The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Victoria is just the more famous image tbh. I haven’t seen those QM photos before,

Reactions: 1
They have keyed red in this photo. Means that they are 'pushing' the red through more than other colours. It will create a washed out effect, as its essentially another version of Black & White and Sepia.

Reactions: 2
Here is the Princess Margaret shots that the Queen Mother oversaw, but that the Princess hated.
I can see why she hated them. As a wild child and a party girl.... yeah.. doesn't really represent her! As a future queen however, they're perfect, but that's not what Margaret was. Kate will be the Queen, so therefore trying to look like the Queen Mother, who was pretty much universally loved (from what I know), make a heck of a lot of sense.

Reactions: 6
Hi there
Sorry, I was being sarcastic re the Beckham mention but I just don’t think these particular shots were very good. I think they fall between two stools, so to speak. Yes definitely aiming for ethereal and magical but maybe it’s the actual angle of the head? I don’t know, just not my cup of tea.

Reactions: 1
The photos are all over the place so I came for a looksee on what people made of them - given I thought they were odd. Ok I do hope?

Reactions: 3
I get what you mean! It’s all a bit disjointed. I only like one of them, the others can go!

They have keyed red in this photo. Means that they are 'pushing' the red through more than other colours. It will create a washed out effect, as its essentially another version of Black & White and Sepia.
That’s cool, I didn’t know about this technique! Wish they had some red on her lips because it looks a bit washed out for me.

I think Victoria is just the more famous image tbh. I haven’t seen those QM photos before,
I’m interested in Royalty and I haven’t seen some of those photos before!

I just think it’s weird that we hear so much PR spin about William wanting to “modernise the Royal Family” but then they release these photos that look as if they could’ve been taken in 1922.

What normal person under the age of 50 who is indifferent or apathetic towards the royals is going to look at these and think “How cool! I am now a fully paid-up royalist!”

They aren’t just out of touch with ordinary people, they are out of touch with anything related to fashion or pop culture from the Swinging 60s revolution onwards.

Tragic.

Reactions: 13
Funny how people are saying queen Victoria, although I see it, to me its classic Queen Mother
Looked up these photos and apparently the QM was inspired by Princess Olga of Yugoslavia. I can see the similarities between his photos.

I really love this dress the QM is wearing - wonder what happened to it!

What normal person under the age of 50 who is indifferent or apathetic towards the royals is going to look at these and think “How cool! I am now a fully paid-up royalist!”
I don’t think that would be possible whatever photographer or style they went for, I don’t think that’s the aim of these images.
i always find it amusing when William or Charles mention modernising the Monarchy because Royalty and Monarchy are archaic by their very nature.

Reactions: 5
That’s cool, I didn’t know about this technique! Wish they had some red on her lips because it looks a bit washed out for me.
Same here! A red lip and maybe some garnet earrings would look fantastic, bringing the colour up to her face! (this effect looks incredible with red heads)

Same here! A red lip and maybe some garnet earrings would look fantastic, bringing the colour up to her face! (this effect looks incredible with red heads)
Oooo I love the idea for garnet earrings.

(or even a garnet tiara. there is no getting away from the fact they are royalty so let us see the good stuff!)

Reactions: 4

Ok but nobody “shamed” her here.

Reactions: 7
Oooo I love the idea for garnet earrings.

(or even a garnet tiara. there is no getting away from the fact they are royalty so let us see the good stuff!)
I get the whole 'we must be relatable to the people' but let's be honest, if any of us were in the same royal position with the opportunity to wear the diamonds and sparkle, we'd never take them off!

Reactions: 3
but personally I would never shame a woman for wearing her natural curls. I think its great she‘s starting to embrace them more.
I hate to break it to but the hair here is heavily styled. Her natural hair isn’t that uniformed in its waviness.

Reactions: 8
I wonder with the tiaras if they don’t want to do too much jewels because there’s still Charles and Camilla to go. There was a lot of H&M are trying to steal the spotlight articles, maybe W&K are trying to avoid those by looking too King & Queen too early. I would love to see it though, and a new tiara that isn’t the lovers knot.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.