The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yet I never once mentioned nor made any comparisons to Republics or Presidents in my quoted post. The Windsors are an over-privileged anachronism and trying to compare them to some supposedly higher evil is irrelevant. But since you've brought it up, the key difference obviously lies in the fact that a President can be impeached and or outright removed from office or voted out. The heir in a Monarchy cannot simply be removed involuntarily and implying that removing them would be simple is disingenuous.

Addditionally, implying that a President politicises and divides a country is erroneous. That may be the case in hard presidencies like the US and France, but in the UK which already has a Prime Minister, there would be a soft presidency where the President is a figurehead only and is not voted in. voted in. This is the system that my country, a member of the Commonwealth, has adopted. We have a two chamber system comprising the ruling and opposition parties led by the Prime Minister and a non-political President who is usually a past member of the civil service, an academic, medical doctor, former judicial figure etc....basically someone who has actually contributed to our society significantly. They hold no sway and cause no division.

Anyway, i digress. I wasn't trying to argue in favour of a Republic in that particular post. Only trying to point out the utter hypocrisy, entitlement and chaos of the Windsors.
Yes they can be removed by Act of Parliament and the next in line of succession appointed, it was Act of Parliament which made George VIth monarch at the abdication.

The UK has a ceremonial head of state known the world over, other nations with ceremonial Presidents are barely known outside their own nations and raise no royal wedding, jubilee or coronation revenue. In any case the UK as a P5 permanent member of the UN Security Council would likely have an imperial presidency like France and the US which is powerful but party political and deeply divisive and hated by half the nation.

Amen to all of this. I'd say the UK already has divisive politics anyway with what seems like a two party option. No one else seems to get a look in. I'm in Ireland, the president is just a figurehead, no power at all. They just go to various events and promote the country. The politics is much more varied with a multitude of parties and even independents being able to get into power. Something for everyone so to speak. Politically I can't see much of a change in the UK if the RF goes. Change comes from the people and there seems to be no willingness to elect anyone other than out of touch public schoolboys.
Nobody has heard of the Irish President outside Ireland. Most of the world has heard of the Queen. The Irish President also costs Irish taxpayers as he lives in a 95 room mansion and he also has no power, no Irish President has ever dismissed an Irish PM or vetoed a law passed by the Dail.

So changing to the Irish model of head of state is pointless

I have always wondered...how could something as scandalous as Windrush happen in a country that supposedly has such good ties to its former colonies? Queen once spoke of ''our great big family''.
Royalists love to point out that royal family has survived cause it evolved and adapted. Then why didn't they employ more people of colour back in 70's or 80's ?

Would an Asian or black Princess of Wales be as welcomed as Diana?
Archie is mixed race and now 7th in line to the throne

This whole bloody family are corrupt.
Anyone bowing and scraping to this bunch of degenerates or continuing to believe they are in any way superior to the rest of us needs their head examining.

Bearing in mind the treatment meted out to Meghan Markle it seems unlikely.
I think their recent attempts to appear to be bothered about equality and diversity are just window dressing.
Allowing a brown person to clean up after you? OK. Allowing a brown person to marry in? Hell no. Think of the bloodline! 🙄
Constitutional monarchies are amongst the wealthiest and most free in the world.

You republicans can be as rude as you like, we monarchists will continue to fight for our royal family, tough!!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes they can be removed by Act of Parliament and the next in line of succession appointed, it was Act of Parliament which made George VIth monarch at the abdication.

The UK has a ceremonial head of state known the world over, other nations with ceremonial Presidents are barely known outside their own nations and raise no royal wedding, jubilee or coronation revenue. In any case the UK as a P5 permanent member of the UN Security Council would likely have an imperial presidency like France and the US which is powerful but party political and deeply divisive and hated by half the nation.

Nobody has heard of the Irish President outside Ireland. Most of the world has heard of the Queen. The Irish President also costs Irish taxpayers as he lives in a 95 room mansion and he also has no power, no Irish President has ever dismissed an Irish PM or vetoed a law passed by the Dail.

Constitutional monarchies are amongst the wealthiest and most free in the world.

You republicans can be as rude as you like, we monarchists will continue to fight for our royal family, tough!!

So most people in the world know the Queen. Meh, so what? Is that enough of a reason to keep the entitled scumbags?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So most people in the world know the Queen. Meh, so what? Is that enough of a reason to keep the entitled scumbags?
She's been head of state for 70 years and her family a major soap opera with loads of tv shows, books and movies about their personal lives. It's not really comparable to the Irish president.

Reactions: 1

How absolutely embarrassing to be defending these people.
You do realise that not a single one of them would piss on you if you were on fire.

• Heart
She's been head of state for 70 years and her family a major soap opera with loads of tv shows, books and movies about their personal lives. It's not really comparable to the Irish president.
Never suggested it was

More people have also heard of the Queen than the German or Italian Presidents, who are also ceremonial heads of state of nations of similar size to the UK

How absolutely embarrassing to be defending these people.
You do realise that not a single one of them would piss on you if you were on fire.
I would far rather have our wonderful royal family than a President Johnson or Blair or an unknown, anonymous ceremonial President.

We have a constitutional not an absolute monarchy anyway so their personal views are irrelevant, their role is just ceremonial

• Haha
Reactions: 6
More people have also heard of the Queen than the German or Italian Presidents, who are also ceremonial heads of state of nations of similar size to the UK

I would far rather have our wonderful royal family than a President Johnson or Blair or an unknown, anonymous ceremonial President.

We have a constitutional not an absolute monarchy anyway so their personal views are irrelevant, their role is just ceremonial
Why does their fame matter? Everyone in the world knew who Donald Trump was but did that make any difference to the lives of the average American?

Yeah but at least if a President or prime minister are sullied you can get rid. You’re stuck with the whole stinking lot of the RF.
Our PM broke the rules he set multiple times, the same rule breaking that got some people fined £10k, then lied to parliament about it, and is still PM. Yes we can get rid in 2 and half years, but that’s still enough time to make decisions that could still impact people in decades.

Reactions: 4
Why does their fame matter? Everyone in the world knew who Donald Trump was but did that make any difference to the lives of the average American?
I just don’t get that either. I’d rather live in a country known for being decent, smart or innovative than having a royal family. I also genuinely don’t get what’s wonderful about our royal family. Most of the time they are a national embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

What on earth is wonderful about that lot? You seem to be so busy tugging your forelock you can’t see what an absolute bunch of low lives they really are.

Reactions: 5
Thread title?

The Royal Family #12 Liars, scoundrels, they’re not that great. All in line for head of state.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I just don’t get that either. I’d rather live in a country known for being decent, smart or innovative than having a royal family. I also genuinely don’t get what’s wonderful about our royal family. Most of the time they are a national embarrassment.
The royal family is one of the best things globally about the UK. The Queen is known worldwide for her lifetime of service, better them than a divisive party political President or anonymous head of state

What on earth is wonderful about that lot? You seem to be so busy tugging your forelock you can’t see what an absolute bunch of low lives they really are.
I can see the agenda of far left republicans like you, which monarchists like me will fight every step of the way

• Haha
This whole bloody family are corrupt.
Anyone bowing and scraping to this bunch of degenerates or continuing to believe they are in any way superior to the rest of us needs their head examining.

Bearing in mind the treatment meted out to Meghan Markle it seems unlikely.
I think their recent attempts to appear to be bothered about equality and diversity are just window dressing.
Allowing a brown person to clean up after you? OK. Allowing a brown person to marry in? Hell no. Think of the bloodline! 🙄
You do know that Meghan Markle wasn't the first mixed race person to marry into the Royal Family?
20220216_141250.jpg

Gary Lewis married Lady Davina Windsor in 2004

I'd just come here to post about this.
Just a hatchet job by Republic which has an agenda. Plenty of Lords have been Labour or Tory donors. Note however Charles was not directly involved in the running of this charity and is not under any investigation for any charitable donations

• Sick
Reactions: 2
That doesn’t say much for the UK. How utterly sad and depressing.
Well people don't come to the UK for the weather do they! Plenty come to watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, to see the Trooping of the Colour on Horseguards, to go to Windsor Castle, to watch our royal weddings or Jubilees etc

Well people don't come to the UK for the weather do they! Plenty come to watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, to see the Trooping of the Colour on Horseguards, to go to Windsor Castle, to watch our royal weddings or Jubilees etc
So tourists visiting the UK only visit England and for the royal “attractions”?

Reactions: 5
I'm not sure if you are being serious or taking the piss to be honest!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.