Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I got the impression that Charlotte and her father attending was deliberate. As in, he is advocating women’s sport and taking his daughter to the event. That’s just my take on it anyway.
I thought so too but was Charlotte there? Seemed it was only William. I think Kate should have been there.

TYL159

Chatty Member
I think someone said earlier in the thread that the aristos and the working class are the same, but the middle class are the outliers with their obsession with fidelity and vanilla sex! Maybe because the Upper and Lower class are as old as time, whereas the middle class is quite new in relative terms!
A generic comment, not all aristocrats sleep with anything that moves, for example the Queen or her father and now the working class are often more socially conservative than the graduate middle classes.

The Bible and Koran and Torah have also been around for over a 1000 years and set the tone for morality. There have also been middle class lawyers, doctors, teachers, academics, merchants etc for centuries too, even if the 20th century and rising university attendance moved more into the middle class and service sector jobs

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I think the hardest to get used to will be singing the national anthem and changing Queen to King.
And think of all the things that have ER on them that aren't easily or quickly replaceable - like postboxes! I mean, who's going to go to the bother and cost of changing all that, when we all know Charles isn't every going to be king very long in the grand scheme of things.

TYL159

Chatty Member
You have showed me??????? There are people on here who were doing their A levels a few years after Charlie and they have made it clear that A's were required for Oxbridge and if you were forecasted to get a B you were advised to try for a redbrick University and that Charles's grades would have landed him in a polytechnic.
No there aren't. Prince Charles did his A levels in 1966 and nobody on here has said they did theirs as far back as then which was pre grade inflation. In 1966 barely anyone got straight As and plenty got into Oxbridge with Bs or Cs as Charles did, including Tony Blair a few years later

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Ignoring all the privileges this life has given her, imagine being 96 and having to travel back from your holiday to appoint yet another PM. The 3rd in 4 years, she must think, like a lot of us, are you all incapable of just staying in a job for 5 minutes?
I never said anything about her capacity to do the job

TYL159

Chatty Member
Maybe if you stopped tugging your forelock quite so hard you would have read the article properly.
“ the crown has maintained a back channel to sneak amendments into legislation in such a way as to leave no way for the public or their parliamentary representatives to ever know that changes had been requested or made.
No it hasn't, if MPs dislike the legislation after reading it they can vote it down. Even if changed the legislation has to still pass the House of Commons and House of Lords

Eeyore147

VIP Member
I don't know. She seems to in a throwing shade mood. She has done a Masters in early years when her sister is busy pretending to be an early years expert with no qualifications!
Pippas Masters degree is in Physical Education & Sport isn’t it?

jkroche95

VIP Member
I think I’m a twonk. It’s apparently per child per term. Which is of course what all normal, average people pay for their children to go to school.
Cheap as chips. 🙄
This is from the school website.

Pre Preparatory (Ages 3-7) Per Term

Nursery (full-time) £4,389

Nursery (morning sessions only) £2,195

Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 £4,389

Preparatory School (Ages 7-13) Per Term

Lower School (Years 3 & 4) £6,448

Middles & Upper (Years 5-8) £6,999

Boarding Per Term

Years 3 – 8 (weekly) £1,481

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
On another forum I came across a discussion about Meghan's surrogacy. Apparently that famous photo where everyone is staring at little bundle Archie is photoshopped. A person wrote: Phillip would neva smile at Meghan's spawn.
What does it mean? That Meghan's blood tainted his family? That as an actress and divorcee she was too much for the RF?
Meghan definitely has its flaws but people writing this actually support the notion that BRF is not that liberal, open and multicultural.

If that was all photoshopped, why the hell Queen and Phillip went along with that?
the idea that that photo is photoshopped came from Tom Bowers book where he says something like everyone was smiling/staring 'at a shawl'. I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic but it’s turned into a conspiracy about the photo being photoshopped.

personally I can’t see H&M being that silly and duplicitous, but who knows?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
This one? Still available on Getty Images. Screenshot because they don't like people linking to their images, but the full set from that day is here, so if anyone wants to play spot the bump... (Edit: Getty really doesn't like links, it doesn't even link to the full set. It's a visit to Birkenhead on 14th January 2019) I'm on the fence, personally, but not overly bothered either way, it's their business.

View attachment 1420928
The one I saw was 3 pictures, one having just got out of the car stood holding the bump at waist level, then it sliding slowly down to her hips and then the one of the bump at the bottom of the dress that you show. I would have felt mortified if I was her. I'm not bothered like you, though, there's more important things going on in the world. 🙄