The Receipts Podcast

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually can't believe how Audrey was fully mocking the Indian accent for a good while with Milena laughing and joining in.. Tolly for once being the only unproblematic one. I had to switch it off straight after that because wtf?? So embarrassing for 3 women in their 30s who are supposedly "WOKE"

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I actually can't believe how Audrey was fully mocking the Indian accent for a good while with Milena laughing and joining in.. Tolly for once being the only unproblematic one. I had to switch it off straight after that because wtf?? So embarrassing for 3 women in their 30s who are supposedly "WOKE"
I'm sorry, what? I switched off before that, so I guess so missed the part. That is acceptable tbh, thought they knew better. Glad Tolly didn't join in..
I wonder if they got complaints about it.

Reactions: 2
Yep I think it was about halfway through they started singing Jay Sean and Audrey thought it would be absolutely hilarious to sing the whole song in an awful Indian accent to mock Jay Sean saying that that's how he sings it... bearing in mind Jay Sean is BRITISH and was born here so does not even sound like that. How can they think that's okay to record and then include in their podcast? I was appalled

• Wow
Reactions: 14
This really shocked me too!!! In 2021?! It was so so out of character and bang out of order. I was really disappointed. I wonder if they got complaints and will apologise in this weeks episode. I hope so!

And yeah I was pleased Tolly didn’t join in! As problematic as she is, she stands very strong in not mocking/playing with other cultures and I do admire her for that.

Reactions: 7
Audrey defo won’t address cus they’re all too cowardly. If they do address it it’ll be in the realm of hinting towards not being able to say anything these days because ‘everyone gets offended’ I just know it🙄

Reactions: 4
Audrey defo won’t address cus they’re all too cowardly. If they do address it it’ll be in the realm of hinting towards not being able to say anything these days because ‘everyone gets offended’ I just know it🙄
I feel like Audrey does a few problematic things but always gets away with it as she’s everyone’s sweetheart

Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen their tweets?? Guess they will be addressing it this week and too right. I hope they actually give a sincere apology and really look at themselves cus they’ve all got some serious growing up to do

Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen their tweets?? Guess they will be addressing it this week and too right. I hope they actually give a sincere apology and really look at themselves cus they’ve all got some serious growing up to do
Checked their twitters, I can't see any tweets addressing it. Can u please send what you're talking about?
I can only see other people's tweets about it on their hashtag

And yeah I was pleased Tolly didn’t join in! As problematic as she is, she stands very strong in not mocking/playing with other cultures and I do admire her for that.
i kind of take back what i said about tolly because even though she didnt join in, she edits the podcast so thought it was okay and kept it in soooo... 🤧

Can't wait to hear what they have to say in tomorrows ep!

Reactions: 12
I prefer Audrey's apology, she just got straight to the point and admitted her wrong. Milena explained herself a bit too much, saying "we are always doing impressions", yet again, Jay Sean doesn't have an accent so how it that an impression of him?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I prefer Audrey's apology, she just got straight to the point and admitted her wrong. Milena explained herself a bit too much, saying "we are always doing impressions", yet again, Jay Sean doesn't have an accent so how it that an impression of him?
I agree I feel like Milena’s apology was weak

Eeesh not listened to it yet - but really surprised that no one at Spotify listens to it ahead of upload, especially as it’s a Spotify exclusive / one of their top ones?!

Reactions: 4
Yeah as soon as she started I thought WTF are you doing? Audrey needs to engage her brain and realise this podcast won't be forever and people will not hire her with her dumb slightly racist comments.

Also Tolly admitting to peeing on the back of a bus. Not in a bottle. The floor.. disguhstang

The whole ep was a mess. It reminded me why Ms Phoebe Parkes left.

Last edited:
  • Haha
They speak weekly about racism they have suffered so I can not believe they would do this, and keep it in the podcast. I’m glad that they will speak on it on the next episode, but they wouldn’t be so forgiving if people were making a mockery of black people on another podcast.

The whole ep was a mess. It reminded me why Ms Phoebe Parkes left.
When they were talking about somebody they knew paying a mans debts I had a feeling they were talking about Phoebe. Not sure though

When they were talking about somebody they knew paying a mans debts I had a feeling they were talking about Phoebe. Not sure though
Phoebe immediately popped into my mind too. Especially when they said it's someone who acted like they would never do something like that. They always saw Phoebe as the one who thought she was too good for anything. I remember.

That was a very ‘sorry you were offended’ apology. Why couldn’t they have just said ‘sorry, it was bang out of order and it won’t happen again’?

At least Milena said that listening back, it sounded distasteful - I guess that’s something…

Didn’t like Audrey comparing it to doing Irish accents and imitating Pooja - that was weird. The issue was that the caricature accent they gave Jay Sean was nothing like his accent in those songs?? He sounded very american, as a lot of people do when they sing sooo… why the accent, girls?

Overall a disappointing apology and I’m now giving them all huge side eye.

• Heart