Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

macaronicheese4life

I think the fact there’s only these two left speaks volumes… it was so clear for quite some time now that there was some kind of tension between Milena and Tolly. For them to say that everything was fine was a bit fishy, I don’t doubt that maybe they were going through a stage where it was all getting on better but I don’t think it was all always rosy as they as they made out.

As harsh as it is Tolly does give big bully vibes even in the podcast today she tried to be so gracious but came across as nothing but a twat! There’s no smoke without fire

Reactions: 21

SpellingBea

VIP Member
No but I've been in the past and it was actually really enjoyable
i'd love to go to a live show, think it would be great.

One thing that grates me with the podcast is the way Tolly seems to make a point of disagreeing with everything Milena says. It's so jarring. At least Audrey considers Milena's opinion and then gives her own rather than just going 'no' and shutting her down. Especially when theyre talking about relationships or parenting, like, Milena has had better luck in relationships and also has a child so why would you just dismiss her opinion??

Audrey is my favourite forever, she is just good vibes, I'd love to be her friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

boulevardier

Obviously there is bad blood, they barely mentioned her in the announcement and didn’t thank her or wish her well… maybe now Milena is mature and happy in herself she was done with Tolly being so nasty and dismissive to her and Audrey brown nosing constantly. Yeah the energy was low on this weeks ep, milena didn’t speak for the first minute and Tolly and Audrey were looking down the whole time.

I really value milenas point of view so would love her to do another form of podcast about being Latina, a mum, queer etc. after 7 years of listening I think this is where I will bow out. Listening to Tolly bang on about how great she is and Audrey changing her every opinion to match Tollys is gonna be too much.

Reactions: 19

boulevardier

I completely agree, I think some of the comments Audrey and Tolly make about white women are problematic. Of course some comments are justified and based on their lived experience but when they say “all white people xyz” and make sweeping statements about an entire race, it’s unpleasant to listen to and highlights probably their real views on white people. If a white female podcast did this you could imagine their reaction.

The show’s conversations about race are so interesting and important but neither of them has any time for Milenas viewpoint as a Latino women or asked anything from a Latino perespective and as time went on spoke a lot about the black experience in a way that Milena couldn’t engage. It became a black womens show rather than a POC show which would be fine but not when a host isn’t of that race. I wonder why they didn’t just have an all black show rather than marginalise Milena. As mentioned, no Latin guest in 7 years but a white woman is bizarre. If the roles were reversed and the only black host was overlooked, ignored, mocked and belittled down to it would be clear racism. I also remember in an older episode Tolly berating Milena for “playing into” her race with men, again if someone criticised a black woman for being overly sexual just for existing that would be racist.

I can’t help but wonder if Milena coming out as queer marked a shift in their attitude toward her.. I remember it was Tolly that actually outed milenas relationship on the podcast. Also, Tolly talking over Milena speaking about being abused as a child to talk about her own outfit was disgusting.

the comment at the end of this weeks ep ‘we’re bringing 2 episodes a week back in January, that’s work ethic, and some people just don’t want to work’ something to that effect I don’t have it word for word. I know this is a Kim k quote, however in their jokey laughing attitude at the end when they said Milena is leaving, I felt like it was directed at Milena and not just joking. Tolly also mentioned Audrey being a parent now and needing time with her child. Milena is a parent too and was well before Audrey. I’ve always felt the leader of the pod was Tolly and she can be very insufferable and insular in her thoughts. I’m also gonna say it, both Tolly & Audrey are very racist to white women! I’m sorry I might get hate for that. I’ve been a loyal listener for years and I’ve always thought that but never said it. Just some comments they make, some hypothetical scenarios they talk about, seem to be very against white women. Not that white women aren’t racist too, anyone can be racist of course I’m not saying that. I’m just saying in my opinion that’s how I felt. Unfortunately I won’t be listening anymore. It’s a very sad day indeed and I loved their work (most of the time) every week for years but such is life we must move on.

Reactions: 18

Bima6694

Seen a bit of speculation on twitter about the podcast ending or things not being right. I haven't listened in a long time, wondering what people think?
There was a part in one of the most recent podcasts where Audrey asked Milena about her childhood and Milena was getting emotional and crying and Tolly interrupted by falling off her chair or something and bursting into laughter. It was very awkward. I feel like Tolly doesn't like her, constantly talks over her/dismisses whatever she's saying. She seems to act like the ringleader and Milena can't get a word in

I also have noticed a shift since Milena got with her girlfriend - they talk about about sex with men and I don't think she can relate to that anymore / it makes her uncomfortable

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Aliyahhh

VIP Member
I can see it from both sides.

Yes, Milena should have maybe spoke up sooner. And yes, she could have left on a better note in regards to this supposed unexpected email then no further conversation etc. Like Tolly and Audrey said, after so many years it is just respectful to have at least a face to face or at least phone conversation to end this or mediate it. I do think just an email with no warning etc was a bit distasteful from Milena. But we don’t know 100% what has gone on behind closed doors I guess, she may of had her reasonings for how she handled it.

Onto Tolly and Audrey. The way they spoke about the whole situation was also distasteful from them. I do feel that Audrey actually held herself quite well through the discussion and seemed to be quite calm and level headed towards it all. She had quite a fair approach to me. She didn’t bad mouth Milena, didn’t have an attitude and she seemed quite fair. However insinuating that she went into labour the day after MIGHT have had something to do with this was wild. She was due that week anyway.

Tolly however, I get she must be feeling a type of way. But there’s ways to address things without coming across as a bitch. She’s not a bully, she’s just outspoken and not afraid to speak up and that’s absolutely fine. But there’s a way to conduct yourself. And that discussion about Milena was NOT it. I also really didn’t like the comment she made about “I have my elders” as in - she has older family she can confide in about this. Knowing fine well that Milena doesn’t have a huge family nor does she speak to her parents etc. I might be reaching but that to me seemed a dig in the way she said it.

The whole thing is a massive shame for them all.
And I’m sorry to say, I get they probably all played a part and as we’ve established the way it’s been handled has been questionable from all of them. BUT - as much as she wants to deny and argue this - Tolly did bring this on. Period. She has had underlying weird un necessary beef with Milena for a LONG time and it’s been so clearly evident. I mean look on twitter, it is literally flooded with tweets saying that the beef Tolly had with Milena was clear for years. But yet she STILL wants to argue this. Literally 85% of the tweets I’ve read have said the same thing - these are all your listeners who HEARD it. How can you argue that 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16

efam314

I was expecting watch the podcast and see an emotional part where Milena said she was leaving and them all crying, cut to Tolly and Audrey just announcing it on their own :/ ugh I don’t think it’s gonna be the same when they come back. I agree Tolly and Audrey’s views are too similar and a lot of the time they looked down on Milena’s views when I think a lot of listeners would probably agree. I hope whatever she is going to do works out for her

• Sad

SpellingBea

VIP Member
Did anyone go to the shows yday? I was there and it was actually really good! Main takeaway from it was that Audrey and Nick are back together!! she is back wearing her wedding ring and said they're 'working things out'!!! So happy for her.

I haven't got to the chapter where she discusses her divorce yet but will be an interesting experience, knowing that they're now back together.

• Heart

dollfacex

I'm so glad I've found a forum where I can talk on this its just sad because I'm so late to the party and it's not as popping anymore. But I'm so glad everybody agrees on Tolly being an absolute bully to Milena it's ridiculous. I'm ngl Milena irritates me a lot because I feel like she acts to act slow on purpose, but thats completely overshadowed by Tolly. She acts like a monster. She either stays silent whenever Milena makes a legit point or completely shuts her down. I wish Milena backed herself more, but I feel like if she did it would create an unbreakable tension and maybe start to the breakdown of the receipts. I think its really sad the way she's left out, but obviously you can't force friendships. Audrey is my absolute fave, and even though shes not perfect I honestly hope for the best for her, shes such a genuine soul and so stunning aswell. I used to like tolly for her opinion etc but listening back to the episodes all i can think is who died and made you king?? She is an absolute bully and I think someone needs to show her this forum to make it resonate with her.

• Heart

SpellingBea

VIP Member
She's in this weeks ep but apparently there's an added bit at the end to say she's left (I haven't got there yet)
But same - I always skip the guest episodes. Especially if it's a man, I don't wanna know what a man thinks that's why I listen to female pods haha.
ah great, yeah i just started the ep and saw milena so was quite confused. Now i'm going to be analysing her throughout the ep, knowing its her last :(

i'm the same about the guest episodes. they always bring out the worst in Tolly (very performative), but when it's a man?! unlistenable.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Sophiadee

VIP Member
Why were they all being so passive aggressive about it when it was happening 🥴
Must be beef where they’re in the wrong. Just listened to the announcement on the pod, Milena wasn’t even there to say bye which confirms the tension. They didn’t seem upset by it either

• Wow
Reactions: 15

SpellingBea

VIP Member
I don’t believe this at all.
Shade borough posted the tweet and Audrey’s sister is going to war in the comments 😬

she shouldn’t have said anything, it would’ve all died down. Don’t they always say ‘don’t take paracetamol for someone else’s headache’?? I would say 5% of the negativity mentioned Audrey as well as Tolly. The rest was all directed at Tolly. Audrey should’ve sat there and ate her food I’m sorry

Reactions: 14

SpellingBea

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that Audrey has broken up with her husband again? She talks about dating/seeing guys very much in the present tense and a couple of weeks ago in a Your Receipts ep, there was a dilemma about how to get over someone when youve just broken up and she said something like 'we've all been through it, some more recently than others'... It's not necessarily our business, just wondering.

Also, I am really getting sick of Tolly making a point to disagree with EVERYTHING Milena says. It honestly feels like half the time, tolly doesn't even believe what she's saying, she just wants to disagree with Milena! its so jarring and i honestly don't know how milena puts up with it.

Joanna x

Yep I think it was about halfway through they started singing Jay Sean and Audrey thought it would be absolutely hilarious to sing the whole song in an awful Indian accent to mock Jay Sean saying that that's how he sings it... bearing in mind Jay Sean is BRITISH and was born here so does not even sound like that. How can they think that's okay to record and then include in their podcast? I was appalled

• Wow

follyol

Definitely beef. Not sure how good the podcast will be without her, it works because it’s the three of them - Audrey and Tolly are just an echo chamber will just be them reiterating each other’s views. It’s a shame as I was interested in seeing how the dynamic changed now that Audrey’s had a baby and with her and Milena both being Mums. Whatever the reason for her leaving think it’s a big mistake on both sides!

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Antigoni seems like a clout chaser to me. She likely has links to Milena through coming from the same area but was never in her stories before and now she’s out of Love Island she’s trying to extend her 15 minutes.
I find it super disingenuous too because she seemed to snub the black islanders in the house but is hanging around with loads of ‘Black Twitter’ faves atm.
My friend knows antigoni and she's a well known clout chaser in the greek north London community. Only likes to associate herself with those with a blue check and her family have allowed lots of money into her becoming a singer. She only went on li to launch her music career not to find love.

Regarding her disingenuous behaviour around black celebs, one should also note her parents are proud brexiteers despite being Greek Cypriot immigrants, if I remember correctly her dad even ran to be a UKIP candidate for election, not sure if it was MP or local councillor. I always side eye those of an immigrant background that endorse policies which would have kicked them out of the country e.g. Priti Patel etc

• Wow
  • Sick

curlylou

Very new here! Experiences of grief are different for all.

I feel I should clarify something as someone of African heritage. Funerals in many countries in Africa, particularly West Africa, are celebrations of life. Funerals are a BIG deal and go on for days. Some parts feel more like a party than a traditional British funeral. So yes, she is showing a so-called ‘lighter side’ but we approach funerals and practices around funerals very different in Africa.

Also, I must admit that if I was in a country (for a legitimate reason) and the rules were different (i.e. I’m able to go out and get my hair done etc) I would.

I understand it’s difficult to see when we’re very restricted in the UK but she’s not breaking any rules. The outrage is weird to me. It’s like seeing an Instagram story from someone living free in New Zealand and being angry, despite the fact that they’re allowed to do these things

Last edited: