sing the first lie of God Save The Queen. he is probably just visiting her to spend as much time with her as possible. With the passing of his father and Camilla's cousin in recent days it's probably hit him how short and precious life is. HMTQ may not be the woman she used to be but she is still made of strong stuff. Loeliness is a big thig though so maybe he just wants to keep her company.

This is morbid but have you seen the plans for what would happen if she died in Scotland? It would be epic, I wonder if it’s her intention to end her days there?

Surely Charles is more than prepared to step up when it does happen? He’s had long enough.
Not been on this thread for a while but I have a tiny bit of potential tea, which is probably more me just putting two and two together and coming up with 5.
I work at the council where Balmoral is and earlier this week my boss was in a regular virtual meeting with loads of high heidyin types. She mentioned later that there had been a lot of discussion about Op Unicorn. When we asked for more details, she said she wasn't allowed to discuss it, and that they'd also been reminded that speculation on the death of a monarch is technically treason. This is unusual in itself as she's normally quite open about what's been discussed and likes a bit of a gossip.

Anyway, by the end of the week I'm reading everywhere that HM has been 'advised not to travel' and that the new PM will likely come up here to meet with her instead.

(Hope I don't get my head chopped off 🤣)

• Wow
Reactions: 26

Interesting that we’ve seen no pictures at Balmoral this year

Usually they’d be a welcome ceremony etc
I had a feeling that would be the next thing she pulls out of… apparently the welcome ceremony was held in private this year. I still think she’s probably too proud to be seen in a wheelchair.

Anyway I’d sooner live my last days out in the Scottish highlands than Windsor which is a right shithole.

Reactions: 13
I had a feeling that would be the next thing she pulls out of… apparently the welcome ceremony was held in private this year. I still think she’s probably too proud to be seen in a wheelchair.

Anyway I’d sooner live my last days out in the Scottish highlands than Windsor which is a right shithole.
And she hasn’t been to church and she never misses that.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Balmoral and Operation Unicorn v Windsor and Operation London Bridge.
It’s no contest, is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The comments under that article are interesting. I know you should take them with a pinch of salt, but frequently the best thing about the sidebar of shame is the unmoderated comments section. Apparently it’s an open secret she’s not got long left.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The comments under that article are interesting. I know you should take them with a pinch of salt, but frequently the best thing about the sidebar of shame is the unmoderated comments section. Apparently it’s an open secret she’s not got long left.
I mean Blimey she's 96! It's not as if it's the revelation of the century that she hasnt got long left.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Mind you, her mother went on for another six years, though her mobility didn't go so badly. Queen Elizabeth the QM wasn't too proud to appear in a wheelchair in her fifties when she had an injured leg and King Constantine of Greece is always seen in a wheelchair now, even at his son's wedding. It's not the legs that are important in a head of state but the mind.

Reactions: 6
I said in the Harry and Meghan thread, I do wonder if the "break down" of the Prince of Wales aircraft carrier is connected to the health of the Queen.

But she's a game old bird... we'll see.

Reactions: 1
Robert Jobson is basically saying she’s on her way out. First mainstream journo to do so.

I’ve thought for a while that she might have cancer.

I know Charles, Edward & Andrew are all up in Balmoral, wonder if Anne is too?

• Sad
I wonder if she’ll leave Scotland at all now? Surely if she’s that frail she won’t be able to travel back to London?

Reactions: 3
I wonder if she’ll leave Scotland at all now? Surely if she’s that frail she won’t be able to travel back to London?
I was wondering this. Also she is 96, if Scotland is her happy place then I think she should stay there for her last few days (if this is what they are).

Reactions: 15
Well, when we learn the Tory leadership victor in a week, they'll need to see the monarch to be formally confirmed as Prime Minister. If they have to go to Scotland, it'll be fairly telling.

Reactions: 4
Well, when we learn the Tory leadership victor in a week, they'll need to see the monarch to be formally confirmed as Prime Minister. If they have to go to Scotland, it'll be fairly telling.
They will have to travel to Balmoral. It’s already been reported in the press this week. Though the Mail were keen to point out that Queen Victoria made her PM’s do this, she was also a recluse who barely left Scotland for years after her husband died so it’s not really comparable IMO. I think her intention is to live her last day out up there, it’s also easier to keep her hidden from view. Harder for the paparazzi to get near, onlookers to see her etc. No one will notice any comings and goings like they would at Windsor or Sandringham. I’ve never been obviously, but I’m assuming it’s pretty isolated.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.