The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Savile also dined at Chequers with the Blairs and Thatchers, he had huge power in the BBC and with the police, did an advertising campaign for BR and was honoured by the Roman Catholic church. He fooled everyone, including the 20 million Britons who watched Jim'll Fix It every week in the 1980s
He was hideous though. What on earth did people like about him? He wasn’t even charming for the cameras and often seemed weird and offhand from my limited recollections of him.

Reactions: 8
This outcome suits them both. He avoids a trial and can get back to his cushy life.

Virginia, with whom I have a lot of sympathy - has changed her story several times, and therefore avoids getting torn apart on the witness stand, plus people will see this as an admission of his guilt and the money goes to her anti-trafficking charity. Win-win, surely?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Raised concern but nobody said a word. Also - why on earth was he 'counselling' royal couples?

Obviously because of his experience of a long-standing happy marriage 🙄
Not a single person said a word. They just gave him a Knighthood, an invite to dindins at the Palace and the keys to Broadmoor.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Savile is really a bad example. Because by that proxy almost all people knew something and didn’t care or were actually involved. Being at the same events or having one of those business relationships where you golf together or meet for a formal dinners once in a while is not exactly proof someone was in on it. I will say though, that I am pretty sure many suspect their acquaintance is a bit suspicious and rather choose to ignore it, shut down eyes and ears, try very actively not to come to a position of knowledge. So they can claim they had no idea whatsoever. But that goes for the RF as much as for all the high profile people that meet someone like this regular at events and in business contexts.

I am very conflicted about the settlement to be honest. VG never had good chances in court if you look at the hard evidence. Her best chance was Andrew making a fool of himself in court again. She claimed she wasn’t in it for money it but to restore her reputation. It was not her first rodeo in this story, so she knew what court would entail. The questioning, the smear campaign and so forth. I wouldn’t fault her for going into it with open eyes and good intentions only to realise it’s too hard and taking the money instead. I mean, I would have definitely have taken the money for sure. It still leaves a bitter aftertaste, especially as he doesn’t admit to any wrong doings (apart from basically repeating his stupid sob story of top honourable to drop the convicted peadophile) in their statement and she acted kind of a martyr for pursuing him anyway prior.
Andrew on the other hand definitely reached a point (by his own actions) were he was deemed guilty before anything went hot in court. He had good chances but even a win would have not helped his reputation. It would have just been written off as a wealthy man getting away with it again. There was really nothing to win for him. So a settlement to just make it stop was a wise decision.
I am not sure if the settlement was paid for by mummy. She might have. I think the whole RF would be in favour just to make sure all of it disappears and Andrew doesn’t open his mouth in court. But for all his claims about his financial situation, I am absolutely convinced Andrew could come up with quite a massive sum if he really has to. Maybe liquidate some assets. They are all loaded. Heck, Harry got a 10mil inheritance from his mother. That means the same amount for Wiliam. How did Diana accumulate that amount of money (and this usnot including other assets)? Andrew had some more decades so his investments probably generate thousands by the second. They also make a tit ton of money through private investments, privately owned properties they rent out, business schemes they run or are silently involved in.

Now, the whole thing will be forever unresolved though. The ones that are firmly pro VG will say he settled because he is guilty. The ones that are anti VG will say she was always just lying and used the idiot as a cash cow. (I don’t think a significant number is actually pro Andrew. Most despise him for various reasons and rather see him from behind.)
It will be interesting if he (and the RF) try to reintroduced him to the public. I really hope their advisors have realised it will be impossible. He just has too many skeletons in the closet (one being his title riding ex). I think if we ever see him on a balcony again, it will be far far in the back. I just hope he never opens his mouth again and disappears. Maybe starts beekeeping in the grounds of royal lodge or Aquarell painting.

Raised concern but nobody said a word. Also - why on earth was he 'counselling' royal couples?
I very much doubt this. As if and how would we know about it. And if true, the outcome is just what you would expect. But how are the chances? It’s not as if they were actually close confidants (the real inner circles are all pretty public shy and stay silent). The RF, just as many political and other high profile people have tons of acquaintances and are dancing on the fine line of shielding their private life while also giving those people the feeling of being in with them. It’s actually quite fascinating. Just like inviting the PM on your holiday is no sign you actually personally like them or have any real private relationship with them. Same with those big shooting parties. It’s a minefield of social cues and rules and the royals most definitely are masters in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Savile is really a bad example. Because by that proxy almost all people knew something and didn’t care or were actually involved. Being at the same events or having one of those business relationships where you golf together or meet for a formal dinners once in a while is not exactly proof someone was in on it. I will say though, that I am pretty sure many suspect their acquaintance is a bit suspicious and rather choose to ignore it, shut down eyes and ears, try very actively not to come to a position of knowledge. So they can claim they had no idea whatsoever. But that goes for the RF as much as for all the high profile people that meet someone like this regular at events and in business contexts.
But the Royals didn’t just meet Savile at events or in a business context. How many royal ‘acquaintances’ get invited over for Christmas? Or are asked by the husband to counsel his wife when their marriage is breaking down?

Interesting that Savile wasnt the only pervert who managed to make friends with Charles.
Lauren’s van der Post had a child with a 14 year old girl.
Charles friend, Peter Ball was a former Bishop who was finally convicted of sexually assaulting a 17 year old monk and had allegations of abuse stretching back decades. And who, supposedly introduced Ball to Charles? Jimmy Savile. 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 9
But the Royals didn’t just meet Savile at events or in a business context. How many royal ‘acquaintances’ get invited over for Christmas? Or are asked by the husband to counsel his wife when their marriage is breaking down?

Interesting that Savile wasnt the only pervert who managed to make friends with Charles.
Charles friend, Peter Ball was a former Bishop who was finally convicted of sexually assaulting a 17 year old monk and had allegations of abuse stretching back decades. And who, supposedly introduced Ball to Charles? Jimmy Savile. 🤬
Who says Jimmy Saville spent Christmas with the royals? He said he spent many NYE at Chequers only for that to be rubbished by those who were actually there. No one from royal circles would say he counselled anyone’s marriage. He has said it and the royals haven’t denied it as they don’t.

Reactions: 8

The royals seem to have a lot of skeletons in their closet - I bet they are relived that Andrew won’t be interviewed under oath because he would definitely let a few slip.

The royals seem to have a lot of skeletons in their closet - I bet they are relived that Andrew won’t be interviewed under oath because he would definitely let a few slip.
Very much so. If the British press were actually objective, this family would not have been allowed to continue on for so long. It's so obvious that there is indeed an invisible contract between the Press and the Palace and so the unsavoury rumours are hushed up while the scapegoats and fall guys have a spotlight focused on them. I wish I could live to see the day where the truth comes out about them - the hidden wills, their involvement in laws that affect them, the Diana and Charles years and all the accompanying affairs, their friendships with known pedophiles and rapists, their consorting with Middle Eastern despots, the bullying of staff from senior royals, leaks from one Palace/household against another.

They are a soap opera that's been legitimised and glorified because of a fancy family tree and enormous wealth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If that’s true then Andrew could have refused to settle and gone to court to prove his innocence. No one settles something like this if they are innocent.
That's quite a naive thing to say to be honest. It happens all the time. I always expected Andrew to settle.

The settlement has come now as Andrew has been trying for a long time to get the case thrown out altogether but that has failed and was heading to a civilian trial which is very different to a criminal trial. It's already cost Andrew a fortune in legal fees and that's only going to continue. The fall out from the case is going to messy for both sides and I can guarantee there wouldn't be a winner. Both reputations would be absolutely trashed. Look at Amber Heard and Johnny Depp.

A lot of companies and organisations like the police will more often than not pay out civilian claims rather than go to court just because it is cheaper and is less damaging.

I doubt TQ has paid for it. I'll wager that she's told Andrew he has to pay for it, hence the chalet sale, and she'll make sure he can live at Royal Lodge quite comfortably.

I am very conflicted about the settlement to be honest. VG never had good chances in court if you look at the hard evidence. Her best chance was Andrew making a fool of himself in court again. She claimed she wasn’t in it for money it but to restore her reputation. It was not her first rodeo in this story, so she knew what court would entail. The questioning, the smear campaign and so forth. I wouldn’t fault her for going into it with open eyes and good intentions only to realise it’s too hard and taking the money instead. I mean, I would have definitely have taken the money for sure. It still leaves a bitter aftertaste, especially as he doesn’t admit to any wrong doings (apart from basically repeating his stupid sob story of top honourable to drop the convicted peadophile) in their statement and she acted kind of a martyr for pursuing him anyway prior.
Andrew on the other hand definitely reached a point (by his own actions) were he was deemed guilty before anything went hot in court. He had good chances but even a win would have not helped his reputation. It would have just been written off as a wealthy man getting away with it again. There was really nothing to win for him. So a settlement to just make it stop was a wise decision.
I am not sure if the settlement was paid for by mummy. She might have. I think the whole RF would be in favour just to make sure all of it disappears and Andrew doesn’t open his mouth in court. But for all his claims about his financial situation, I am absolutely convinced Andrew could come up with quite a massive sum if he really has to. Maybe liquidate some assets. They are all loaded. Heck, Harry got a 10mil inheritance from his mother. That means the same amount for Wiliam. How did Diana accumulate that amount of money (and this usnot including other assets)? Andrew had some more decades so his investments probably generate thousands by the second. They also make a tit ton of money through private investments, privately owned properties they rent out, business schemes they run or are silently involved in.

Now, the whole thing will be forever unresolved though. The ones that are firmly pro VG will say he settled because he is guilty. The ones that are anti VG will say she was always just lying and used the idiot as a cash cow. (I don’t think a significant number is actually pro Andrew. Most despise him for various reasons and rather see him from behind.)
It will be interesting if he (and the RF) try to reintroduced him to the public. I really hope their advisors have realised it will be impossible. He just has too many skeletons in the closet (one being his title riding ex). I think if we ever see him on a balcony again, it will be far far in the back. I just hope he never opens his mouth again and disappears. Maybe starts beekeeping in the grounds of royal lodge or Aquarell painting.

I very much doubt this. As if and how would we know about it. And if true, the outcome is just what you would expect. But how are the chances? It’s not as if they were actually close confidants (the real inner circles are all pretty public shy and stay silent). The RF, just as many political and other high profile people have tons of acquaintances and are dancing on the fine line of shielding their private life while also giving those people the feeling of being in with them. It’s actually quite fascinating. Just like inviting the PM on your holiday is no sign you actually personally like them or have any real private relationship with them. Same with those big shooting parties. It’s a minefield of social cues and rules and the royals most definitely are masters in this.
But the Royals and Savile were not business contacts, they had a close personal friendship with him lol

Reactions: 2
Very much so. If the British press were actually objective, this family would not have been allowed to continue on for so long. It's so obvious that there is indeed an invisible contract between the Press and the Palace and so the unsavoury rumours are hushed up while the scapegoats and fall guys have a spotlight focused on them. I wish I could live to see the day where the truth comes out about them - the hidden wills, their involvement in laws that affect them, the Diana and Charles years and all the accompanying affairs, their friendships with known pedophiles and rapists, their consorting with Middle Eastern despots, the bullying of staff from senior royals, leaks from one Palace/household against another.

They are a soap opera that's been legitimised and glorified because of a fancy family tree and enormous wealth.
Considering TWO US Presidents, Trump and Clinton, were linked to Epstein and they were heads of state unlike Andrew the idea Republics are led by whiter than white leaders is ludicrous. Note too plenty of papers like the Mirror and Guardian are anti monarchy, as is Rupert Murdoch as he wants to turn the UK and Australia into clones of the USA!!

That's quite a naive thing to say to be honest. It happens all the time. I always expected Andrew to settle.

The settlement has come now as Andrew has been trying for a long time to get the case thrown out altogether but that has failed and was heading to a civilian trial which is very different to a criminal trial. It's already cost Andrew a fortune in legal fees and that's only going to continue. The fall out from the case is going to messy for both sides and I can guarantee there wouldn't be a winner. Both reputations would be absolutely trashed. Look at Amber Heard and Johnny Depp.

A lot of companies and organisations like the police will more often than not pay out civilian claims rather than go to court just because it is cheaper and is less damaging.

I doubt TQ has paid for it. I'll wager that she's told Andrew he has to pay for it, hence the chalet sale, and she'll make sure he can live at Royal Lodge quite comfortably.
I will bet any money she has. He hadn't even paid off the chalet yet, iirc the proceeds were going to original owner who had taken Andrew to court

Considering TWO US Presidents, Trump and Clinton, were linked to Epstein and they were heads of state unlike Andrew the idea Republics are led by whiter than white leaders is ludicrous. Note too plenty of papers like the Mirror and Guardian are anti monarchy, as is Rupert Murdoch as he wants to turn the UK and Australia into clones of the USA!!
Yeah but at least if a President or prime minister are sullied you can get rid. You’re stuck with the whole stinking lot of the RF.

Reactions: 10
Yeah but at least if a President or prime minister are sullied you can get rid. You’re stuck with the whole stinking lot of the RF.
You then end up with the deeply divisive party political Presidents like in France or the USA who half the country hate. Hence I am and always will be a monarchist.

In any case as the abdication showed Parliament can replace one monarch with the next in the line of succession if absolutely necessary

Reactions: 2
So Britain hates ephebophile, but loves the Queen who supports the ephebophile.Make it make sense please.

Reactions: 3
And yet I never once mentioned nor made any comparisons to Republics or Presidents in my quoted post. The Windsors are an over-privileged anachronism and trying to compare them to some supposedly higher evil is irrelevant. But since you've brought it up, the key difference obviously lies in the fact that a President can be impeached and or outright removed from office or voted out. The heir in a Monarchy cannot simply be removed involuntarily and implying that removing them would be simple is disingenuous.

Addditionally, implying that a President politicises and divides a country is erroneous. That may be the case in hard presidencies like the US and France, but in the UK which already has a Prime Minister, there would be a soft presidency where the President is a figurehead only and is not voted in. voted in. This is the system that my country, a member of the Commonwealth, has adopted. We have a two chamber system comprising the ruling and opposition parties led by the Prime Minister and a non-political President who is usually a past member of the civil service, an academic, medical doctor, former judicial figure etc....basically someone who has actually contributed to our society significantly. They hold no sway and cause no division.

Anyway, i digress. I wasn't trying to argue in favour of a Republic in that particular post. Only trying to point out the utter hypocrisy, entitlement and chaos of the Windsors.

• Heart
And yet I never once mentioned nor made any comparisons to Republics or Presidents in my quoted post. The Windsors are an over-privileged anachronism and trying to compare them to some supposedly higher evil is irrelevant. But since you've brought it up, the key difference obviously lies in the fact that a President can be impeached and or outright removed from office or voted out. The heir in a Monarchy cannot simply be removed involuntarily and implying that removing them would be simple is disingenuous.

Addditionally, implying that a President politicises and divides a country is erroneous. That may be the case in hard presidencies like the US and France, but in the UK which already has a Prime Minister, there would be a soft presidency where the President is a figurehead only and is not voted in. voted in. This is the system that my country, a member of the Commonwealth, has adopted. We have a two chamber system comprising the ruling and opposition parties led by the Prime Minister and a non-political President who is usually a past member of the civil service, an academic, medical doctor, former judicial figure etc....basically someone who has actually contributed to our society significantly. They hold no sway and cause no division.

Anyway, i digress. I wasn't trying to argue in favour of a Republic in that particular post. Only trying to point out the utter hypocrisy, entitlement and chaos of the Windsors.
Amen to all of this. I'd say the UK already has divisive politics anyway with what seems like a two party option. No one else seems to get a look in. I'm in Ireland, the president is just a figurehead, no power at all. They just go to various events and promote the country. The politics is much more varied with a multitude of parties and even independents being able to get into power. Something for everyone so to speak. Politically I can't see much of a change in the UK if the RF goes. Change comes from the people and there seems to be no willingness to elect anyone other than out of touch public schoolboys.

• Heart
I have always wondered...how could something as scandalous as Windrush happen in a country that supposedly has such good ties to its former colonies? Queen once spoke of ''our great big family''.
Royalists love to point out that royal family has survived cause it evolved and adapted. Then why didn't they employ more people of colour back in 70's or 80's ?

Would an Asian or black Princess of Wales be as welcomed as Diana?

This whole bloody family are corrupt.
Anyone bowing and scraping to this bunch of degenerates or continuing to believe they are in any way superior to the rest of us needs their head examining.

I have always wondered...how could something as scandalous as Windrush happen in a country that supposedly has such good ties to its former colonies? Queen once spoke of ''our great big family''.
Royalists love to point out that royal family has survived cause it evolved and adapted. Then why didn't they employ more people of colour back in 70's or 80's ?

Would an Asian or black Princess of Wales be as welcomed as Diana?
Bearing in mind the treatment meted out to Meghan Markle it seems unlikely.
I think their recent attempts to appear to be bothered about equality and diversity are just window dressing.
Allowing a brown person to clean up after you? OK. Allowing a brown person to marry in? Hell no. Think of the bloodline! 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.