The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck sake šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

In all seriousness though, I believe she has more issues than just mobility since sheā€™s missing out on so much. She holds her religion dear to her so to be missing out on this (plus several other events) makes me feel that she isnā€™t well.

Reactions: 5
As I was skimming through the transcript, I found this little nugget. Surely the biggest lie in the whole thing. Nobody just picks up the phone and calls the Queen šŸ˜‚
Actually, in the original circumstances, I could actually see that being a thing Her Maj would do ā€¦ whether that is a gift that keeps on being granted is a whole different issue.

That was never really clarified. I think as it stands they're in line to be Prince/Princess when Charles is king but he could change that. It's a tough call for the RF. On the one hand, they'll be called racist etc if he changes the letters patent but on the other hand there's really no need for any more Princes and princesses particularly when they don't have anything to do with the family.

I think it's clear to see that Harry and Meghan are liars and they manipulate and exaggerate the truth for their own purposes. You don't have to be a fan of the RF to see that.
Itā€™s a difficult one ā€¦ and to be fair to Harry itā€™s always going hard to be the first one not to have something thatā€™s happened automatically for centuries and that been a thing you kinda expect, even if you donā€™t think about it much, from being a child yourself. Add in the whole racist situation and stopping it now just makes it even messier.

of course, huffing that you never wanted it anyway, until there was a chance it was taken away. Donā€™t care. Pout. Isnā€™t a good look either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
They didnā€™t turn down titles for their children; their children were not, and are still not, entitled to be a Prince or Princess.
If I remember correctly, neither were Charlotte and Louis as itā€™s was just the first born heir but the Queen changed the letters patent? My recollection is a bit foggy though.

If I remember correctly, neither were Charlotte and Louis as itā€™s was just the first born heir but the Queen changed the letters patent? My recollection is a bit foggy though.
The Queen changed the letters patent before George was born, because if the first born had been a girl as absolute male primogeniture had been abolished, she would be the permanent heir ā€¦ and you couldnā€™t have a first born girl and the direct heir not being a Princess but a second born son and ā€˜spareā€™ being a Prince.
I think that was it.

Reactions: 8
recently saw a tiktok of a girl who went to louise's school saying louise didn't know she was royalty until she went to school.

Reactions: 4
All I can find is a transcript of the interview.
I still don't know why her continuing to work would have been a problem for them, other European royal spouses continue their career and Harry's cousins aren't working royals. She had worked her whole life, so why now be annoyed you have to continue working, or was it that shr wasn't going to get to do all the tours and visit amazing countries like she'd been sold by Harry?

I still don't know why her continuing to work would have been a problem for them, other European royal spouses continue their career and Harry's cousins aren't working royals. She had worked her whole life, so why now be annoyed you have to continue working, or was it that shr wasn't going to get to do all the tours and visit amazing countries like she'd been sold by Harry?
I think the problem was ā€œthere wasnā€™t money to pay for herā€ and that meant she had to work. I do think Harry and Meghan compared themselves to how William and Kate were treated. Sibling rivalry I guess which is quite often deep seated and long lasting. Guess that is amplified when one of you is the future king and the other labelled a spare.

Reactions: 6
Can you imagine, though šŸ˜ƒ
I bet all her offers of work would have to have been agreed by committee.
can just imagine the Men In Grey Suits deciding if Barmaid in Rovers was better or worse than Killed By Wheel of Cheese (apols to Martine McCutchenson) in Midsomer.

recently saw a tiktok of a girl who went to louise's school saying louise didn't know she was royalty until she went to school.
To be fair, thats not that hard to believe. Sheā€™d only be what? 4 or 5?
Others far older struggle with the concept ā€¦ although I think Andrew had it nailed down in the womb.

• Haha
Considering most people in the country have no idea who ā€˜Louiseā€™ is either, she certainly wasnā€™t in the minorityā€¦

The Queen changed the letters patent before George was born, because if the first born had been a girl as absolute male primogeniture had been abolished, she would be the permanent heir ā€¦ and you couldnā€™t have a first born girl and the direct heir not being a Princess but a second born son and ā€˜spareā€™ being a Prince.
I think that was it.
Ooo that rings a bell! Thank you!

I have a soft spot for Louise- she was terribly bullied for so long, especially about her eye.

Reactions: 5
And she told Oprah that she gave up her whole life including her career for them. They're so inconsistent with their complaining.

Reactions: 7
Anyone else fear the Queen is at the end, now or at least very soon? The "secret visit" has me convinced.

Have to say that once Her Maj goes, I'd be fine with it being the last of the UK having a royal family. Charles is too hippie dippy for me by far, William is possibly the most openly political royal yet which I have mixed feelings about and the rest of them I'm really not keen on aside from Kate who I do quite like. I don't think any of the remaining royals will inspire even 1/4 of respect in people that the Queen has held for all these years. I used to be pretty pro-monarchy but after recent years and various scandals and behaviours I've started to think it's not something that will really work for the good of the country anymore.

Reactions: 13
I think that was it.
My recollection is that, as it stood, Prince/Princess went down to the grandchildren of the monarch through the male line, hence the Kents and Gloucesters having it and HRH as grandchildren of George V. It seems that a living monarch with great-grandchildren wasn't thought of so HM extended it to the Cambridge children as children of the heir to the heir. The Sussex children wouldn't be entitled to the same titles as their cousins until their grandfather became monarch. Charles was apparently thinking of restricting the royal titles of grandchildren to just the direct line which would make the Sussex children the first male line grandchildren without royal titles. I can understand the thinking but it wouldn't be a good look for the first part-black grandchildren of a monarch. (The part-Maori Gloucester grandchildren are too far removed as even their mother isn't royal.)

The Swedish royals came to a compromise. All grandchildren of the monarch, whether children of princes or princesses, have royal titles but only the direct line are HRH. So Princess Madeleine's and Prince Carl Philip's children are Prince/Princess and part of the Royal Family, but only Crown Princess Victoria's are HRH and part of the Royal House, like their uncle and aunt, ie those doing royal duties.

Yes, Sophie Wessex mentioned it in an interview a while back.

So normal, in fact, is the Wessex childrenā€™s relationship with the monarch, that Lady Louise spent years in the dark about who her grandmother really was.

Speaking in an interview recorded ahead of Her Majestyā€™s 90th birthday, the Countess of Wessex told Sky News, ā€œI mean Louise had no concept really that the Queen and her grandmother were one and the same person.ā€

She added, ā€œIt wasnā€™t until she was at school that other children were mentioning it and saying, ā€˜Your gran is the Queenā€™. And sheā€™d come home and say, ā€˜Mummy they say that Grandmama is the Queen.ā€™ And I said, ā€˜Yes,ā€™ and she said, ā€˜I donā€™t understand what they mean.ā€™ā€

Sheā€™s not alone, though.

Her father, Prince Edward, also admitted that he didnā€™t realise that his mother was the monarch until he was five or six.

ā€œI canā€™t necessarily remember when that realisation was there,ā€ he said. ā€œWhen you grow up in that family and in that environment, thatā€™s just what your parents do.ā€

He added, ā€œItā€™s been much more interesting watching our children growing up, and watching our children trying to work out what that this, and how that works. It was probably not until five or six I think.ā€

Reactions: 4
I wonder if Meghan assumed leaving the royal family would make sure she had equal billing with Harry. Up until now (since leaving the U.K.) really she has been the star and he is in the background but the photos of them with Team Ukraine at the Invictus Games, Harry is surrounded and she is cut off and left as a spare part behind him.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else fear the Queen is at the end, now or at least very soon? The "secret visit" has me convinced.

Have to say that once Her Maj goes, I'd be fine with it being the last of the UK having a royal family. Charles is too hippie dippy for me by far, William is possibly the most openly political royal yet which I have mixed feelings about and the rest of them I'm really not keen on aside from Kate who I do quite like. I don't think any of the remaining royals will inspire even 1/4 of respect in people that the Queen has held for all these years. I used to be pretty pro-monarchy but after recent years and various scandals and behaviours I've started to think it's not something that will really work for the good of the country anymore.
The monarchy will last for centuries more, it is part of the culture of the UK. Yes the loss of the Queen will be a blow but no different to the loss of other great Queens like Elizabeth 1st or Victoria. The monarchy will soldier on. Charles will have a short but better than expected reign and William and Kate will renew the monarchy's popularity with younger generations

Reactions: 7
The monarchy will last for centuries more, it is part of the culture of the UK. Yes the loss of the Queen will be a blow but no different to the loss of other great Queens like Elizabeth 1st or Victoria. The monarchy will soldier on. Charles will have a short but better than expected reign and William and Kate will renew the monarchy's popularity with younger generations
No one can say with any certainty what will happen in 20 years' time, let alone 'centuries more'. Change is happening at such a rapid pace, social systems and norms are constantly being reevaluated and morphing, our knowledge as a civilisation keeps growing, our tolerance of antediluvian traditions is shrinking. There are far too many variables to speak with any true conviction of the permanence of an inherently deeply conservative institution that is predicated on 'divine right' in a society that is becoming increasingly liberal and apathetic to religion and convention. You also cannot compare the world post Elizabeth I or Victoria to the world today; they were completely different times - the former having lived in the time of absolute monarchs and the latter having died when the British empire was at its peak.

Anyway, this is a moot argument. Between climate change and megalomaniac leaders with nuclear toys, there may not even be a world to inherit.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.