The Receipts Podcast

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Around the time of one of their set of live shows there was a # on twitter, so anyone going alone could connect with others and go together... I remember someone saying they met up with the group they got to know sometime after too šŸ¤—

Reactions: 4
Around the time of one of their set of live shows there was a # on twitter, so anyone going alone could connect with others and go together... I remember someone saying they met up with the group they got to know sometime after too šŸ¤—
Oh really? I didn't see that or get to meet anyone šŸ˜¢. They probably won't do that again this time, because of covid safety measures, to avoid too much household mixing.

Audrey has turned off her Instagram comments, anyone know why?
Must be to do with her defending another influencer friend of hers, for not speaking out about what's happening in Israel. Her influencer friend said she didn't know enough about it to speak about it. There was some backlash, although a lot of people did side with her also, saying why be forced into speaking about something you don't know about.
Audrey then defended her in a series of ranting (now deleted) tweets.

This seems to be the only tweet she kept

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Must be to do with her defending another influencer friend of hers, for not speaking out about what's happening in Israel. Her influencer friend said she didn't know enough about it to speak about it. There was some backlash, although a lot of people did side with her also, saying why be forced into speaking about something you don't know about.

It was Melissaā€™s Wardrobe wasnā€™t it

Reactions: 3

Iā€™m sorry anyone who says they donā€™t know enough about it after itā€™s been huge on social media is purposely choosing not to know. Itā€™s very easy to not talk about things that donā€™t directly impact you. Melissas wardrobe said she didnā€™t speak up cause sheā€™s black.. makes 0 sense to me. And Audrey was stupid for defending her. Itā€™s a human issue. The colour of your skin doesnā€™t define whether you should care about kids being killed and ethnic cleansing. Audrey deserved the backlash as did her dumb friend. Also, if you donā€™t know enough but have time post numerous tweets about not knowing enough you could try stop being so ridiculous and educate yourself instead of ranting. She chose to act oblivious. Sorry for ranting but Iā€™m sick of these dumb girls. I usually love Audrey but she was an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m sorry anyone who says they donā€™t know enough about it after itā€™s been huge on social media is purposely choosing not to know. Itā€™s very easy to not talk about things that donā€™t directly impact you. Melissas wardrobe said she didnā€™t speak up cause sheā€™s black.. makes 0 sense to me. And Audrey was stupid for defending her. Itā€™s a human issue. The colour of your skin doesnā€™t define whether you should care about kids being killed and ethnic cleansing. Audrey deserved the backlash as did her dumb friend. Also, if you donā€™t know enough but have time post numerous tweets about not knowing enough you could try stop being so ridiculous and educate yourself instead of ranting. She chose to act oblivious. Sorry for ranting but Iā€™m sick of these dumb girls. I usually love Audrey but she was an idiot.
But she didnā€™t say she didnā€™t speak up cause sheā€™s black. The person who messaged her said why did you put more energy into BLM and she said itā€™s cause sheā€™s black and then later followed up and said she felt more comfortable speaking on issues she knew more about because of the proximity she has to it.

I really find nothing wrong with that. I am a fierce supporter of Palestine but Iā€™ve seen so many misinformed in for graphics shared by influencers that has annoyed mešŸ„“ Iā€™d rather they did say nothing cause they are making themselves look silly and just reposting stuff so people shut up. I donā€™t look to MW or even Audrey for political support or info so canā€™t be mad if they donā€™t share. Iā€™m actually more hurt when they spread tit just to get people off their backs.

• Heart
You have completely misunderstood Mels point. She didn't say that. Thank you for the poster above who corrected you.
Audrey or Mel did not say they couldn't research and find out about it. But we can all be educated on lots of things happening all over the world.
What about what's happening with the farmers in India? The Yemen crisis? The famine in Nigeria? ...the list goes on!

No one is 'purposely' not educating themsleves
What an assumption to make! Furthermore, I don't look up to a fashionista or a podcaster to inform me.

This week, Kim Kardashian posted about it, and clearly didn't understand what was really happening, she posted the wrong thing! That could cause more harm than good. Kim, who has millions and a law degree, and access to the best educate - yet still didn't even know what she was talking about.

To add to that, Audrey's tweets wasn't really defending Mel, but we're adding to the conversation. Audrey was talking influencers being harassed online by people telling influencers in general to post about it. That's not right either. We don't need performative activism!

Do tell me, what causes have YOU donated to recently? How have YOU helped spread the word? What conversations have YOU had with your family and friends to educate them?

My point is, we can all do more, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
At no point have I ever said I look up to or anyone should look up to a relationship podcaster to be informed. However, if you as a HUMAN have an issue with speaking up about something so disgusting and heartbreaking thatā€™s FLOODING social media and can see so many people still not talking and canā€™t raise awareness so more people are educated thatā€™s weird.
People with big platforms have more reach hence the outrage when they choose to be mute. Especially over something like children being killed. It definitely makes their audience question them. Even friends not talking about it makes you side eye. How can you not be like ā€œeh?ā€
To be honest, saying that though I donā€™t really pay that much attention to who has posted and hasnā€™t purely cause Iā€™d rather focus on the cause. My issue is people talking about ā€œitā€ but refusing to talk about ā€œitā€ and giving excuses.

However, I will say the screenshots about Mel I saw clearly didnā€™t have the full story. So thank you both for providing the back story. I did see Audreys tweets on her Instagram story and Iā€™m certain at least one was about about not posting cause she doesnā€™t know enough. The wording in the tweets were weird to me. Youā€™re better off learning than posting tweets about you not knowing. Its not hard to educate yourselves. Maybe thatā€™s why SOME people were mad? ā€œI donā€™t know enoughā€ is an excuse. If anyone has ssā€™s to disprove that go ahead.
I agree though, itā€™s wrong to hound people to talk but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s questionable behaviour from their end. It doesnā€™t matter who you are. Nowadays people get their ā€œnewsā€ from social media as crazy as that is. So if your fav influencer is being weird and saying ā€œsorry not for meā€ Iā€™m not surprised more people have called them out. In my opinion, Itā€™s one thing not talking but another coming out with excuses for why you arenā€™t.

Reactions: 2
At no point have I ever said I look up to or anyone should look up to a relationship podcaster to be informed. However, if you as a HUMAN have an issue with speaking up about something so disgusting and heartbreaking thatā€™s FLOODING social media and can see so many people still not talking and canā€™t raise awareness so more people are educated thatā€™s weird.
People with big platforms have more reach hence the outrage when they choose to be mute. Especially over something like children being killed. It definitely makes their audience question them. Even friends not talking about it makes you side eye. How can you not be like ā€œeh?ā€
To be honest, saying that though I donā€™t really pay that much attention to who has posted and hasnā€™t purely cause Iā€™d rather focus on the cause. My issue is people talking about ā€œitā€ but refusing to talk about ā€œitā€ and giving excuses.

However, I will say the screenshots about Mel I saw clearly didnā€™t have the full story. So thank you both for providing the back story. I did see Audreys tweets on her Instagram story and Iā€™m certain at least one was about about not posting cause she doesnā€™t know enough. The wording in the tweets were weird to me. Youā€™re better off learning than posting tweets about you not knowing. Its not hard to educate yourselves. Maybe thatā€™s why SOME people were mad? ā€œI donā€™t know enoughā€ is an excuse. If anyone has ssā€™s to disprove that go ahead.
I agree though, itā€™s wrong to hound people to talk but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s questionable behaviour from their end. It doesnā€™t matter who you are. Nowadays people get their ā€œnewsā€ from social media as crazy as that is. So if your fav influencer is being weird and saying ā€œsorry not for meā€ Iā€™m not surprised more people have called them out. In my opinion, Itā€™s one thing not talking but another coming out with excuses for why you arenā€™t.
I do honestly actually agree with what you're saying here. I'm just seeing things from both sides. Yes influencers have big platforms, but it's seriously not their responsibility to educate ppl. We are only responsible for ourselves, regardless. That's why the news is there.
Maybe that influencer is triggered by certain topics? Or going through something and cannot cope with all the news?

I also agree that Audrey shouldn't have tweeted all that. It added fuel to the fire, rather than settling things. But it makes you more hostile when people are trying to bash you for not posting, rather than just educating you. And then posting the screenshots publicly? Yes, I question their motives. Some people are more into 'cancel culture' and ridiculing others than the cause itself IMO. If a followers goes out of their way to do that, then they also have time to send them article links to help educate them. I feel some followers are very entitled and have their own causes that they care about more than others, or have things they aren't aware of, so it's hypocritical.
But yes! I do think people should educate themsleves, of course.

Reactions: 4
Iā€™d love to go to the live show but I donā€™t actually have any friends that listen to the podcastšŸ˜‚ i really donā€™t like like Tolly anymore, like stated above she always finds a way to disagree and make out that her opinion is better.
Iā€™ve also got the vibe recently that she really strongly dislikes mixed race people and tries to make out that their hurt and struggle with racism canā€™t compare to hers or black (with mum and dad being black) she gets so triggered about mixed race people identifying as black however the same energy isnā€™t there when sheā€™s obsessing over drake
Same on the no friends who listen. Iā€™d love to go too šŸ¤£

I listened to this episode this morning and I was TRIGGERED.

I find it really hard to listen to them (mainly Tolly) discuss mixed race people. Possibly I struggle because I am mixed race but I find that theyā€™re so dismissive of mixed race women. Iā€™m aware that thereā€™s a ā€˜light skin privilegeā€™ and colourism does of course exists and of course Iā€™ve personally never experience something a darker skinned women has, but that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t speak up on racism. She was very angry about Leigh-Anne from LM identifying as black and said if you have one white parent youā€™re mixed - both of Leigh-Anneā€™s parents are mixed and have always identified as black. Why is that not okay in the eyes of Tolly (and Audrey) then she went on to discuss drake like you said and I was just like wtf. Whereā€™s that same energy.

A while ago when discussing Megan Markle and I think Audrey said ā€˜this sounds like a mixed race persons issueā€™ - that really bothered me, because if mixed race people said ā€˜this sounds like a black persons issueā€™ on anything racism they would be LIVID. Not sure why from these girls there has to be a massive divide between black & mixed race.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well I'm going to the show (hopefully loool), I'm probably going to go with 1 friend, if anyone would like someone to go with, we can meet up earlier get some drinks and go :) - London show btw

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also, just listened to today's episode, ngl Tolly's really starting to annoy me. She was quite rude and insulted a lot of people in the dilemma's. I would hate to be the person who wrote in, sooo disrespectful. I loveeed the podcast and still do (kinda) but honestly starting to get annoyed with some of the way things on the show are done.

Reactions: 10
Also, just listened to today's episode, ngl Tolly's really starting to annoy me. She was quite rude and insulted a lot of people in the dilemma's. I would hate to be the person who wrote in, sooo disrespectful. I loveeed the podcast and still do (kinda) but honestly starting to get annoyed with some of the way things on the show are done.
Why did I also get the Carmex ad and the hair ad TWICE. I understand the need for ads. It gets them šŸ’° but FOUR ads in less then an hour show is team too much

• Haha
Well I'm going to the show (hopefully loool), I'm probably going to go with 1 friend, if anyone would like someone to go with, we can meet up earlier get some drinks and go :) - London show btw
Iā€™d seen print screens of this thread on Twitter and thought noOoOoOo I love them what do I not know, relieved to see itā€™s a wholesome cute place tbh

(havenā€™t read the whole thread yet tho....)

Reactions: 2
Iā€™d seen print screens of this thread on Twitter and thought noOoOoOo I love them what do I not know, relieved to see itā€™s a wholesome cute place tbh

(havenā€™t read the whole thread yet tho....)
This threads not bad at all!! What were they saying on Twitter

Reactions: 1
This threads not bad at all!! What were they saying on Twitter
A tattle user got outed because she apparently mentioned someone who had nothing to do with the receipts podcast and she did a Coleen Rooney and found out the tattle users identity. Few comments on Twitter saying how mean the thread is and how you have to be ā€˜unhingedā€™ to comment on here but I think this thread is perfectly fine. Most of us are here because weā€™re in disbelief at how Tolly acts every week... She comes off as h o r r i b l e on the podcast. Sheā€™s the one who edits it too so she must think she comes across ok! I donā€™t think thatā€™s mean I think itā€™s a fair reflection of the content she puts out every week. Stop bullying Milena... then we might have more positive things to say!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A certain user here, got told off (I saw on twitter) because she was messaging different influencers and becoming their friends. They even shared personal things with her. But then, she would come on here and other forums, to gossip about them! That's scary. That's not what the rest of us are doing here.

Plus, here has balanced/fair opinions, no one is sayng anything disrespectful. Sometimes, we need to express ourselves. Some influencers even read and use gossip forums!

The whole "can't you talk in your friends group chat" argument doesn't make sense, if none of our friends watch/listen to the same things we do. We are sharing opnions here because we have a common interest.

But when people are being trolls, doxxing people, or being unnecessarily mean, then yes, they can get called out.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The whole "can't you talk in your friends group chat" argument doesn't make sense, if none of our friends watch/listen to the same things we do. We are sharing opnions here because we have a common interest.
Less relevant to the receipts and more influencers and Twitter in general, social media platforms are inherently hierarchical with big follower counts and blue ticks, so only very few people actually have the chance to speak and be heard. Largely if someone has an opinion to the contrary (and no not talking about being a vile right winger here) theyā€™re dog piled by the bigger accountā€™s following. The nice thing about tattle is itā€™s a real leveller, you can talk about whatever you want to and whilst there are disagreements theyā€™re handled a LOT better than on Twitter, weā€™re moderated a lot better than Twitter tho and have rules that keep the place nicer. However some threads are total trash & some commenters are nuts, so sadly itā€™ll always be them that influencers (again not saying this girl / example but others) cherry pick to make us all look bad. Itā€™s mad cos they want our eyeballs on their content to monetise us but heaven forbid dare we have an opinion on it.

On topic: Havenā€™t listened to the main podcast in about a year but do love the dilemmas. I was a bit disappointed in the merch tbh else would have bought some, Iā€™d love a mug!

• Heart
100%! Yes, exactly! @heretoreaditall2019
Influencers in general would love for us to just be quiet and agree with everything they do, like little robots. But are also very loud when they want to voice their own opinions or issues.

And as for the podcast, I have listened to it since the very beginning, and have paid to go to their live show. I'm within my rights to say when I'm dissatisfied with something - just like a customer. And I no longer enjoy the podcast, for many reasons. I have stopped listening recently, therefore I won't buy their merch. But a mug would do good, I think that would sell better than clothing!

(Sorry, forgot to quote you) @heretoreaditall2019

Reactions: 8