Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TYL159

Chatty Member
I'm sorry but unless it's an actual UN rule then what you're claiming makes zero sense. It's for every nation to decide their own system of governance. As long as it's democratic the UN aren't going to have a problem.

Also, I never said the German or Irish presidents were well known. You said the UK couldn't have a president like Ireland because Ireland is a small country. I was just pointing out that size is irrelevant in deciding a system of government. I never even said that Britain should be a republic. I just find some of your statements illogical.
You just proved that whether relatively large like Germany or small like Ireland a ceremonial President is normally a complete unknown outside that country most of the world has not heard of

TYL159

Chatty Member
[

I agree. And honestly, most high up politicians have a press office and play pr games. Same for companies. It’s not as if they are only judged by their work.
I think with H&M sinking more and more into oblivion the press is about to turn against them again. At the moment they still have PA and Charles’ foundation, but soon enough they will talk about Wiliam‘s awkwardness, the cost of Kate’s wardrobe, their way of flying, vacations and engagement numbers with a chilling tone again. The press needs a village. W&K had a long break from the cycle but H&M are swallowed and chewed up enough. Nothing scandalous about their stupidities anymore. Bringing down the golden couple of the last three years will bring “fresh” material.
'The press' is overrated now, most people don't read a newspaper and the circulation of the Sun for example is a fraction of what it was in the 1990s when it was regularly trashing Charles and Camilla and Fergie etc and even the Queen when she apparently did not come down quickly enough from Balmoral and lower the flag to half mast when Diana died. In fact the advent of twitter, instagram etc provides a source for publicising the royals and monarchists to come together to promote our royal family whatever the press says which was not there before

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
She's got a third one, the Amethyst Ribbon, loaned to her but it has a weird frame with what looks like a paperclip holding it up.

View attachment 1486016

There's other tiaras still in the vaults while the Cartier Halo, the Greville Emerald and Queen Mary's Bandeau have disappeared from sight again. To name only three, the Strathmore Rose, the Queen Mary Sunray Bandeau, and the turquoise Lamps of Love haven't been seen for years. The Strathmore Rose hasn't been seen since Queen Elizabeth the QM was Duchess of York. Princess Margaret wore the bandeau before marriage and the turquoises for the rest of her life. Neither have appeared in the sale of her jewels or on her son's then wife, so the speculation is that they are back in the vaults. After all, the wedding tiaras of Kate, Meghan and Eugenie hadn't been seen either for decades until they appeared in them as brides.

For an overall cracking collection, the Duchess of Gloucester has a superb selection. I hope that most of it goes back into the vaults for the main line rather than sold as I doubt that her daughter-in-law will have the occasion to wear much of it. A lot of the collection came from Queen Mary.
I'm confused, so the bandeau tiara MM wore at her wedding was the same one Margaret used to wear but with a different centre stone?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Yes, that’s Wimbledon for you … humans, even royal ones come very low down the pecking order :D

Hopefully, by the time George is old enough to do the job proper trussing anyone, child or adult, up in a formal suit, shirt and tie to sit out in the blazing sun just to watch a bit of sport will be consigned to the bin marked ‘quaint customs we don’t do anymore’.
I saw something today where it said they have underseat fans in the royal box.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
The could go to public school (ie publicly funded) school. If it's good enough for the future of the country, it should be good enough for the Royals then. They have security, so what's the issue?

If the idea of the Royal family going to public school makes people balk, then something is very wrong with the country's political priorities.
I think I remember Stella McCartney saying something negative about having to go to state school? Depends on your perception of what the local education is like.

TYL159

Chatty Member
He's still there though?

They would adopt the Irish model. When I was very young my parents had the news on and someone was setentenced to death (then only permissable in certain murders) and the then president got it changed to life imprisonment. Ie they had the right to overrule the government if they felt it right. Although young only time I ever remember it happening. Queen should surely now be stepping in, it's gone crazy, and if not, what is her role (apart from cutting ribbons) exactly?

Please stop bleating on about coronations unless by chance you remember the most recent one.

As for weddings? Well the 'important' ones occur every 30 years or so.
He won't be if the Tory party votes no confidence in him and he lacks the support of Parliament.

The Irish President has no power to make laws, declare war, raise tax etc anymore than our monarch does. He is also a complete nonentity outside Ireland, he does nothing to market it abroad as nobody has heard of him.

curiouserandcuriouser2022

First time posting on this forum, have been posting on another since July.

I make vlogs, I call them flogs and someone told me in comments on one of my vlogs about the poor couple and their problems.
I am known to get outraged and ranty and avoid reading about the `monarchy and celebs for that reason.
However, this evening I have published my short flog which will bring out all the Royalists shouting , "Orf with her head."
Will give you the link if it's not against the rules. Will wait and see???
I’d like the link!!

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
This Sussex vs Cambridge thing is so stupid. You say anything against the Cambridges and then suddenly you’re part of the ‘Sussex squad’ which is such a childish remark. I was accused of that a few days ago because god forbid you have a thought that doesn’t bathe Kate and William in glory.
As for the pegging story I think it could be true. I also believe that William has shagged about and continues to and Kate just puts up with it.
I didn’t accuse you of being part of the “Sussex Squad” I said that the narrative of PW silencing his mother was one being pushed by Sussex stans.

TYL159

Chatty Member
Arch Royalist Richard Kay pointed out that there is no point slimming down the Monarchy if the ones that are left just expand into all the vacant areas, so fewer of them cost the same amount to maintain because they have 4 houses each. William and Kate won't be able to get away with doing no work and having 4 homes for long once Meghan and Harry stop being bogeyman no 1. Especially when we have a very hard time ahead of us.
As 2 of those 4 homes are privately owned and privately funded without any sovereign grant or taxpayer involvement at all that does not really follow. Adelaide Cottage the Cambridges pay full rent for so the only one of the 4 the sovereign grant fully funds is Kensington Palace which will always be the case as it is one of the main royal palaces (though also open to visitors to)

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I'm sorry but unless it's an actual UN rule then what you're claiming makes zero sense. It's for every nation to decide their own system of governance. As long as it's democratic the UN aren't going to have a problem.

Also, I never said the German or Irish presidents were well known. You said the UK couldn't have a president like Ireland because Ireland is a small country. I was just pointing out that size is irrelevant in deciding a system of government. I never even said that Britain should be a republic. I just find some of your statements illogical.
Some
You just proved that whether relatively large like Germany or small like Ireland a ceremonial President is normally a complete unknown outside that country most of the world has not heard of
Apart from the same ceromonial Queen that visits them? Oh you card you!😅

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Is this being seriously commented upon as something he allegedly actually did!?
He did. He was photographed naked in a vegas hotel room with a load of women. He mentioned it himself recently.

Not sure abut the pool but the naked in Vegas thing is true.