The Royal Family #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Kate's portraits look horrid, really out-of-touch looking but I can't quite put my finger on why.

I agree that the side portrait one, if she had her hair up, would be a perfect Victorian era portrait.

Reactions: 6
I think it's definitely inspired by the pre-Raphaelite look as well as the Beaton fairytale vibes. It's very much a tie-in to the style of other portraits in the past. Wish she'd have her hair up. It's distracting!

Reactions: 4
The one where she's looking into the camera is gorgeous. Not too keen on the side angle one and I don't like the dress she's wearing in it either. I think they could have done a nod to the style of royal portraits in the past but this is just a copy of it and it doesn't hit the right note for me.

Reactions: 1
I like this one the best. She has a lovely smile and looks really fresh faced and pretty. Can’t put my finger on it, but she looks so different in the one with the red dress. Her face seems a different shape.
She looks fresh faced due to the heavy filtering, they've worked wonders getting rid of her hardness.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I do think that if none of us can decide of a favourite, or which ones the worst.. shows they're good photos. She looks stunning, the photos reflect her creativity and elegance. I love how timeless each of them are, the fact a 'commoner' reminds you all so much of the Victorian RF... perhaps thats what they were going for? To, in all aspects, include her in the history, despite her having married in. They want to make her look like a future Queen.

Reactions: 5
Yes - aesthetically and regarding previous art styles used to formalize representations of the Royal Family this is definitely in that same wheelhouse inspired by the fairytale filtered Beaton. Thinking more about it I definitely feel they are modeled after Beaton's portrait of the Queen and Margaret without the fantastical backgrounds or massive jewelry but the softness. Kate has a hard face (she just does, it's not an insult) and she looks fresh and youthful here with the filtering, but also very Royal in a way I have never seen in portraits of her. Wish she'd have her hair up and a tiara however. Would have completed the picture.

The seated one gives me vibes of portraits of Queen Victoria or her daughters when young with the sepia coloring, expression and flowing hair.

I wish they didn't edit them so much. Show her wrinkles and laugh lines. She's 40, she isn't 20.

Reactions: 7
I think it's definitely inspired by the pre-Raphaelite look as well as the Beaton fairytale vibes. It's very much a tie-in to the style of other portraits in the past. Wish she'd have her hair up. It's distracting!
This could just be me, but I really don't understand what you mean by her hair being distracting? It's not in her face, and she does have very long hair as she has her whole life... I think if her hair was to be up, the general public would say that she looks too prim and proper, too far removed from the 'real world'. I think the flowing locks serve Princess vibes through and through.

Reactions: 3
This could just be me, but I really don't understand what you mean by her hair being distracting? It's not in her face, and she does have very long hair as she has her whole life... I think if her hair was to be up, the general public would say that she looks too prim and proper, too far removed from the 'real world'. I think the flowing locks serve Princess vibes through and through.
The hair to me always seemed like her protection. It's always in the way and seems a bit immature. I have long hair, too, but it's just the way she styles it with the childish curls. I loved her hair when it was at/past the shoulder, it looked great and modern. The long hair on her always bothered me just because it feels in the way or like a curtain.

Half-up half down would have been nice too.

Reactions: 1
I’ve created a new thread #11 but am having trouble linking and I can no longer delete. Anyone know how?

New thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.