The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they removed his HRH (instead of just saying he can’t use it publicly) would that have to go via the government? Because I honestly think he should have had it removed.

Cynical part of me thinks the Queen will still support her son financially but just behind the scenes.

Reactions: 16
So
Probably an unpopular opinion but I like Beatrice and Eugenie! They seem harmless enough. I remember Andrew kicked off that they had their Police Protection Officers removed or something?
in a case of pure democracy we will agree to disagree because I am of a different opinion - however i didn’t actually say I didn’t like them but I do believe they are a product of their fathers making….. how’s that? (Further on - I was impressed by the documentary they made)

Reactions: 1
Andrew's really being cut loose now.
Charles is going to get his wish of a slimmed down Monarchy sooner rather than later.
In the space of a couple of years or so, they’ve lost 3 working Royals leaving 7 to take up the slack (have To exclude The Queen here) and 3 of those are septuagenarians. I think William and Kate are going to have to put their shoulders to the wheel now … and I wonder how many of the patronages are going to have to be cut loose,
I wonder how soon George can be brought on board :D

Reactions: 9
FINALLY. That was long overdue. They really took all they could without having to actually bother the government. No I just wish they would also make him refrain from using the titles he still holds (HRH, Duke..) and than cannot be taken just like that.
They didn’t take his title. There is a difference between his title - Prince Andrew, Duke of York - and his style of address - Your Royal Highness. He has been allowed to keep his titles. He cannot use the style of address of Your Royal Highness (or be addressed as such) in any public capacity. I am sure in private his servants will continue addressing him as such.

Reactions: 6
Charles is going to get his wish of a slimmed down Monarchy sooner rather than later.
In the space of a couple of years or so, they’ve lost 3 working Royals leaving 7 to take up the slack (have To exclude The Queen here) and 3 of those are septuagenarians. I think William and Kate are going to have to put their shoulders to the wheel now … and I wonder how many of the patronages are going to have to be cut loose,
I wonder how soon George can be brought on board :D
I wonder how long the Duke of Kent can keep going; he's looked very frail the last couple of times he's been in public. He's 86.

The Duke of Gloucester is 77 and the youngest of that generation of cousins. The Duchess is 75.

Reactions: 7
Cynical part of me thinks the Queen will still support her son financially but just behind the scenes.

If she thinks more big picture, as I hope she does she would realise that information would come out after she dies. It would completely destroy any credibility she had standing to her when she was alive. It would also cripple the already weak monarchy beyond belief. If she wants to keep it going after she dies then she won’t support him in any capacity.

Reactions: 5
They didn’t take his title. There is a difference between his title - Prince Andrew, Duke of York - and his style of address - Your Royal Highness. He has been allowed to keep his titles. He cannot use the style of address of Your Royal Highness (or be addressed as such) in any public capacity. I am sure in private his servants will continue addressing him as such.
Oh I see thanks for explaining, so his daughters will still be princesses - I get it now

Reactions: 2
I don’t think the girls should have to be affected by the actions of their father. He’s already done enough damage to them himself. I do believe he should have his status completed removed so he’s just plain old Andrew.

Reactions: 17
Just seems like a token gesture to me. He's still a Duke, still in the line of succession, a HRH by birthright even if he can't use it in public. He lives in a huge mansion complete with staff cottages, a private chapel and christ knows how many acres...... with full staff, the best of everything that money can buy. It's just a case that he can't swan around in public dropping his HRH right left and centre. I don't believe for one second that he paid the estimated £7.5 million refurb on Royal Lodge either....... especially if Harry and Meghan spent £2 million on Frogspawn Cottage which is a 20th of the size.......

Reactions: 14
I think that any removal of a dukedom or other title has to go through Parliament and I doubt that anyone could be arsed to give any time to that over more pressing matters at the moment.

As for Prince, that is automatic for the child of a monarch or the grandchildren in the male line (about time that was changed to all grandchildren - if they want to keep it - like Sweden where Princess Madeleine's and Crown Princess Victoria's children are automatically prince/princess as that came in with the change to absolute primogeniture. Madeleine's children and her brother's though don't have HRH as they are out of the main line.). He can choose not to use it like Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor/Princess Louise of Wessex or he can ask for it to be removed and the monarch agree which is almost unheard of - the last one was Princess Patricia of Connaught who chose to become Lady Patricia Ramsey on marriage in 1919. That was done by Royal Warrant and her new title as the daughter of a Duke also given by Royal Warrant so I suppose that it could be removed by the Queen but I suspect it would require a lot more for it to come to that.

Definitely. I reckon TQ has loaned him the money to pay off the chalet with a view to him selling it to pay off VG.

She cannot be seen to be involved in any pay off.

PA won't get anything at all from Charles and William.
I read in the daily mail only this week the former owner of the chalet confirmed her £6+million had been repaid.

IMO the press have always had the chance to finish Andy by investigating the source of his wealth, sadly that kind of investigative journalism doesn’t exist these days.

FWIW I don’t think he slept with Virginia (she described Ghislaine's bathroom completely wrong) but definitely the one he let out of Epstein’s NY townhouse, that furtive little glance out of the door…. And I feel sorry for him in a warped way because he’s such a buffoon even if he’s innocent he'll make himself look guilty because he’s so arrogant and hasn’t the feigntist idea of how to behave or what to say.

If he wins his civil case no doubt he will get his royal patronages back but hopefully we will never see him again in public and he can’t take the awful Fergie with him. She’s only ever stuck with him for the money and doors it could open. Remember her selling access to Andrew to the Fake Sheikh? IMO that’s how Andrew 'earned' money, it was a sheikh who paid millions over the odds for sunninghill and don’t forget Andrew was a 'trade envoy' too Out in the Middle East.

I don’t really respect his daughters either, I think they’re both lazy.

Oh wow, why did she relinquish it?
She chose to be styled as Lady Ramsay, to be equal with her husband, but in terms of precedence and rank at events was considered a princess. She was interesting; ahead of her time in many things.

Reactions: 7
Oh wow, why did she relinquish it?
Because she married a commoner!

The question of Patricia's marriage was the subject of much speculation in the Edwardian era, as she was considered one of the most beautiful and eligible royal princesses of her generation. She was matched with various foreign royalties, including the King of Spain, the Prince Royal of Portugal, the future Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz[10] and Grand Duke Michael of Russia, younger brother of Tsar Nicholas II.[4]

In the end, however, Patricia chose a commoner rather than a husband of royal blood. She married naval Commander (later Admiral) Alexander Ramsay (29 May 1881 – 8 October 1972), one of her father's aides-de-camp and third son of the 13th Earl of Dalhousie, at Westminster Abbey on 27 February 1919.

On the occasion of her marriage, Princess Patricia of Connaught was permitted by Royal Warrant to relinquish the style of Royal Highness and the title of Princess of Great Britain and Ireland.[1] She was granted by Royal Warrant of 25 February 1919 the style of Lady Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth Ramsay, with special precedence immediately before the Marchionesses of England.[1] Since the Royal Warrant stated that her change in style took effect only upon the solemnization of her marriage, she entered the church as a Princess and Royal Highness and left as a Lady, a daughter of a royal duke.

Because she married a commoner!

The question of Patricia's marriage was the subject of much speculation in the Edwardian era, as she was considered one of the most beautiful and eligible royal princesses of her generation. She was matched with various foreign royalties, including the King of Spain, the Prince Royal of Portugal, the future Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz[10] and Grand Duke Michael of Russia, younger brother of Tsar Nicholas II.[4]

In the end, however, Patricia chose a commoner rather than a husband of royal blood. She married naval Commander (later Admiral) Alexander Ramsay (29 May 1881 – 8 October 1972), one of her father's aides-de-camp and third son of the 13th Earl of Dalhousie, at Westminster Abbey on 27 February 1919.

On the occasion of her marriage, Princess Patricia of Connaught was permitted by Royal Warrant to relinquish the style of Royal Highness and the title of Princess of Great Britain and Ireland.[1] She was granted by Royal Warrant of 25 February 1919 the style of Lady Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth Ramsay, with special precedence immediately before the Marchionesses of England.[1] Since the Royal Warrant stated that her change in style took effect only upon the solemnization of her marriage, she entered the church as a Princess and Royal Highness and left as a Lady, a daughter of a royal duke.
But did she really wish to relinquish it or did it to save her family face for marrying a commoner?

Wasn't one of his daughters the "mastermind" behind arranging the newsnight interview?

I'm a bit indifferent with those two, I'm glad the royal family slimmed down and they haven't had dutys. The queen made the right decision with that.

Reactions: 8
I wonder how long the Duke of Kent can keep going; he's looked very frail the last couple of times he's been in public. He's 86.

The Duke of Gloucester is 77 and the youngest of that generation of cousins. The Duchess is 75.
The Duke of Kent has had stroke a few years ago and didn’t he have a hip problem as well?
Princess Alexandra is 85, as well.

Can Andy go to prison?
Not from a Civil case, no.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.